Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Call your team's pick

With the draft 8 days away and the guys who're in/out set, it's time to make your call. Making a mock draft is cool and all, but I'll be the first to admit I know (IMO) the wants/needs of teams outside of Indy at about a 1:4 ratio, if even that.

You've all seen my love for Jrue Holiday and the ability it gives us to ship out Ford, but I 99% expect him to be off the board at 13. My pick comes down to two prospects, DeJuan Blair and James Johnson. I think the Blair knee "issues" are a rumor in the Darrell Arthur 08 mold put out there by some team hoping he falls and that he doesn't get past Milwaukee at 10 or NJ at 11. With that said, I say the Indianapolis Pacers select James Johnson of Wake Forest.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Call your team's pick

Oklahoma City Thunder will select Hasheem Thabeet. I think Rubio will go to Memphis and while a lot of people think we should go with Harden here, I say we'll go for Thabeet. There just aren't a lot of prospects at Center in the next two years that I like. This will be another project for the Thunder, their previous projects [Sene and Petro] didn't exactly work out but the Thunder will take another chance.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ed Stefanski has said his plans are to go with the best guard available. He didn't necessarily say point guard, but Andre Miller is not expected to resign and even if he does he'll need to be replaced soon. Royal Ivey also opted out of his contract the other day. So as of right now Lou Williams is our only "point guard" on the roster. Lawson, Teague, and Maynor are the main guys that have been brought in for workouts. Maynor and Teague got to workout with eachother. Right now it looks like Lawson, Maynor, then Teague, with Lawson/Maynor probably able to flip flop.

Flynn, Jennings, and Patty Mills haven't worked out for the team. Darren Collison did however, but he's very doubtful to be taken at 17.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Bobcats will probably take Henderson but apparently Larry Brown really liked Terrance Williams. We'll see...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Ed Stefanski has said his plans are to go with the best guard available. He didn't necessarily say point guard, but Andre Miller is not expected to resign and even if he does he'll need to be replaced soon. Royal Ivey also opted out of his contract the other day. So as of right now Lou Williams is our only "point guard" on the roster. Lawson, Teague, and Maynor are the main guys that have been brought in for workouts. Maynor and Teague got to workout with eachother. Right now it looks like Lawson, Maynor, then Teague, with Lawson/Maynor probably able to flip flop.

Flynn, Jennings, and Patty Mills haven't worked out for the team. Darren Collison did however, but he's very doubtful to be taken at 17.

I wouldn't be surprised much if Lawson goes before Maynor, but I'm just not sure Lawson can do anything but run'n'gun. I know that fits what Philly's doing right now, so I wouldn't question a Lawson pick at all, I just think Maynor is the safest PG prospect (including Rubio) in the class, he's Sam Cassell part deux to me, one of those kids that's going to end up being a great prospective coach once his playing days are over. Regardless of where he goes I'm going to be rooting for him.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I wouldn't be surprised much if Lawson goes before Maynor, but I'm just not sure Lawson can do anything but run'n'gun. I know that fits what Philly's doing right now, so I wouldn't question a Lawson pick at all, I just think Maynor is the safest PG prospect (including Rubio) in the class, he's Sam Cassell part deux to me, one of those kids that's going to end up being a great prospective coach once his playing days are over. Regardless of where he goes I'm going to be rooting for him.
Yeah what I like about Maynor over Lawson is that Maynor can play at 3 or 4 different speeds and sometimes all in the same possession. Lawson seems to only have one speed, really really fast. I'm almost certain that as long as Rubio/Jennings/Flynn/Curry are off the board like expected our pick will be either Lawson or Maynor.

I'm at the point where I won't be upset who we pick as long as it's reasonable because you never know how these guys are going to be. If a PG falls from projected lottery to 17 and we pass then I'll be pissed. But taking Lawson over Maynor when I prefer Maynor wouldn't upset me, or something similar. I just can't wait to draft a guy and see him in summer games.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Yeah what I like about Maynor over Lawson is that Maynor can play at 3 or 4 different speeds and sometimes all in the same possession. Lawson seems to only have one speed, really really fast. I'm almost certain that as long as Rubio/Jennings/Flynn/Curry are off the board like expected our pick will be either Lawson or Maynor.

I'm at the point where I won't be upset who we pick as long as it's reasonable because you never know how these guys are going to be. If a PG falls from projected lottery to 17 and we pass then I'll be pissed. But taking Lawson over Maynor when I prefer Maynor wouldn't upset me, or something similar. I just can't wait to draft a guy and see him in summer games.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd call Stefanski an idiot for taking Lawson at 17 or anything like that, nothing close, makes a ton of sense, I'm just enamored with Maynor. Maynor, Blair (even if I think he's a poor Indy fit), and Hansbrough are just my favorite players in this class as far as 1st round prospects in terms of IQ and just a throwback style. Just wish Maynor were around 185 or so instead of being 165 (lighest at the combine I think), that's my only question mark.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Maynor had a low vertical too but showed off an impressive leap in his Sixers workout vid

Also expect the Sixers to obtain a 2nd round pick and draft a shooter. They don't currently have a 2nd rounder but they've worked out Dionte Christmas, Jodie Meeks, Jack McClinton, and Wayne Ellington...all 2nd round pick shooters that they'd have no business working out unless they were looking to acquire a 2nd rounder.

And as you probably know, I pray Flynn slips down to 17 on draft day.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 06-17-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I absolutely hate drafting "shooters" if that's their only skill. I can give you a dozen numbers right now that have NBA quality jumpshots (I'm not exaggerating).
Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
To add to what I said about Maynor having 3-4 speeds and Lawson only having 1, Lawson probably has the best change of direction of this point guard crop. Doesn't have that Iverson crossover, just a normal switch of left to right or right to left that's impossible to stay in front of because of his speed.

Still a question of if he can finish when he gets by his man though.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Philadelphia 76er's select:
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Blazers will take Tyler Hansbrough.

They may not be the original team he's drafted too but at the end of the day he'll be in Portland.

He's the perfect fit and everything Kevin Pritchard looks for in a play and person that he's adding to the team.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: