Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Default Tony Allen ??? what's what

I watched a couple games, but like this night against the Lakers he played 4 minutes...

I am wondering if he has had injuries or just hasn't gotten the minutes because of the rotation ?

If he isn't getting the minutes like he had in Boston 15-23 ,, then he made a mistake not going to the HEAT or Dallas.. I think even Lakers were interested at one time.

What's what ???
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
zac
Local High School Star

Default Re: Tony Allen ??? what's what

The Grizzlies offered him 3 guarenteed years, the Celtics only offered 2. He hasn't completely found his spot on the team yet though. He came in thinking it was gonna be his chance to make huge plays and be a go to guy and that's not why he was brought in so he was benched for a few games. His minutes vary depending on the matchup though. When he did come in tonight he was just jacking up jump shots which is not why they brought him here so it didn't surprise me that he didn't play too much.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac
The Grizzlies offered him 3 guarenteed years, the Celtics only offered 2. He hasn't completely found his spot on the team yet though. He came in thinking it was gonna be his chance to make huge plays and be a go to guy and that's not why he was brought in so he was benched for a few games. His minutes vary depending on the matchup though. When he did come in tonight he was just jacking up jump shots which is not why they brought him here so it didn't surprise me that he didn't play too much.

im jelous....i miss him on the celts
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

I don't see the lov affair lasting , and suspect he will be on the trading block , next summer , unless he gets burn.
I know he was in the dicussion thread in the Milwaukee media , looking to backup John S. and even Jennings ... but no talks came to be with agents.
He is a valuable player , and to ride the pine on a o.k. team is shit.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
The Next Jordan
High School JV MVP

It's funny, his dumbass thought that he was given a role (defensive stopper and just attack the basket on offense) but that he WASN'T a role player. So he leaves Boston where he was actually given a very consistent and important role given his limited skill set for greener pastures, a 3rd year and a slightly higher salary. Now he's averaging career lows nearly across the board including in minutes.
The Next Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
zac
Local High School Star

I think the problem with Tony Allen is that him and Sam Young are very similar players. The advantage Sam has over him is that he's been with the team since last year (and is younger) and actually has a decent jumpshot and even shoots decently from 3. Tony just needs to find his role. I'm a huge Celtics fan too so I was pumped when I found out he was coming over but he just needs to find his role. If they do end up trading OJ and don't get a better SG in return then I think TA will get more minutes.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: