Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #1666
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT: What are you listening to?

Gang Starr - Royalty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOw4J1pFN8

Yes, I have diverse musical tastes
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #1667
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Christian Scott might be my favorite current musician.

Here's an interview from okayplayer that was posted yesterday:
http://revivalist.okayplayer.com/201...ristian-scott/

Really interesting guy and I can't wait for his next album.

Just notice the Ninety Miles Project is available on iTunes. I'll have to DL it if I can't find a physical copy in stores.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 11-29-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #1668
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6JN8aNp9yk

http://vimeo.com/31652828
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #1669
ZeN
24,300...2K To Go

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Atlas Sound - Parallax

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #1670
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Gang Starr - Royalty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOw4J1pFN8

Yes, I have diverse musical tastes

That's a beautiful jam. I'm assuming you have or have heard the entire Moment of Truth album?

I would rank Royalty somewhere in the middle of all the tracks off the album.

Above the Clouds is the best (IMO), followed by Moment of Truth title track, ... damn after that, it gets pretty thick and competitive. The one song I really, REALLY like that is commonly underrated is Robinhood Theory.

I've had debates with folks who say that's one of the album's weaker songs, and isn't deserving of being 'so early' in the track-listing. IMO, the song after that, Work is doo doo. Probably the only weak song on the entire album. Robinhood Theory thumps!

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #1671
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #1672
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

You're quite cultured in music tastes Jailblazers. Do you like a bit of everything? Would that be a fair assessment?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #1673
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
You're quite cultured in music tastes Jailblazers. Do you like a bit of everything? Would that be a fair assessment?

Yeah, I definitely like a bit of everything. I usually move around from genre to genre depending on my mood and where I'm at in my life.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #1674
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #1675
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhxQ...el_video_title
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #1676
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely like a bit of everything. I usually move around from genre to genre depending on my mood and where I'm at in my life.

I've always been a hip-hop head, and also very much into R&B. I do have SOME knowledge in other genres, but very limited. I've tried to figure it out. Figure out WHY I can't get into other brands, sounds, vibes of other sounds outside of rap.

Why is that you think? I'm asking you because you're so open minded with other genres. What is your personal favorite genre, and say in a decade or so, what will be your favorite, or looking back, what would have been your favorite (considering there may be a whole new genre in the future)?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #1677
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
I've always been a hip-hop head, and also very much into R&B. I do have SOME knowledge in other genres, but very limited. I've tried to figure it out. Figure out WHY I can't get into other brands, sounds, vibes of other sounds outside of rap.

Why is that you think? I'm asking you because you're so open minded with other genres. What is your personal favorite genre, and say in a decade or so, what will be your favorite, or looking back, what would have been your favorite (considering there may be a whole new genre in the future)?

I think it has a lot to do with the music I was surrounded by growing up. My dad listen to Springsteen, my brother listened to Nirvana, my aunt listened to Miles Davis, etc. I connect to each genre in different ways and I think that's a big reason why. I'm not sure if I could ever pick a favorite genre.

I know you've posted about growing up in a more urban background than I did and that might be why you have a greater attachment to hip hop than I do.

With music its all about an emotional connection and different people get attached to certain genres and certain styles.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #1678
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That's a beautiful jam. I'm assuming you have or have heard the entire Moment of Truth album?

I would rank Royalty somewhere in the middle of all the tracks off the album.

Above the Clouds is the best (IMO), followed by Moment of Truth title track, ... damn after that, it gets pretty thick and competitive. The one song I really, REALLY like that is commonly underrated is Robinhood Theory.

I've had debates with folks who say that's one of the album's weaker songs, and isn't deserving of being 'so early' in the track-listing. IMO, the song after that, Work is doo doo. Probably the only weak song on the entire album. Robinhood Theory thumps!

by far one of the best hip-hop albums of all time. the whole album is flawless you don't have to skip any tracks.
some of my favorites off that album:
make em pay(krumbsnatcher destroys his verse)
next time
jfk 2 lax
my advice to you
what im here for
the mall
the militia
shit even the eulogy song is good, now i gotta go listen beginning to end(not that i'm upset about it).
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #1679
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
I think it has a lot to do with the music I was surrounded by growing up. My dad listen to Springsteen, my brother listened to Nirvana, my aunt listened to Miles Davis, etc. I connect to each genre in different ways and I think that's a big reason why. I'm not sure if I could ever pick a favorite genre.

I know you've posted about growing up in a more urban background than I did and that might be why you have a greater attachment to hip hop than I do.

With music its all about an emotional connection and different people get attached to certain genres and certain styles.

Well said, and makes good sense.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #1680
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
by far one of the best hip-hop albums of all time. the whole album is flawless you don't have to skip any tracks.
some of my favorites off that album:
make em pay(krumbsnatcher destroys his verse)
next time
jfk 2 lax
my advice to you
what im here for
the mall
the militia
shit even the eulogy song is good, now i gotta go listen beginning to end(not that i'm upset about it).

Moment of Truth, a true gem in a year when rap music made a change for the worst (going way too mainstream, speaking of 1998). To me, the best rap album of that year. Still sounds ultramodern to me, way ahead of its time. You could put any other emcee over Primo's beats, and not a single rap artist would make the album better than what Guru dropped, verbally/lyrically.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: