Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Guys who stayed in draft/left for college... thoughts?

Stayed in draft

Patty Mills
Jrue Holiday
Taj Gibson
Jodie Meeks
Jeff Teague
Austin Daye
Chinemelu Alonu
Gerald Henderson
Shawn Taggart
Derrick Brown

Staying in college

Ater Majok
Luke Harangody
Greivis Vasquez
Tyler Smith
Jarvis Varnado
Damion James
Scottie Reynolds
Gani Lawal
Nic Wise
Devan Downey
Michael Washington
Dwayne Collins
Tasmin Mitchell
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Guys who stayed in draft/left for college... thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Stayed in draft

Patty Mills
Jrue Holiday

Taj Gibson
Jodie Meeks
Jeff Teague
Austin Daye
Chinemelu Alonu
Gerald Henderson
Shawn Taggart
Derrick Brown

Staying in college

Ater Majok]
Luke Harangody
Greivis Vasquez
Tyler Smith
Jarvis Varnado
Damion James
Scottie Reynolds

Gani Lawal
Nic Wise
Devan Downey
Michael Washington
Dwayne Collins
Tasmin Mitchell
My smart decision guys are in bold.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

I'm happy Vasquez and Reynolds stayed...yet again I feel that Austin Daye is making a bad decision..and possibly Jrue Holiday...but I like holiday
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Tyler smith should have been considered a mid to late 1st rd pick- he should have entered the draft
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Daye 200% should have stayed.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only guy I think made a "bad" decision is Daye. I've seen nothing from him that says he'll be a successful NBA player. Teague could've helped his stock by going back to Wake, along with so many points being in the draft, but I don't fault him.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The only guy I think made a "bad" decision is Daye. I've seen nothing from him that says he'll be a successful NBA player. Teague could've helped his stock by going back to Wake, along with so many points being in the draft, but I don't fault him.
Not even Alonu?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not even Alonu?

I'll be honest, I know nothing about that dude other than reading his name on draft eligible players.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'll be honest, I know nothing about that dude other than reading his name on draft eligible players.
Me neither. There's probably GM's who don't also.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #10
matty p
Can barely lace up my sneakers

matty p has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Stayed in draft

Patty Mills
Jrue Holiday
Taj Gibson

Jodie Meeks
Jeff Teague
Austin Daye
Chinemelu Alonu
Gerald Henderson
Shawn Taggart
Derrick Brown

Staying in college

Ater Majok
Luke Harangody
Greivis Vasquez

Tyler Smith
Jarvis Varnado
Damion James
Scottie Reynolds

Gani Lawal
Nic Wise
Devan Downey
Michael Washington
Dwayne Collins
Tasmin Mitchell

Good decisions in bold. Can't believe Meeks left Kentucky, he would've had a shot at a national championship.
matty p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Meeks was concerned about fit in the dribble drive scheme. And his stock probably wasn't going up or down at this point.

I think Mills should have gone back to school. Ending the year on the injury, and being in such a deep PG pool is going to push him down the board. He's a class ahead of most of his conference in terms of talent, so it's unlikely he'd have a bad year next year, and he could have easily moved up.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Majok made the best decision I'd say. Right now he is a raw, talented big who simply was not going to be drafted. It is rumored that he might go to Europe because of his family's financial situation, but he may just stay at UConn which will be best for him. Calhoun has an impressive track record of developing and pumping out NBA players, even though he doesn't get 4-5 5* recruits every season like UNC and Duke. I'd say 2 years in college and if he is as good as billed, he will slip into the first round area.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Majok made the best decision I'd say. Right now he is a raw, talented big who simply was not going to be drafted. It is rumored that he might go to Europe because of his family's financial situation, but he may just stay at UConn which will be best for him. Calhoun has an impressive track record of developing and pumping out NBA players, even though he doesn't get 4-5 5* recruits every season like UNC and Duke. I'd say 2 years in college and if he is as good as billed, he will slip into the first round area.

Those raw guys you never know about. I remember Uconn's Ajou Ajou Deng getting nips before he ever stepped on a court too, like Majok, but the more he played, the less he had that mystical upside. But as far as basketball development goes, he's much better off coming back.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Me neither. There's probably GM's who don't also.
yeah, you think he would've learned after joe jones and deandre did so well for themselves. he was decent for the aggies this year (and last), but nothing suggesting he should declare. Im sure he has his reasons.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: