Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Default A taker for Sammy??

I'm wondering if anyone else heard this rumor last night.

I heard it on WIP.

Sixers would send Sammy back to fabled old coach Larry Brown in exchange for bigs while swapping draft picks.

Sixers trade:
Sam Dalembart
#17 pick

to

Bobcats:
Nazr Mohammed
Vladimar Radmonivic (sp?)
#12 pick

Honestly, it sounds...skeptical. But LB has been known for worse. In fact, I'm wondering if we have to sign and trade Derrick Coleman to sweeten the pot for LB.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: A taker for Sammy??

I said it before. Dalembert and LB would be pure entertainment.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
ppierce34

And Brown does love him some DC, but credit DC did always play hard for LB.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

I guess it would all depend on whom they value as a PG of the future. If they see a guy at 12 who they view as a good starter and who they can't get at 17, I suppose. Otherwise, it's a waste. In this draft, there is incredible parity between picks 10 on down to the 20's. Radmanovic and Mohammed both have two years left on their deals and neither one gives us anything. They'll be deep reserves. Mohammed can't play anymore and doesn't fit our system one lick and Radmanovic becomes redundant with Smith and Kapono already here. We don't save money and don't get better players so it seems like a bad move unless there is someone specific they are targeting at 12 whom they value very highly and who won't be around at 17. Don't think Flynn is there at 12 and don't see anyone else worth moving up for.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I like the trade if it went down. Add another perimeter threat in Radmanovic thus continuing to improve perimeter shooting. Also moving up 5 spots to be in position to land a player you could miss out on at 17. Stephen Curry, Jonny Flynn, Brandon Jennings. If Sixers didnt do this trade I wouldnt be upset however. Lets face it the chances of you getting a deal involving Sammy where yousay "Sixers improve! Sxers got better!" are slim.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

Personally, I'm not sure I'd move up for Jennings and Flynn and Curry will be gone. If Flynn or Curry are somehow there at 12, it makes sense, otherwise, we add two stiffs who make even more than Sam. At the end, if they feel Jennings is a super star in the waiting, I guess so be it.

Are we really going to play Kapono and Radmanovic together? How many points will that line-up give up? They'd have to hit every 3 they take not to get ouscored. And we'd have Smith or Speights at C, neither one of whom is a good rebounder or defender, so we'd get creamed on the boards as well. It would have to be a guy they absolutely love at 12 to even consider making it. Otherwise, we actually get worse and pay several million more than we're paying for Dalembert? Those two stiffs are due $26.8 million over the next two years.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
Personally, I'm not sure I'd move up for Jennings and Flynn and Curry will be gone. If Flynn or Curry are somehow there at 12, it makes sense, otherwise, we add two stiffs who make even more than Sam. At the end, if they feel Jennings is a super star in the waiting, I guess so be it.

Curry most likely will be gone. But Flynn could fall there at 12.

Quote:
Are we really going to play Kapono and Radmanovic together? How many points will that line-up give up?

Depends how long they are in and against who. It'll come down to matchups. While defensively you will wonder how bad they will be. You'd have to hope team defense is able to make thier defensive woes not as bad and they are hitting their shots. Basically you are hoping a bit.

Last edited by GOBB : 06-17-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Radmanovic is a bit of a knucklehead. I remember back in LA when he broke his arm snowboarding and then lied to the Lakers about how he broke it because snowboarding is against his contract. And didn't he get traded out of LA because him and Phil Jackson were having so many disputes?

Sidenote: Did anybody see Donyell Marshall on Daily News Live? I have no idea when he was on there but my friend was telling me about it. Said they asked Donyell about Sammy and do the teammates go up to him during practice. 'Yell said every single player on the team had went up to him that season and told him what he's doing wrong and how to fix it. And that the veteran leaders like him and Ratliff were on his ass all the time trying to help him out. Then they asked "and how did he take that advice?" to which Marshall answered "He was always in a bad mood"
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
ppierce34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Radmanovic is a bit of a knucklehead. I remember back in LA when he broke his arm snowboarding and then lied to the Lakers about how he broke it because snowboarding is against his contract. And didn't he get traded out of LA because him and Phil Jackson were having so many disputes?

Sidenote: Did anybody see Donyell Marshall on Daily News Live? I have no idea when he was on there but my friend was telling me about it. Said they asked Donyell about Sammy and do the teammates go up to him during practice. 'Yell said every single player on the team had went up to him that season and told him what he's doing wrong and how to fix it. And that the veteran leaders like him and Ratliff were on his ass all the time trying to help him out. Then they asked "and how did he take that advice?" to which Marshall answered "He was always in a bad mood"

That sounds like Sam. I remember one time Webber and AI had him pretty much sandwiched coming off the court one in each ear...Sam looked at them pissed off and waved his hands like get out of here. Yes Sam, not like these guys have near 20 All-Star appearances between them, you know better. Hell I remember being in Celts/Sixers game in Boston early a few years ago when my buddy worked security there. Sam was playing one on one against Sam Clancy and while Clancy was cleary working in his game, Sam was firiing up threes and trying to cross over Clancy at the top of the key.

As for the trade itself, I would do it. Nazr is servicable. Radmonivic is another defenisve liability, but can spread the floor with his shot and create some mismatches. The ability to have a shot at Flynn and more so Jennings is the big kicker, obviously saying bye to Sam is the big

Last edited by ppierce34 : 06-17-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #10
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

GOBB - from RealGM today:

"Teams are reportedly starting to come around on North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson. Lawson has taken some criticism because of both his size and style of play, but he's been great in a number of pre-draft workouts. If Lawson goes in the top-ten, it would likely slide Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn down the draft board. ESPN has reported that Lawson could go No. 8 to the Knicks if Stephen Curry and Jordan Hill are gone. He appears to be a fit for the Bucks (10th), Pacers (13th) and 76ers (17th) as well."

So if they have a deal in place "in case" Flynn is there at 12, that would make sense.

Also, if we stand pat at 17, I suppose Lawson might be the guy and not Maynor, presuming both are there of course.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
GOBB - from RealGM today:

"Teams are reportedly starting to come around on North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson. Lawson has taken some criticism because of both his size and style of play, but he's been great in a number of pre-draft workouts. If Lawson goes in the top-ten, it would likely slide Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn down the draft board. ESPN has reported that Lawson could go No. 8 to the Knicks if Stephen Curry and Jordan Hill are gone. He appears to be a fit for the Bucks (10th), Pacers (13th) and 76ers (17th) as well."

So if they have a deal in place "in case" Flynn is there at 12, that would make sense.

Also, if we stand pat at 17, I suppose Lawson might be the guy and not Maynor, presuming both are there of course.
Ty Lawson moving up again? Damn, this draft sure has parity in ranges #8~#22

I think there's about a 70% chance that Flynn is available at #12, and around 50% Jennings is still there. Not so sure either of them is worth trading up (as far as how they fit in), but showing the exit door to Sammy definitely makes this trade scenario appealing.

I wonder who Stefanski thinks higher of between Maynor and Lawson. Anyone know how Maynor's workout went?

Sidenote: About Radman's attitude, there was also a rumor saying he had some serious trouble with his national team. Something about a postgame locker room fight, while playing under arguably the best coach in europe Zeljko Obradovic.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Sidenote: About Radman's attitude, there was also a rumor saying he had some serious trouble with his national team. Something about a postgame locker room fight, while playing under arguably the best coach in europe Zeljko Obradovic.
Yup, he was also traded from the Clippers because he was upset he wasn't starting. He's a headache.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #13
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

I still think that unless Flynn is there at 12, we can get a better deal for Sammy, as bad as his contract is, than what the Bobcats have to offer. Hell, we'd be better off keeping him. No sense in making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Not to mention that we'd be taking $5 million extra in salary for one guy who can't play a lick in our system and another who is completely redundant.

Flynn I really like. He should be a very good NBA player for many years. Jennings I'm not at all sold on and not sure he's NBA ready. He does have a very high ceiling, but he also has a high bust potential, and that's a big risk to take.

I have a hard time believing the Knicks take Lawson at 8 or that he goes in the top 10. Think it's more of a smoke screen. At the same time, I wouldn't be shocked if he got taken between 11 and 16. Same with Maynor for that matter.

Between the two, I suppose I'd rather take Lawson. He's a better shooter and ball handler. He's undersized and he gets hurt a lot. Not sure he's a full time starting PG in the NBA - think he'll get too dinged up. Something about Maynor that screams Acie Law at me. Just seems like he'll end up being a back up PG. But while I've seen a lot of Lawson, I can't say the same about Maynor and it could simply be a matter of prejudice versus the competition he faced and the players he played with.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I didnt realize Rad was such a d0uche. No sense of getting rid of 1 d0uche for another even if it moves you up 5 spots in the draft.

Its funny how Lawson is shooting up in the draft. The one knock is can he run a half court offense.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

He's been great in workouts apparently, and teams are happy with his improved shooting and his low turnover ratio. They figure that while he is small, he's very strong, so only a few bigger guards who know how to post would be able to take advantage of him. It seems the thinking goes that while he doesn't seem like he'll be special, he has a low bust potential and the more risk averse teams are intrigued by a guy like him in what is generally viewed as a terrible draft.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: