Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
DeepStich
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I wish they showed Euroleague games on TV here.

...same!
DeepStich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #17
luv2ball
Can barely lace up my sneakers

If you have NBAtv they show Euro games. I like the Euro Game, More fundamentally sound then the NBA. Much better shooters, but less athleticism. I think that Top Euro Teams should play the Top NBA teams in a tournament, not that Exhibition crap either. I think we would all be surprised
luv2ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #18
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Do you American guys have ever seen an european basketball game? It isn't soft at all, but it is much more difficult to play one on one, as the rules doesn't restrict defense at all, so players with good basketball IQ are more succesful. Nocioni laughs when Chicago press asks him about the tough label he is getting, as he states that he was able to be much tougher in Europe. The new NBA rules are making almost impossible to stop guys than Kobe, Iverson or LeBron (all of them averaged more than 30) I wonder if Jordan were playing now, how much he would average
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #19
ATZA

Default Aris to Euroleague!!!

Jasicevicus wasn't the best player in europe. He was the best player on the best team...like Billups on Pistons
Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

Meanwhile, Billups would simply dominate Euroleague. He could lead any European team to a championship.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #21
zybine
I airball my layups

Default billups

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Meanwhile, Billups would simply dominate Euroleague. He could lead any European team to a championship.

That is so true. I think the main difference between euroleague and NBA lies in the fact you don't have in Europe exceptional talents like Dirk, Nash, Wade, Lebron and alii. If you take a closer look, euro teams compensate their lack of individual leaders with team play and (and that is something one too rarely mentions) heart. This is also a result of spectators' passion for the game. Just compare an NbA third quarter between charlotte and toronto with a Partizan Belgrad-Panathinaikos Athens game...
Next world championships in japan and olympic games in China are going to be deceiving from this point of view : not too many euro addicts in the audience. I figure the French will be a team to follow, especially in 2008 : Euro culture + nba individuals.
pg : Tony Parker
sg : pietrus/morandais (former of Colorado)
sf : gelabale (sonics would-be : he's a really good one, very convincing in one of the best euro teams Real Madrid)
pf : diaw/turiaf
c : petro/mahinmi/yacoubha diawara (former of Pepperdine)

the next wave of talents (born after 1986) are even better (ever hard of Joakim Noah ?)

I read above mahinmi, drafted by the spurs, had abysmal stats. Wrong : 20 mpg, 9.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg. Should move to Pau-Orthez next year, where pietrus and diaw blossomed a few years ago. A promising young fellow.

Last edited by zybine : 06-10-2006 at 12:11 PM.
zybine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #22
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Yeah, and Ben Wallace would hit 3s in Europe... C'mon... get real
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #23
Unregistered

Default ...

Heh could Jasikevicius play if he plays SG....How would James woud look like in C position...I am pretty sure that Siskauskas can play in NBA in a starting lineup in a winning team(but his health arent good enough for NBA..).
All in all we will se how NBA team will strugle(ant loose) ir Europe games live. I think we will hear form Amerikans ir was jst offseason it was just friendly and etc :)
Old 06-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #24
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
All in all we will se how NBA team will strugle(ant loose) ir Europe games live. I think we will hear form Amerikans ir was jst offseason it was just friendly and etc :)
"FIBA basketball is not real basketball"
"We didn't send our best players"
"Euro teams just flop and flop"
You know they'll say this...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

Splitter pulled out of the draft again. He is the consumate Euro-coward.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #26
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Splitter pulled out of the draft again. He is the consumate Euro-coward.
The problem with Splitter is the same Scola has. They've got a contract and they can't leave their teams unless they agree to a buyout. These people are professionals, they play for money, why would they have to lose money to go to the NBA?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #27
fearandir
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hello again

i am from spain

splitter and scola plays here. well,1 thing you should know is that in spain exist 1 thing called "clausula de rescision" i dont know how to translate it

well when a player signs with a spanish team, this one put price to the player so interested teams must paid this amount to contract him.

we are talking huge amounts of money like 3 million dolars, nba teams usually dont pay it so must be the player who afford it with his salary.

Fran vazquez received a offer from akasvayu girona (acb team) for 2 million euros/season and 4 years. its a huge salary...
fearandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 AM   #28
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandir
1 thing you should know is that in spain exist 1 thing called "clausula de rescision" i dont know how to translate it
buyout clause
Old 07-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #29
jordan23

Default euro

the euro league is for the pussys who are to afraid to show there talent in the nba if they can even make to tonba
Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #30
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Euroleague was soft compared to the NBA. Now, players in the NBA can run to the basket over and over again and if someone as much as breathes on them, foul... So it has evened out
However, I like NBA more because euroleague is so boring its insane.. the points avg is like 50-60 per game.. some teams cant even make 20 (!) points in 20 minutes jeez plz add defensive restrictions
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: