Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: O.J. Mayo: The next great one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I had the awesome opportunity to see Mayo go head to head against Kobe for 2 days BEFORE he played his first game at USC, Mayo held his own on offense and defense, he blocked Kobe a few times including twice at the rim and even threw it down on Kobe a few times.....of course Kobe got his, but i'll tell you now......the kid is the REAL DEAL!!!!!!

Yeah, Mayo played with Kobe one on one also during last summer at team USA camp. Kobe is just trying to take Mayo under his wings because he realizes that he will pass the torch to Mayo just like MJ passed it to Kobe.

Kebab Stall. Rookie Mayo is compared to a Veteran Joe Johnson who is still basically in his prime that is telling you something.

To the person who said Mayo's numbers as a rookie were better than Wade's. That is true, but Wade made such a HUGE jump during his second year. That made him the Wade he is now. A household name. I hope Mayo can make that jump, but I don't see how he can with Conley dribbling 24/7.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
He has a chance I will give you that. lilojmayo calls him the 6'4 Mamba ( Kobe) and we all know how liloj's mind works . Mayo needs to have a killer instinct, the skill level is there though. He might be the " next one', but I think Rudy Gay will take too many shots away from Mayo for Mayo to unlock his full potential

He calls him that because he is. I call him that because he is.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I hope he dosent develop the huge ego that kobe had in his early twenties.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #19
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I hope he dosent develop the huge ego that kobe had in his early twenties.

Same. I like Mayo because he is a killer and doesn't run his mouth like Kobe. That is good and bad at the same time. Sometimes Mayo and even DRose need to show some fire in there actions. Curse out the refs.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Same. I like Mayo because he is a killer and doesn't run his mouth like Kobe. That is good and bad at the same time. Sometimes Mayo and even DRose need to show some fire in there actions. Curse out the refs.

Mayo has fire. I have seen a few incidents on the court when mayo comes at mayo for not passing the ball when he should.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #21
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he has the potential to be a top 3 player in the L, its basically how he handles it.

It would help if he came to NY though
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 AM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
he has the potential to be a top 3 player in the L, its basically how he handles it.

Haha I hope not for the grizzlies sake.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks

Yeah but aren't y'all want to get bigger names next year like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or Amare?
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
Yeah but aren't y'all want to get bigger names next year like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or Amare?

That would be great, bosh escpecially. But its not gonna happen. We need to try and keep the talent we have before we think outside the box.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #25
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

He really shows flashes. He has all the capabilities to play and defend the 2-guard, but for some reason, he keeps talking about wanting to play point. Luckily Lionel Hollins doesn't see it that way. As much as he wants to be, he is not a Chauncey Billups-type.

However, he has a great mentality for professional bball, especially for being a 1st-year player. I will admit that there is some Kobe in him, but I don't think he will be that much of an all-time great.

The thing he does have going for him is a great shot, especially from 3-point range. His athleticism is underrated as well. There were many drives he made last year that were surprising thanks to that knock on him. He does need to get better at finishing them, though.

He was worn down last season, being forced to play so many minutes. But he strikes me as the type of guy to be able to prepare himself for the grind next year.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
He really shows flashes. He has all the capabilities to play and defend the 2-guard, but for some reason, he keeps talking about wanting to play point. Luckily Lionel Hollins doesn't see it that way. As much as he wants to be, he is not a Chauncey Billups-type.

However, he has a great mentality for professional bball, especially for being a 1st-year player. I will admit that there is some Kobe in him, but I don't think he will be that much of an all-time great.

The thing he does have going for him is a great shot, especially from 3-point range. His athleticism is underrated as well. There were many drives he made last year that were surprising thanks to that knock on him. He does need to get better at finishing them, though.

He was worn down last season, being forced to play so many minutes. But he strikes me as the type of guy to be able to prepare himself for the grind next year.

He really did wear down it really hurt the griz
Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
FIXED
PleezeBelieve Disciple

FIXED is considered somewhat coolFIXED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
He really did wear down it really hurt the griz

he picked it back up at the very last month in april winning rookie of the month

averaged:

20.3PPG 3.8 APG 3.0 RPG 45.7% FG 41.7% 3PT 92.6 FT%
FIXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXED
he picked it back up at the very last month in april winning rookie of the month

averaged:

20.3PPG 3.8 APG 3.0 RPG 45.7% FG 41.7% 3PT 92.6 FT%
I think after playing a full season he now knows hot to pace himself.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
FIXED
PleezeBelieve Disciple

FIXED is considered somewhat coolFIXED is considered somewhat cool

I personally never liked believing in signs. However i always found it interesting how Kobe Bryant is paired up with Pau Gasol and how the " Next Kobe" in many people's eyes is paired up with Marc Gasol.
FIXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXED
I personally never liked believing in signs. However i always found it interesting how Kobe Bryant is paired up with Pau Gasol and how the " Next Kobe" in many people's eyes is paired up with Marc Gasol.
If only marc had his brothers skill set.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: