Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Thornton is least productive in NBA

Quote:
According to a recent report made by wagesofwins.com, Los Angeles Clippers forward Al Thornton(notes) was the least productive player in the NBA last season by a fairly comfortable margin.

The report, which ranks the bottom 10 percent players in the league in terms of wins produced by using statistics like games played, games started, and minutes played, determined that Thornton “produced” -2.88 wins for the Los Angeles Clippers in 2008-2009.

Thornton played in 71 games with 67 starts, and compiled 2.654 minutes on the court to place him -.18 wins ahead of Dallas’ Antoine Wright(notes) and -.40 wins in front of Minnesota’s/Sacramento’s Bobby Brown.

Other Clippers who made this dubious list were Ricky Davis (7th, still with the team), Tim Thomas (11th, no longer with the squad) and Steve Novak (31st, a free agent), meaning that of the 45 players who comprise the bottom 10 percent of the “wins produced category,” four spent time with a Clipper franchise that went 19-63 last season.

And while some may question the validity of such a report, especially considering the meaningful contributions that Thornton and Novak made in 2008-2009, it’s hard to argue with a correlation between a losing team and players who may have done well statistically, but didn’t actually lead their squad to victories. And even though Thornton clearly isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, Novak still hasn’t re-signed with the Clippers and has already been criticized for his lack of an offensive repertoire beyond three-point shooting and for a dearth of defensive skill.

Yahoo Sports
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Thornton is least productive in NBA

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Lets see:

Eats McDonalds before games
Takes fadeaways on slow unathletic defenders like Scalabrine and Bonner
Can't make a 3 to save his life

Yup thats you Al Thornton. Least productive? Surprise, surprise
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why does this not surprise me at all? He was given the starting spot at the 3, with no one to compete against. He is one of the most inconsistent and frustrating players. Looks out of control very often and always loves the fage away when a simple drive to the hoop would suffice. If he doesnt improve next year, his time is up
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
JetDeveloper
I airball my layups

JetDeveloper has an OK reputation so far

Gotta feel bad for the Clippers. They've never won a title and they had a terrible season last year. They need a new coach if they want to have any hopes of improvement.
JetDeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #6
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far

On a brighter note... He is pretty darn good in NBA 2k9
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
traaaaaa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

traaaaaa has an OK reputation so far

It could be that he just doesn't care. Dunleavy inspires apathy.
traaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traaaaaa
It could be that he just doesn't care. Dunleavy inspires apathy.

No its his ill advised jumpers and bad ball handling skills. He also makes horrible decisions on the break
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
cookiemonster
I hit open layups

cookiemonster has not been impressing people

Seriously, I never understood why clippers fans were so high on him. He's been a black hole since he came into the league. Clippers should package him and Camby for a small forward that can defend.
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster
Seriously, I never understood why clippers fans were so high on him. He's been a black hole since he came into the league. Clippers should package him and Camby for a small forward that can defend.

Its easy to say this two seasons later.. but in his first season, it was difficult to gage his impact because of how horrible the team was. We saw potential and erratic play... Now usually you give a player slack for being a novice.. but after another season we can see that he is just out of control and cannot adapt properly to the NBA game.

So the problem was never potential.. it was his inability to build on that potential..

Now that weve experienced his constant struggle, I would not mind trading him being packaged.. but the only issue is that now everyone else knows what we know...
Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
cookiemonster
I hit open layups

cookiemonster has not been impressing people

See I don't know. With Eric Gordon, you can already tell he's gonna be a very good player, just from his playing style. I felt Thornton had horrible shot selection in his rookie season, didn't really see anything nice out of him but a few athletic drives here and there.

I would rather have kept Maggette and fired Dunleevy, but I dont think i'm alone here... especially in the firing dunleevy
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster
See I don't know. With Eric Gordon, you can already tell he's gonna be a very good player, just from his playing style. I felt Thornton had horrible shot selection in his rookie season, didn't really see anything nice out of him but a few athletic drives here and there.

I would rather have kept Maggette and fired Dunleevy, but I dont think i'm alone here... especially in the firing dunleevy

I think CMagg was too expensive for what he does... When it comes to MikeD i agree.. his coaching is suspect particularly at the end of fourth quarters. Im okay with him as a GM but when it comes to coaching, the Clipps could do better.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whhaaaaaat?

Why are ppl baggin on him?

Juice is a studd!
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: