Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default 2009-2010 Line up

PG: Felton, Augustin
SG: Bell, Henderson
SF: Wallace, Vlad
PF: Diaw, Brown
C: Okafor, Diop

I assume we try to move Nazr and/or Vlad and possibly re-sign May for the vet minimum. We need to target a decent 3 in free agency to back up Gerald.

Not an All-Star line up but it should make the playoffs.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: 2009-2010 Line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
PG: Felton, Augustin
SG: Bell, Henderson
SF: Wallace, Vlad
PF: Diaw, Brown
C: Okafor, Diop

I assume we try to move Nazr and/or Vlad and possibly re-sign May for the vet minimum. We need to target a decent 3 in free agency to back up Gerald.

Not an All-Star line up but it should make the playoffs.

Okay I have some thoughts/questions. At C we have Mek and Diop both of whom get into foul trouble pretty easily. Our back-ups are Nazr and Ajinca. Not much there to feel confident about. Do we try to dump both players to get a more reliable third-string C or do we wait until training camp before making any decisions?

Next. THB--you did make a comment about moving Vlad and I agree because although he seemed like a good deal initially, the last several weeks of the season he couldn't hold on to the ball. So at least in my eyes he is now a liability. So we definitely have a problem at the 3.

Do we need Dontell Jefferson solely as a back-up to Felts and Augustin or can Jefferson be groomed to play multiple positions? I think we really need versatile players like that which is why I hope to heavens that we re-sign Juwan Howard.

Finally--we are left with May and Singletary. What do we do with them? Now if May shapes up then he could be a good back-up at the 4. Otherwise you have Diaw trying to carry the entire show and we know that he, too, gets injured.

The upshot is that we have some players who will just take up roster space and we can't get to the playoffs like that. So I'm really anxious to see what MJ and LB can come up with to give us the kind of depth that we need in order to get out of the cellar. (I have no problem trading Mek if we can get someone with more passion and consistency. With Mek you never know who's going to show up at game time.)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Here's where we stand now. We have Sean Singletery, Dontell Jefferson, Cartier Martin, Alexis Ajinca and Juwon Howard. I assume we won't keep Singletery or Jefferson. Martin is probably going to be our 3rd string PG/SG. I expect Howard will retire, though we would be a solid backup big for cheap. As for Ajinca, I expect they'll give him a chance in the summer league and training camp, but I doubt they'll keep him on the roster and keep him in the D-League.

If we make a deal, the only expendable players would be Vlad and Nazr, seeing as those are the two we're trying to move the most. Unfortunately, a lot of teams aren't going to want to take on either of those contracts because they'll be stocking up for the 2010 free agency. The only takers would be teams like Memphis, Minnesota, Sacramento and OKC, who are in total rebuilding mode and don't have the markets or attractiveness to lure one of the big name FA's in 2010.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Here's where we stand now. We have Sean Singletery, Dontell Jefferson, Cartier Martin, Alexis Ajinca and Juwon Howard. I assume we won't keep Singletery or Jefferson. Martin is probably going to be our 3rd string PG/SG. I expect Howard will retire, though we would be a solid backup big for cheap. As for Ajinca, I expect they'll give him a chance in the summer league and training camp, but I doubt they'll keep him on the roster and keep him in the D-League.

If we make a deal, the only expendable players would be Vlad and Nazr, seeing as those are the two we're trying to move the most. Unfortunately, a lot of teams aren't going to want to take on either of those contracts because they'll be stocking up for the 2010 free agency. The only takers would be teams like Memphis, Minnesota, Sacramento and OKC, who are in total rebuilding mode and don't have the markets or attractiveness to lure one of the big name FA's in 2010.

I thought we're not going to summer league this offseason. Well, a measure to save little money might ruin the future.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
I thought we're not going to summer league this offseason. Well, a measure to save little money might ruin the future.

I'm thinking that I heard the same thing about no summer league for us but we need some way to weed out some of the players before practice gets serious
BTW--love your new avatar.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I read Cartier Martin's twitter than he was preparing for summer league, so I don't know. I hadn't heard anything about not doing summer league.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
catsandheels
I brick open layups

if we can make atleast 1 major trade before the season starts or during the beggining then i think we should be alright
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandheels
if we can make atleast 1 major trade before the season starts or during the beggining then i think we should be alright

I'm cool witih that as long as it doesn't involve Crash.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Agreed, include Dj, Raja, and Diaw in that and I'm good.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
catsandheels
I brick open layups

has any one heard any news on felton yet ik they made him a restricted one
Old 06-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

That's it so far. They extended the qualifying offer to him. Not sure if he's signed it yet or not. I assume he will.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
That's it so far. They extended the qualifying offer to him. Not sure if he's signed it yet or not. I assume he will.

Sorry I don't remember where I read it but Felts was quoted as saying that his plan all along has been to first sign a qualifying offer and then secondly to work toward signing an extended contract. I think he'll do what he can to stay with the bobcats.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Sorry I don't remember where I read it but Felts was quoted as saying that his plan all along has been to first sign a qualifying offer and then secondly to work toward signing an extended contract. I think he'll do what he can to stay with the bobcats.

Raymond brings it every night. He's never gonna be a great shooter, but keep surrounding him with good players and he'll continue to improve. He and Crash are the Bobcats.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
catsandheels
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady

i saw that to i do believe he will try and stay with the bobcats
Old 06-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Another article in the Observer about how management wants to sign Felton to a contract.

BTW, an it's a little technicality...he'll only sign the qualifying offer IF we can't get a contract or a S&T worked out, and we don't want it to come to that. When he signs that offer sheet he's guaranteed to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season and we'd most likely lose him for nothing.

Assuming we're going to sign him it's just a technicality, basically saying we want to retain his rights.

Did you guys read we offered Mek & Nazr for the 2nd overall pick but was turned down by Memphis?
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: