Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default thoughts on J.R. Smith

it seems the nuggets have always been lacking a solid SG since vashon leanard went down. J.R. has potential.

has anyone seen any practices which might indicate how well he will do this season or any word from george karl on his progress?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #2
Darsh
Good college starter

i just watched the Real Training Camp: Nuggets program on NBA TV. The program went for about 2 and a half hours.

J.R. looked like his 3 point stroke was lethal. Karl was getting on his back about his defense at times but it might just take some time to get familiar with the team before he can begin to polish that area. Its definantly his weak spot.

Yakoubra Diawara was quite impressive too, and his 3 looked pretty nice according to rick kamla.

J.r. might not be cemented as a starter for a while yet, but he will be if he can concentrate on his defense.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
pennstate73
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
i just watched the Real Training Camp: Nuggets program on NBA TV. The program went for about 2 and a half hours.

J.R. looked like his 3 point stroke was lethal. Karl was getting on his back about his defense at times but it might just take some time to get familiar with the team before he can begin to polish that area. Its definantly his weak spot.

Yakoubra Diawara was quite impressive too, and his 3 looked pretty nice according to rick kamla.

J.r. might not be cemented as a starter for a while yet, but he will be if he can concentrate on his defense.

I do agree. I also don't see them resigning DeMar. Believe Anthony Carter has earned a shot. Since he can distribute the ball and plays some D.

pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

he's capable of averaging 20 but his defense is terrible. over the summer he was playin in the rucker and guys in the rucker was getting by him. he got the athleticism to be a good defender but thats not his mind set. but the guy is extremely gifted though.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
pennstate73
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
he's capable of averaging 20 but his defense is terrible. over the summer he was playin in the rucker and guys in the rucker was getting by him. he got the athleticism to be a good defender but thats not his mind set. but the guy is extremely gifted though.
Then he has no future with the Nuggets. And since this is his option year, he is in trouble.
The inability to play D caused Vashon to be benched and traded.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

can someone project a stat line for Jr smith as a starter and one as a bench player. I need to rethink keeping him on my fantasy teams
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:14 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

so the starters...

PG-Miller
SG-JR Smith
SF-Melo
PF-Martin
C-Camby

or what??? the Nuggets look deep... wpuld put my money on them to go deep in the playoffs...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

JR is going to start. Only other option is Demarr, and Karl has little faith in him and wouldn't play him unless needed last year. And JR is still young and will get better defensively, and his option will be picked up as long as he can shoot. Because they need it.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

i see the leaders (scoring wise) being Anthony and J.R.

JR(not pinnock) is supposed to be a superstar one day but kinda got off on the wrong foot with the hornets.

But this can can DUNK and thats the same exact way Kobe started out...his dunking.

But kobe worked out on every aspect of his game.

So Im thinkiing J.R. could do the same one day.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
Melo#15
G.O.A.T.

JR Smith could be a great player some day. He's athletic, great dunker, quick, fair mid-range game, and not to bad ball handling. But if he wants to b a good player he needs to work on his D and 3 ball.
Melo#15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
pennstate73
I brick open layups

[quote=Melo#15]JR Smith could be a great player some day. He's athletic, great dunker, quick, fair mid-range game, and not to bad ball handling. But if he wants to b a good player he needs to work on his D and 3 ball.[/QUOTE

AMEN
Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

He's shooting 43% so far in the preseason. I think he can be a serious 3pt threat for Denver, and a consistent one. Pretty much I feel like we've found our 3pt threat.

He does however, need to become a good defensive player, atleast an active one. Right now, our best perimeter defensive player is Melo. While over the past year he's proven to me that he's a really good man defender, he doesn't need to be the guy to guard the Kobe's or Tmacs as he's so important on the other end of the floor.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
pennstate73
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
He's shooting 43% so far in the preseason. I think he can be a serious 3pt threat for Denver, and a consistent one. Pretty much I feel like we've found our 3pt threat.

He does however, need to become a good defensive player, atleast an active one. Right now, our best perimeter defensive player is Melo. While over the past year he's proven to me that he's a really good man defender, he doesn't need to be the guy to guard the Kobe's or Tmacs as he's so important on the other end of the floor.
\

How true
Old 11-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #14
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

is he the shooting gUARD every1 expected ?? i havnt seen much of the nuggets yet
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #15
Melo
Serious playground baller

JR Smith will be thier second scoring leader after Melo
Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: