Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #1366
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: What are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebirdman
found this via an article on emusic.com about a genre called post rock which i'd never heard of.

Post-rock is one of my favorite genres. If you like them check out God is an Astronaut(link), and also Explosions in the Sky(link). Two of my faves.

Mice Parade is also often tagged as post-rock, but they're quite a bit lighter sounding than the other two.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #1367
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

explosions in the sky rule. i have friday night lights (the movie) to thank for that discovery
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #1368
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4_yaHfPbtI&feature=fvst

ti's new album is sick
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #1369
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Post-rock is one of my favorite genres. If you like them check out God is an Astronaut(link), and also Explosions in the Sky(link). Two of my faves.

Mice Parade is also often tagged as post-rock, but they're quite a bit lighter sounding than the other two.

really liked the god is an astronaut track, also apparently mogwai are a post rock band, and they've been on my list for ages. i 'll give both a try.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #1370
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
explosions in the sky rule. i have friday night lights (the movie) to thank for that discovery

Yes they do. For me, it was the show, not the movie, but yeah, def good.

As for my song(s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0085_FUpics (Jimmy Eat World- 23)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozeodc8b2es (Patrick Park- Something Pretty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNQjsgQNP0 (AC/DC- If You Want Blood)

Not on YouTube, but Ryan Adams- Now That You're Gone (7 inch version).

Last edited by Juges8932 : 12-04-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #1371
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Yes they do. For me, it was the show, not the movie, but yeah, def good.

As for my song(s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0085_FUpics (Jimmy Eat World- 23)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozeodc8b2es (Patrick Park- Something Pretty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNQjsgQNP0 (AC/DC- If You Want Blood)

Not on YouTube, but Ryan Adams- Now That You're Gone (7 inch version).

some decent picks there. i used to be a huge jimmy eat world fan, clarity mostly. that song is definitely better than the garbage they've put out for their last 2 albums. oh well, indie band to millions of bucks, and they're all married and happy now. can't blame them.

and that ryan adams song is great. i haven't heard the 7 inch version, but cold roses is a favorite of mine. he's the best songwriter of the last decade. even though the last couple albums have been generic. he's happily married and made a bunch of money. can't blame him. mmm mandy moore
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #1372
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I also owe Friday Night Lights for introduucing me to Explosions in the Sky. I still get chills listening to Your Hand in Mine.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1373
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
some decent picks there. i used to be a huge jimmy eat world fan, clarity mostly. that song is definitely better than the garbage they've put out for their last 2 albums. oh well, indie band to millions of bucks, and they're all married and happy now. can't blame them.

and that ryan adams song is great. i haven't heard the 7 inch version, but cold roses is a favorite of mine. he's the best songwriter of the last decade. even though the last couple albums have been generic. he's happily married and made a bunch of money. can't blame him. mmm mandy moore

Clarity is a pretty good album. My favorite is Futures, though. I think it is boss. '23' is my favorite song (has been the last 3 years). Yeah, definitely not. I'd do the same, lol.

I'm not (as much of, or even close to,) a fan of the regular version, lol. I think the (7 inch) version sounds ten times better and definitely more emotion as opposed to the Cold Roses version. The pacing of his delivery on lines is much better IMO. He allows the lyrics to actually hit you and linger for a second. In Cold Roses, they seem to be slightly rushed out and lack the effect of the 7 inch version. Also, there are slight chords that are country in the Cold Roses version, and me no likey the (majority) of country (that I've heard). It's still good, but it's one of my favorite songs that I listen to a lot, so I am picky about it being the 7 inch version, haha. Regardless, yeah, he is really good and he didn't do too bad for himself, lol (Mandy and Money, haha).
Old 12-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #1374
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I also owe Friday Night Lights for introduucing me to Explosions in the Sky. I still get chills listening to Your Hand in Mine.

Yep, same here. That one and 'The Only Moment We Were Alone' are two great ones by them, IMO. I'm definitely more of a music guy (than the actual lyrics) and how the singer conveys emotion with their voice (as an instrument), so I really like that about EitS (that they do so much with just instruments in making you feel what they are trying to describe with music).
Old 12-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #1375
AlFarouqAminu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AlFarouqAminu has no real reputation yet.

Oasis
AlFarouqAminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #1376
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #1377
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mos Def - Estatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8Qo...eature=related

^Can't get enough of this song
Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #1378
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Mos Def - Estatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8Qo...eature=related

^Can't get enough of this song
amaaaazing album
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #1379
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yeah, it is. Every song is good, no filler songs.

I'm listening to Arcade Fire - The Suburbs now. It's the first time I've listened to an Arcade Fire album and I now see what all the hype is about.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #1380
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

The GOAT.
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: