Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 05-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft Time

Unless a miracle happens, the Warriors look to be holding onto that 7th pick. One rookie isn't going to make a difference unless they get themselves into the top 3 so I'd explore the options of either trading this pick for a veteran player or trading down to grab an additional pick. I don't like any of the point guards except Rubio in the lottery.

Best Case Scenario:

Jamal Crawford says F Nelson and decides not to opt out. The Warriors then package Crawford, Wright and the 7th pick to the Bulls for Hinrich along with the 16th and 26th picks.

16th Pick - Patrick Patterson - 6'8 PF Kentucky

A true inside presence. A guy thats going to work hard in the paint and has a nice post up game. A good rebounder and shot blocker. Very efficient player. NBA Comparison: Brandon Bass

26th Pick - Darren Collison- 6'1 PG UCLA

Line up:

PG Hinrich - Collison
SG Ellis - Belinelli - Morrow
SF Jackson - Maggette - Azubuike
PF Randolph - Patterson
C Biedrins - Turiaf
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Draft Time

I say draft Clark and work on developing randolph and clark together. They both can be combo forwards who can grow together and with Biedrins that'll be a lot of length. If Derozan is still there I want him but he might take a while to groom.
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
GSW1984
I airball my layups

GSW1984 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprizzle14
I say draft Clark and work on developing randolph and clark together. They both can be combo forwards who can grow together and with Biedrins that'll be a lot of length. If Derozan is still there I want him but he might take a while to groom.

No more Swingmen or Combo Guards please. I would take Earl Clark or pick up a true point guard like Brandon Jennings.
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW1984
No more Swingmen or Combo Guards please. I would take Earl Clark or pick up a true point guard like Brandon Jennings.

nbadraft.net has the dubs getting Jennings right now.

i think the Warriors need to send off Corey Magette as well, he slows down the game waaaaay to much.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Warriors need to try to move Crawford and Maggette this offseason.

You could try to trade up by packaging one of these guys or maybe one of the many young swingmen Golden State has.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i dont think there is a guy in the draft that can make us better

i hear brandon jennings is way too turnover prone but i guess he is still young and can learn

rick rubio would be someone i would like the warriors get although thats a very small chance of happening

i wouldnt get earl clark people say hes a lamar odom kind of player,guess what we already have a better version.....Anthony Randolph plus we have Brandon Wright so whos gonna get all those minutes

we need a true point gaurd that can defend and pass anything else is just a plus
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm hoping to get Brandon Jennings, i think he has alot of potentiol if he can keep his turnovers down. and would fit with the rest of the team. Hinrich would be tough to get unless we get a sign i trade i think?

Last edited by BayAreaSportz : 05-18-2009 at 03:47 PM.
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
i'm hoping to get Brandon Jennings, i think he has alot of potentiol if he can keep his turnovers down. and would fit with the rest of the team. Hinrich would be tough to get unless we get a sign i trade i think?

If the Warriors go for a point, then I hope its not Jennings. Lets face it..a Jennings and Ellis backcourt will be horrific to watch. Both aren't strong enough to defend their position and both are undersized. I'd much rather take Jonny Flynn than Jennings. Flynn is more proven and stronger than Jennings. If Flynn gets drafted after pick 10, then he'll be a steal. He's a Chris Paul type player.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
If the Warriors go for a point, then I hope its not Jennings. Lets face it..a Jennings and Ellis backcourt will be horrific to watch. Both aren't strong enough to defend their position and both are undersized. I'd much rather take Jonny Flynn than Jennings. Flynn is more proven and stronger than Jennings. If Flynn gets drafted after pick 10, then he'll be a steal. He's a Chris Paul type player.
what do you think of Ty Lawson he's one of the best facilitators i've seen in this draft
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
what do you think of Ty Lawson he's one of the best facilitators i've seen in this draft

I like Ty Lawson, but not that early in the draft. I'd still take Flynn before Lawson. Teams really have to be cautious when selecting a point guard in the lottery and expecting them be a game changer. Only the obvious talents at that position should go that early. Last year, Bayless and Westbrook were drafted early as point guards. Bayless was put on the trading block by Portland. Conley and Law were the only two points drafted in the lottery 2 years ago. What have they done so far? Then you have those can't misses like Chris Paul and Deron Williams who went 3 and 4 in 2005 while Raymond Felton hasn't really done much thus far while being picked right after those two. Its a hit or miss with point guards and if this team goes in drafting for need instead of the best available talent, then they're going to get into trouble. They drafted Adonal Foyle and Todd Fuller out of need while passing up McGrady and Kobe Bryant. They drafted Ike Diogu 9th overall when he was slated as someone who would of been drafted in the 20s, because of need while the best available player available was Danny Granger (whom alot of expert had the Warriors drafting).

I don't think there is a sure thing at the point guard position this season besides Rubio.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

how about we somehow trade down or something like that and get dejuan blair hes a beast and brings a toughness to the team that we need he might not end up being a all star but i bet he will contribute off the bench for many teams for years to come
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what about trade Crawford, Maggette, Wright for Bosh?

Ellis
#7 pick
Jackson
Bosh
Biedrins
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

If Don Nelson has anything to do with the draft and according to what I been reading the last 3 days he is going to draft another swingman.

When will the madness stop?

He like Chase Budinger, Demar Derozan, or Terrence Williams.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
If Don Nelson has anything to do with the draft and according to what I been reading the last 3 days he is going to draft another swingman.

When will the madness stop?

He like Chase Budinger, Demar Derozan, or Terrence Williams.
thing is the best available player at his pick will likely be a unpolished PG like Jennings or Tyreke Evans and Nellie doesn't like to play young players so he won't pick them. I bet he selects Demar Derozan with the #7 pick.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

if a swingman is what nelson wants he must choose terrance williams

hes capt jack kind of player he can defend and he is a willing passer 2 things we need
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: