Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH Mock Draft - #17 Overall - Philadelphia 76ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Something else I thought of to differentiate Lawson/Maynor. If Maynor was the pg on that UNC championship team would it have changed their success? It seems like they would have had just as good a chance at a title. And would it have affected Maynor's draft stock at all? Chances are it would have raised it or kept it the same, doubtful it would have been lower.

But if Lawson had played PG for VCU would VCU have had the success they did? And would he be projected to go nearly as high as he is now? I just can't see it. Playing on a great team is a great way to boost your stock and Maynor has found a way around that wall. Idk if Lawson could have done the same if put in that situation.
1. Lawson is the perfect PG for the way UNC plays. I believe that UNC would not be champs if they didn't have him.
2.Maynor is Maynor, just look at the teams of the top players. They range from VCU and Davidson, to UCLA and UNC. I don't believe a team really affects anything other than exposrue on the TV.
3.On the flip side, I think being in VCU would affect him. I didn't see them play, but I'm sure they didn't score 90-100 regularly like UNC.

I don't think playing on a great team really affects you, I think it is the style. Lawson in UCLA would be a problem. Levance Fields on UNC would be a problem.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #17
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Something else I thought of to differentiate Lawson/Maynor. If Maynor was the pg on that UNC championship team would it have changed their success? It seems like they would have had just as good a chance at a title. And would it have affected Maynor's draft stock at all? Chances are it would have raised it or kept it the same, doubtful it would have been lower.

But if Lawson had played PG for VCU would VCU have had the success they did? And would he be projected to go nearly as high as he is now? I just can't see it. Playing on a great team is a great way to boost your stock and Maynor has found a way around that wall. Idk if Lawson could have done the same if put in that situation.
Thats a great post and your absolutely right. I don't think Lawson could ever put a team on the map to get into the tournament like Maynor did.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
1. Lawson is the perfect PG for the way UNC plays. I believe that UNC would not be champs if they didn't have him.
2.Maynor is Maynor, just look at the teams of the top players. They range from VCU and Davidson, to UCLA and UNC. I don't believe a team really affects anything other than exposrue on the TV.
3.On the flip side, I think being in VCU would affect him. I didn't see them play, but I'm sure they didn't score 90-100 regularly like UNC.

I don't think playing on a great team really affects you, I think it is the style. Lawson in UCLA would be a problem. Levance Fields on UNC would be a problem.
Idk if they would have been champs or not but they surely would have been contenders just because of the talent level. But that's kind of my point. Maynor's stock would be the same no matter what team he played for whether its UNC, VCU, or whoever because he's a great PG. But I think Lawson's production was boosted by playing for such a great team. Maynor is a 1st rounder no matter where he's coming from, but would Lawson be a first rounder if he had played elsewhere?

Remember Lawson PULLED OUT of last year's draft because he couldn't get a first round guarentee. Then he wins a championship and is viewed as a middle 1st round pick in a deeper PG pool. I think Lawson's NBA success will depend on the situation he's put in but Maynor will be successful in any situation.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #19
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Sixers just scheduled a workout with BJ Mullens for tomorrow morning

Lol that sucks for you guys..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: