Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sasha didn't score 1 point in the finals

Who would have guessed? Not that he played a ton of minutes (Shannon Brown and DJ Mbenga didn't score either, but they played less games/minutes) but he's still a player whose job is basically scoring and he didn't do it once.

There were a lot of disappearing acts in the post season for us, but not ONE point in the finals was noteworthy, and apparently threadworthy, to me.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sasha didn't score 1 point in the finals

It is a noteworthy thread don't worry. I wont delete it.

Sasha though has always been a good defender and he did his best at all times. Thats why I dont mind keeping him. Who knows, maybe the embarrasment of being one of the worst performers this year will light a fire under this guy who is under contract for only 2 more years.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man that contract of his looks really ugly and untradable right about now...
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Weird thing is did you hear that kid shout "sasha you suck" during the parade? I know he was terrible but it seems he is hated by quite a few in L.A.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Man that contract of his looks really ugly and untradable right about now...

Actually I beg to differ. Other teams love jump shooters. His contract has only 2 years left on it at only 5 mill. Teams that need instant offense would be interested in him. Not to mention he can defend.

We all know what Sasha is capable of. I believe he just got off on the wrong foot this year. I believe next year we will see a better Sasha. Someone who shoots 38% from 3 and 40+% from overall hopefully.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Sasha though has always been a good defender and he did his best at all times.

Eh?
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
Eh?

You don't have to agree but I cannot remember one time where sasha actually gave up.

Im not calling him bruce bowen but I am saying he is very active at all times whether he is successful or not.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a Sasha fan, but I've lost all faith in his game. I cant believe how bad he shot all year even when he was wide open. I hoped he could regain something in the playoffs, but nothing. I hope its just a bad year.

I have to disagree with you Lakerfreak about his defense. It was a lot worse this season and he continuted to come in near the end of quarters when the Lakers where out of fouls and commit stupid fouls well above the 3 point line.

He's an annoyance, not a good defender in my opinion. I think I'd rank him an average defender at best, but most likely just a notch below.

Fact is, if he cant hit shots, he's virtually useless to the team and that is why his minutes disappeared. If he was a good enough defender I think he would have gotten more playing time despite the poor shooting.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
I'm a Sasha fan, but I've lost all faith in his game. I cant believe how bad he shot all year even when he was wide open. I hoped he could regain something in the playoffs, but nothing. I hope its just a bad year.

I have to disagree with you Lakerfreak about his defense. It was a lot worse this season and he continuted to come in near the end of quarters when the Lakers where out of fouls and commit stupid fouls well above the 3 point line.

He's an annoyance, not a good defender in my opinion. I think I'd rank him an average defender at best, but most likely just a notch below.

Fact is, if he cant hit shots, he's virtually useless to the team and that is why his minutes disappeared. If he was a good enough defender I think he would have gotten more playing time despite the poor shooting.

I agree he is useless without the instant offense, but I base a lot of my ideas on what Phil says and he mentioned that sasha plays hard, but stupid. I've always been easily forgiving on players who play hard even if they're having terrible stretches.

Kwame for example struggled a lot, but I didnt mind him because he was always trying to improve and always keeping his body strong and in shape.

Smush on the other hand was someone who I wanted to do well but he did absolutely nothing to improve his game, and actually regressed in the second year.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree he is useless without the instant offense, but I base a lot of my ideas on what Phil says and he mentioned that sasha plays hard, but stupid. I've always been easily forgiving on players who play hard even if they're having terrible stretches.

Kwame for example struggled a lot, but I didnt mind him because he was always trying to improve and always keeping his body strong and in shape.

Smush on the other hand was someone who I wanted to do well but he did absolutely nothing to improve his game, and actually regressed in the second year.

OMG Kwame nearly killed me literally. I think I had about 100 heart attacks watching him brick point blank shots over and over again....and then there where those hands....(has another heart attack).

I was a Smush fan before his attitude got in the way What a waste of talent in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing up some painful memories lol!

I feel you on the effort, but there is good effort and there is stupid effort like you mention. I cant handle stupid effort.

Last edited by alexthegod : 06-18-2009 at 02:23 PM.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
OMG Kwame nearly killed me literally. I think I had about 100 heart attacks watching him brick point blank shots over and over again....and then there where those hands....(has another heart attack).

I was a Smush fan before his attitude got in the way What a waste of talent in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing up some painful memories lol!

I feel you on the effort, but there is good effort and there is stupid effort like you mention. I cant handle stupid effort.

haha..

Hey man!

I liked Kwame! I always pulled for him cuz it looked like he tried hard! and i miss R.TURIAF! He would have went crazy after us winning us the title..

Sasha, is idkk.. A good guy and all, but he tries very hard. very hard.

I think he will get it together, he's just getting used to ppl actually respecting him and defending him now. I say keep em.

If it's a choice between him and Doom. Forget it. Dude is gone. haha
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

He's really a machine - not human. When it's off calibration, it really is off calibration even for the entire season :)
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sasha is exactly who he was prior to last season. A shooter who couldn't make it during the regular games. I don't know what it is, I know he was hurt at the beginning of the year but that doesn't explain his atrocious shooting woes throughout the year.

He isn't untradeable. His contract isn't horrible. Overpaid by a couple mil but pretty short in length. He just needs to hit the gym and hit the weights imo. Learn to be more than a one dimensional player. He needs to tone it down defensively at times, stand your ground rather than just get in his face. He gets pushed around a lot and he hasnt gotten much bigger since entering the league
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What I see is that he was rushing EVERY shot..

I think his problem is his inability to be at peace with himself as he shoots... he needs to slow his roll....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
What I see is that he was rushing EVERY shot..

I think his problem is his inability to be at peace with himself as he shoots... he needs to slow his roll....

He knows he is getting limited minutes, so I think he feels the need to rush things with his jumper. When his minutes were secure last year, he was shooting the ball slower and playing within himself. Now it looks like he feels he needs to do something before his 2 minutes are up
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: