Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #16
Shoo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Shoo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Don't you find these *******s annoying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
I hate when your practicing alone and some scrubs ask you if you want to run with them. happens to me at my gym and just annoys me because i want to say no and practice but they end up running with out me and take over the court..ALWAYS happens to me

I don't find anything wrong with that. Why should 1 guy practicing by himself prevent 10 guys from playing a full-court game?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #17
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Basketball is a team sport. An intense, solo practice session is great, but playing against real competition (even if they're worse than you are; live bodies) is the way to go.

You might make some new friends too, you antisocial pricks. :)
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
Mighty

Mighty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You might make some new friends too, you antisocial pricks. :)

I agree with you on that. If a few people come up and politely ask for maybe like a game or something or to just shoot the ball around I usually agree. It's just those **** that automatically think they're better than you and challenge you 1 on 1 or something.
Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #19
GoSpursGo1984
Great young streetballer

GoSpursGo1984 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo
I don't find anything wrong with that. Why should 1 guy practicing by himself prevent 10 guys from playing a full-court game?

Maybe because you have the same right to be on the court as they do. Why can't they play half court or find another court?
GoSpursGo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #20
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
They take the ball after 2 shots, regardless of whether it's a make or miss. Another thing that sucks is that they're not even from this village most of the time.

Da ****?

How about you tell them to stop, and **** off. You just let people take your basketball, then whine about it on the internet? Tell them this to their face, not to us.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #21
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

the other day some senior citizens asked me to hoop w/ them, I declined and they got mad at me. i had 30 mins to kill and i wanted to work on a few things. they were literally senior citizens, youngest one prolly 55.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #22
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Da ****?

How about you tell them to stop, and **** off. You just let people take your basketball, then whine about it on the internet? Tell them this to their face, not to us.

I do. They don't listen. And who the heck is gon' listen to anyone almost half their age anyway? At least I'm just owning them now whenever I play pick-up with them.

EDIT: Damn, I started this thread?!?!!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I'm just shooting around and a guy asks to fire away, I've got no issues whatsoever. Sometimes I wish I could just keep shooting alone, but it doesn't kill me to let other people shoot as well. Plus, it really is an alright way to get to know some people at your park, gym or court.

Further, I usually accept one-on-one invitations as an opportunity to work on my game.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #24
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
If I'm just shooting around and a guy asks to fire away, I've got no issues whatsoever. Sometimes I wish I could just keep shooting alone, but it doesn't kill me to let other people shoot as well. Plus, it really is an alright way to get to know some people at your park, gym or court.

Further, I usually accept one-on-one invitations as an opportunity to work on my game.

Yeah, asks. If they ask, at least it shows they're respectful. If they just butt in like they own the court, which they definitely don't, then that just shows me that they're rude assholes who I shouldn't really bother hanging with.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #25
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

its better to have somebody shoot with you, just take turns having one grab all the rebounds and pass them to you, its better than chasing down all the balls, you can work on your form better that way because youre shooting more frequently.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #26
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

play horse, u win they leave
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

I know everyone who could come where i play at summer(at non summer time i am playing in gym with my team), lots of different dudes coming, but never a problem. Don't have this problem.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has an OK reputation so far

Yeah man I feel you when a scrub comes in can't even maintain a dribble let alone shoot and thinks he's lookin pretty good and you spend half your time waitin for that dude to get a shot in.
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 AM   #29
aintn0busta

aintn0busta has an OK reputation so far

funnily enough i've never really experienced this where i live. its pretty common to find people at almost every court so my experience is that people tend to either bring their own ball or ask first if they can shoot with you.

however, there is this one little kid who seems to be a regular at one of the courts i play. this kid is no more than 8 or 10 years old and he always just walks in and starts to shoot my ball. it doesnt matter if im with 3 or 4 people, as soon as he shows up, he just waltzes right on in and starts shooting around. what i find irritating is he's always challenging people to play 21, horse, etc. with him. whenever he shows up, my friends and i usually just keep the ball away from him til he leaves.

don't get me wrong, if he asks i would be more than glad to shoot around.
aintn0busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #30
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation

I usually just tell people that the ball I'm shooting with is mine and if they want, they can get a ball from the front desk.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: