Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #16
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: dismantling of TAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
dont you think he should wait a bit? he hasn't really done anything in europe yet.

He was in the championship last year and he did dominate Josh Childress. So Casspi has accomplished more than Nicolas Batum, Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker or the other european projects did in europe. I think you prepare to play for the nba by playing in the nba. From what I saw with his workout in Sacramento he's already adjusting the weaknesses in his game.

Last edited by b.jerk : 07-01-2009 at 11:29 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #17
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
He was in the championship last year and he did dominate Josh Childress. So Casspi has accomplished more than Nicolas Batum, Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker or the other european projects did in europe. I think you prepare to play for the nba by playing in the nba. From what I saw with his workout in Sacramento he's already adjusting the weaknesses in his game.

I totally agree with this sentence. The game is so different compared to European basketeball that you can only be prepared playing there. So it is generally good for the players to go there soon to be really able to succeed. Very few players like Toni Kukoc have been able to do it if they arrive the US as grown players.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #18
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I totally agree with this sentence. The game is so different compared to European basketeball that you can only be prepared playing there. So it is generally good for the players to go there soon to be really able to succeed. Very few players like Toni Kukoc have been able to do it if they arrive the US as grown players.
I also agree but i wouldnt go as far as saying very few have succeeded as already made layers,I can think of Radja,petrovic,sabonis,calderon,stojakiovic,Navarr o(even though he saw the light after 1 year),Rudy,etc etc.
Rudy to do a Navarro-like U-turn?
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

I'm already sick of the Casspi and "the first israeli in the nba" thing. It's practically an identity thing and I think anyone that takes their identity from what someone else does needs to re-evaluate themselves. I've given up on the nba and David Stern's antics a long time ago. I'm more interested in discussing the new innovations euroleague teams are trying.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #20
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I'm already sick of the Casspi and "the first israeli in the nba" thing. It's practically an identity thing and I think anyone that takes their identity from what someone else does needs to re-evaluate themselves. I've given up on the nba and David Stern's antics a long time ago. I'm more interested in discussing the new innovations euroleague teams are trying.
The ACB is not happy with the euroleague,with the innovations.
As for TAU ,they seem to have signed one of Spain's best young players in Pau Ribas and could be on their way to signing Olesen too who has been one of ACB's best player last year.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #21
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
The ACB is not happy with the euroleague,with the innovations.
As for TAU ,they seem to have signed one of Spain's best young players in Pau Ribas and could be on their way to signing Olesen too who has been one of ACB's best player last year.
What new innovations are happening this upcoming season?

Are the 3 point line being further back and the inclusion of the restricted area and bigger court a part of these innovations?

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 07-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: