Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #31
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: ISH Mock Draft - #16 Overall - Chicago Bulls

Terrence Williams, the Bulls are high on him and he can immediately become the athletic 2 they've needed and his versatility could at one point allow him to play the PG, SG, and SF positions.

Versatility is needed in their backcourt because outside of Salmons there isnt another player who effectively can switch positions to alter a lineup on the Bulls.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #32
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I'd personally prefer my Bulls to pick up Terrence Williams with this pick. I like Tyler being a UNC fan and having watched him alot over the years but i feel that Terrence would be able to help this current Bulls roster more so than Tyler. We all know that the Bulls need an inside presence that can score in the post- Tyler isnt that guy. Their other pressing need is a big athletic versatile wing player that can defend. T-Will can definately contribute in alot of areas. He's pretty solid in a variety of areas. Will need to improve his outside touch but being a hardworker i see him improving that. If Tyler is around with the later pick take him there but T-Will is the way to go with their first pick.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #33
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
My vote is for Wayne Ellington. The Ben Gordon situation isn't looking good and Kirk will more than likely get traded. Salmons can move to the starting 2 spot and Ellington can play back-up. I feel that Ellington will be a starting caliber 2 someday, and he has decent size at 6'5". Ellington would be great with Rose and our bigs because he can spread the floor.
You could still grab Ellington at #25.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #34
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like T-will wins!
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #35
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

postmupndunkit is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Rose
Salmons
Thomas
Bosh
Miller

T.Thomas and T. Hansborough would be a SICK defensive line up. They just need a center besides Miller. Can you say NO SECOND CHANCE POINTS given up on defense?

I'd ship Deng, Gordon, and A. Roberson together for the Bosh/A. Parker sign and trade.
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Looks like T-will wins!
Yeah lets end the voting for this pick. I want to get to Oklahoma City at 25
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #37
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll make the 76ers thread
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #38
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
You could still grab Ellington at #25.

Didn't see you say anything when someone voted Taj Gibson. I think Ellington will go before 26 in the draft(could be wrong), and he fits a need anyway. Probably the best shooting 2 available after the lottery and has good enough size. Terrence Williams is a good pick, but his shooting is less than consistent. That's what the Bulls will miss when(if) BG is gone.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #39
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
that vote should not count, cuz it's not a legitimate reason why he thinks t-will needs to be drafted, he's just picking t-will just for spite against other members on ish he had beef with on some immature nonsense.

Get over yourself. I'm not the only one who voted against your precious THans.

Odds are Gordon is gone. TWill is his replacement. THans still has a chance at being taken at 26. Make sense now?

Jeesh you sure give yourself alot of credit.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #40
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Why would the Bulls draft Williams when they just traded his clone in Sefolosha for the 26th pick?

Paxson is a stupid GM but he's not that dumb.

On that list of potential guys, Blair would be the pick.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #41
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Didn't see you say anything when someone voted Taj Gibson. I think Ellington will go before 26 in the draft(could be wrong), and he fits a need anyway. Probably the best shooting 2 available after the lottery and has good enough size. Terrence Williams is a good pick, but his shooting is less than consistent. That's what the Bulls will miss when(if) BG is gone.
That would be because someone had already said it.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #42
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I disagree with the statement that Terrence Williams is Sefolosha's clone. T-Will has alot more offensive skills, is a harder-worker, stronger, and has play-making ability that Sefolosha doesnt posses. And the Sefolosha trade was done before they were seriously considering trading Hinrich and now who knows if BG will return so the Bulls need depth in their backcourt
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
Get over yourself. I'm not the only one who voted against your precious THans.

Odds are Gordon is gone. TWill is his replacement. THans still has a chance at being taken at 26. Make sense now?

Jeesh you sure give yourself alot of credit.

there is nothing wrong with voting for or against thansbrough, but your reason for pickin t-will was a terrible reason, how did you expect me to respond to that? seriously!

and what do you mean get over myself? i don't talk about myself once in that post! lol get over myself? dude what are you talkin about?
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #44
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I disagree with the statement that Terrence Williams is Sefolosha's clone. T-Will has alot more offensive skills, is a harder-worker, stronger, and has play-making ability that Sefolosha doesnt posses. And the Sefolosha trade was done before they were seriously considering trading Hinrich and now who knows if BG will return so the Bulls need depth in their backcourt

i wouldn't say they are clones but they had similar attributes coming into the draft and after predraft workouts, sefolosha was known to have great ball handling skills enough to play the point in spurt moments, great passer, great motor, great defender etc. etc... very similar to the scouting report t-will has, now imagine what sefolosha would have done if he was at louisville last year? i think they would have similar seasons and sefolosha would probably rank as a mid-late 1st round pick just like his "clone" t-will in this years draft, no?

i like t-will but obviously i don't like the pick here but whats done is done.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #45
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

To say that Terrence Williams is a Thabo Sefolosha clone, is one of the worst mis-interpretation of skill and overall talent i have seen in a long while.

T-Will has so much higher a ceiling than Thabo for sure. Terrence is much more athletic than thabo, and MUCH stronger. And i wont lie, the fact that Terrence is from America and has a much harsher back round and upbringing than that of Thabo Sefolosha from Switzerland already tells you how much tougher he is than thabo on the court, if you couldn't already see that from just watching them play in any game.

Thabo's defense has been talked about for a while like it's unreal. Where he is a lengthy defender and decent onball defender, his D is totally overrated. It seems pretty obvious to most that Terrence Williams is an excellent defender who will only get stronger physically in the NBA. He has good length, speed, and very good athleticism to basically be as great a defender he wants to be. Thabo to me after watching him for 3 years straight, is just super lengthy, akward, decent athleticism w/ nowhere high a ceiling as anyone thought or thinks.

Hate me for it if you want but Terrence Williams has the mold of Scottie Pippen all over him!!!

Scottie was a fantastic athlete w/ a less than shaky jumper who could rebound and pass.

Terrence averaged 12.5 ppg 8.6 rpg 5.0 apg 2.3 spg
That statline screams point forward, and it would not be a bad thing to have a taller ballhandler w/ or w/ out Rose on the floor.

Not saying he is gonna be Scottie Pippen. OF course not!!!!!!! But he is a good comparable player to shoot for as a pro right?

I WANT ABOUT 10 PLAYERS AT THE 16TH SPOT. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO IS THERE, AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST CRAP SHOOT DRAFT I HAVE SEEN MAYBE EVER. I WANT THE BULLS TO TRADE UP, BUT IF THEY DRAFT T-WILLIAMS AT 16TH HOW UPSET COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE? THATS A HELL OF A LOT OF POTENTIAL AND TALENT TO GET AT THE 16TH SPOT IN ANY DRAFT!
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: