Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sasha didn't score 1 point in the finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He knows he is getting limited minutes, so I think he feels the need to rush things with his jumper. When his minutes were secure last year, he was shooting the ball slower and playing within himself. Now it looks like he feels he needs to do something before his 2 minutes are up

I completely agree, because that was the main reason at times that would get him out of the game.. he would rush himself, make a bonehead move.. and then go back to the bench.

It seems like his worry became his own worst enemy...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #17
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

I'm glad to see that some people finally agree with me regarding Sasha. Let's hope he gets traded so that we can have an even stronger team.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
I'm glad to see that some people finally agree with me regarding Sasha. Let's hope he gets traded so that we can have an even stronger team.

Propose a deal that the other team would be willing to do that would also make us stronger
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
mr sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Propose a deal that the other team would be willing to do that would also make us stronger

I honestly can't think of any team that would want Sasha but I think the sooner we free up his salary the better. I think we can agree that he doesn't add anything to this team.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #20
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
I honestly can't think of any team that would want Sasha but I think the sooner we free up his salary the better. I think we can agree that he doesn't add anything to this team.

I think Sasha does add to the team, even if he is currently struggling. Also, your wanting to 'free up his salary' the sooner the better, is simply wishful thinking.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, we at least know he is capable shooting at a decent %, lets just hope next year is one of those years bc we serioulsy need him to hit his open jumpers
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #22
mr sax

Yes. You're probably right that it's wishful thinking. It would be great if we could roll Sasha's salary into Ariza's so another team doesn't seduce him away from us. Other teams are bound to make some good changes in the off season and we want to do everything we can do to protect the championship.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:20 AM   #23
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have to give sasha a little bit of credit. He did not stop with the crazy irritating in your face D while waiting for his shot to start falling. Not always 100% effective D, but he did bring it.

I think after a while of not regaining his form, he starts gripping it and thinking too much. Someone needs to give him Bull Durham to watch and maybe a garter or something.

"Don't think meat, it can only hurt the team"
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:29 AM   #24
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
I have to give sasha a little bit of credit. He did not stop with the crazy irritating in your face D while waiting for his shot to start falling. Not always 100% effective D, but he did bring it.

I think after a while of not regaining his form, he starts gripping it and thinking too much. Someone needs to give him Bull Durham to watch and maybe a garter or something.

"Don't think meat, it can only hurt the team"

I abhor your avatar...
Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 AM   #25
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sasha needs to relax when he's playing basketball. He's one of the few players in the NBA who would be better off smoking marijuana/drinking before the game... okay.. not really... but he needs to calm the **** down.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #26
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
I'm a Sasha fan, but I've lost all faith in his game. I cant believe how bad he shot all year even when he was wide open. I hoped he could regain something in the playoffs, but nothing. I hope its just a bad year.

I have to disagree with you Lakerfreak about his defense. It was a lot worse this season and he continuted to come in near the end of quarters when the Lakers where out of fouls and commit stupid fouls well above the 3 point line.

He's an annoyance, not a good defender in my opinion. I think I'd rank him an average defender at best, but most likely just a notch below.

Fact is, if he cant hit shots, he's virtually useless to the team and that is why his minutes disappeared. If he was a good enough defender I think he would have gotten more playing time despite the poor shooting.

I completely agree with you. I get tired of people justifying bad play because they like a player. Sasha is a fan favorite because he hustles and plays with heart but when you dont have the right talent or attributes to go with that hustle and heart you just end up being a scrub. And that is what Vujacis is, a scrub.

I think Shannon Brown will take his job next year, and we will be a better team for it. If you really think about it, Sasha has had one truly outstanding game in his career and that was the 20 point outburst against Boston last year. We saw absolutely none of that this entire season despite his many opportunities he was given.

He will definitely move down the rotation next year.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Trevors return really equaled the end of Sasha's playing time. The only reason he played in the finals last year is because Trevor was hurt.

I feel sorry for him though and he really did try his hardest. He had some good games for us this year too. At least he shut down Von Wafer in the Houston series.

I hope he can come back next year and really have an impact.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: