Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.
Smile Kings v.s Mavs

hey fellow kings fans..... well as you kno the game is today...what are youur expectations of this first preseason game..... what are your views on the starting lineup and rotation..i kno preseason isnt much but it gives us what has bin done in the off season...we get a chance to look at our pieces on the court..
Are you guys are jus as excited as me to see the whole "bibby playing defense" hype???.... imo the only thing i want to see...in a win or a losing effort is how LOREN WOODS plays and john salmons...thats my biggest thing about this game...because they were our "major" pick ups and our major postions that needed to be filled........that and aside of me seeing what coach Musselman and his staff brings to the table

PERSONALLY I CANT WAIT LOL
LETS GO !!! KINGSS
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with you Perezident. I really can't wait for the game. I want to see how Musselman gets the guys to play. BTW is anyone on our board good with photoshop? We need some images for each team to make give this game thread some spice.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
Buck
I airball my layups

Buck has an OK reputation so far

Hey, it's the best time of the year--other sports in full gear and NOW BASKETBALL! I expect the starters (Bibby, Martrin, Artest, Abddur-Rahim or Thomas, Miller,) to play around 20 - 25 min. It would be good to see Woods, Salmons, and Douby play for ten min. All others will share the remainder of the playing time. Yes, Perez, I too am anxious to see Woods and Salmons--hope they play as well as I have been led to believe they can.

Other things I'll be looking for: 1. Whether Musselman is more active and more into the game than our former coach was. 2. Improvement in rebounding. 3. defensive intensity. 4 defending in the paint. 5.Good ball movement.

Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Wow that was awesome. I really enjoyed the way the team played. I love our depth. I loved the way Amundson and Williams played, the deserve a spot on the team IMO. Bibby played amazing and he played good D. Miller played some nice D, only time he was bad was this play that Dampier flat out-out muscled him. He had 2 blocks I think. Shareef played bad D but he gave us some nice buckets and Ron didn't play too well on offense but he played nice D and he passed pretty well.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

If you don't mind a Mavs fan opinion, here's what I noticed about the Kings tonight. I really like the team commitment to defense. It is very noticable. Kevin Martin is going to have a heck of a season. I was already thinking that, but seeing him just confirmed it. If Williams can earn a spot on the roster, I see him being a fan favorite. Young guy busting his butt with room to learn. The offense seems to stall when Artest tries to initiate the offense or holds the ball too long. I know they won the rebound battle tonight, but look who they were going up against. They need more than Kevin going after the boards. Mussleman is on the right path. The Kings are going to be better than a lot of people think.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i like that silent mav. i saw some very good things from sacramento tonight. right away you noticed the defensive intensity that they brought. and my oh my what got into mike bibby? the dude looked completely different out there, but with the same shooting touch. so much for the bad new ball lol. over 110 points, hmmm..i thought artest tried to forcre things, and i didnt like how the offense looked when artest held the ball either. brad miller has his jumpshot back, and i like salmons, he impressed me. its going to be a real battle for the roster spots. howabout all those travelings calls lol
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

williams looked really good, blocked shots, showed effort, if he plays like that then he is going to get a spot on the roster.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

You can see the weight loss on Bibby. In appearance and in the way he moved. Big difference. Salmons is a solid player. Nothing flashy but he doesn't hurt you. I liked him with Philly.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I was impressed with Big Nasty. He was better than I thought, and I think he needs more PT. Douby dissapointed, as did Woods, but I like K-Mart and Miller showed no apprehension when taking shots. He didn't hesistate, and I liked that.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan

I agree with everything you said Silent Mav, except kind of the Artest thing. I think once he gets used to the new ball, and he starts getting used to the offense it'll look better. He has the skills he just needs to learn how to use them I think. Sometimes it does stall though, but he provides so much on D and he is a good passer. When his offensive game is going he's MVP calibre IMO.

Agree about Kevin Martin. He's going to have a heck of a season. He's a much better rebounder than people think, and a lot of people were saying that he was average/below average this offseason and that the kings would be screwed without Bonzi. They didn't think he could rebound well because he's so thin, but he really gets up and leaps for the boards.

You're right about Salmons. A lot of people were saying he's trash and overpaid. Saying he's a bad signing. But really the Kings don't need him to be flashy, they just need him to distribute the ball well and play D. He can play 1 through 3 so he will find his minutes here and there I think. Really he'll be a different player without Iverson IMO.

DEFINITELY agree about Justin Williams. He had 6 points on 3/4 shooting, 6 or 7 boards, 2 blocks and he was a good passer IMO. He was very entertaining to watch and people underrate his offensive game just because he has no J or post moves yet. He got some odd shots inside and he can dunk. He deserves to be on the roster and a lot of fans really want him on the roster. IMO he deserves some minutes. I really enjoyed watching him play.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I think the Kings saw what they had in Martin last season. That's why they didn't lose any sleep and let him walk. Martin doesn't look that good and Bonzi is probably still a King. And good chance they are better off with Martin.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #12
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah i was also dissappointed in douby and woods, mostly douby. big transition for him, even with the new ball. had some turnovers, bad shots, forced things too much on the fast break.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:28 AM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

From what I've seen I'd rather Williams make the team than Woods. I mean I like Woods, but he didn't do anything. Douby just played his first NBA game, and played good D and played well in the 2nd half. Don't get too down on him yet I guess.

I think it's funny how everyone trashed the Kings saying "they're done without Bonzi Wells!" Bonzi's cool and all, but the Kings are going to be fine without him IMO.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
Targus™
Good college starter

no doubt BM, kings are fine w/o wells. but this is game 1 preseason, i wont make decisions on who should or should not make the roster until they're about 4-6 games in.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #15
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb Really liked the show for fury

Very good show put on by Williams and Amundson. I didn't see them in the summerleague much so I didn't know what to expect. I liked what I saw tonight from our Kings!
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: