Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Smart Move Joe D!!!

Now we need Joe D to really make a blockbuster deal. The Magic just got Vince Carter. They are going to be really tough.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...or-Alston,-Lee

They responded to Cleveland getting Shaq fast. That move might just put them over the edge. Carter is a guy that still needs to be double teamed. Dwight is a guy that typically needs to be double teamed. Even Turkoglu needs to be double teamed sometimes. Add Lewis and Nelson into the mix and that is quite possibly the best starting 5 in the NBA now.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently Elton Brand is available. That is very interesting..... the 76ers want to unload some salary.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Apparently Elton Brand is available. That is very interesting..... the 76ers want to unload some salary.

His contract is SOOOOO bad. No chance unless they give us something just to take his contract.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

Do you think it will be worse than what Boozer wants though? I think Boozer will want that kind of money. The only thing that might make him cheaper is the cap is going down and the market won't be what it was last year. Boozer will probably be cheaper and should be our option ahead of Brand but just in case this is still out there.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Do you think it will be worse than what Boozer wants though? I think Boozer will want that kind of money. The only thing that might make him cheaper is the cap is going down and the market won't be what it was last year. Boozer will probably be cheaper and should be our option ahead of Brand but just in case this is still out there.

Boozer>>>Brand though.

Brand averaged 14 and 9 last year and played in just 29 games. Boozer averages 10 rebounds a year while Brand is about 6. Brand's point totals have also decreased significantly over the past couple of years and has only played 37 games the last 2 years, and people are already complaining about Boozer being injury prone. Brand hasn't been the same since his 1st injury and then he got injured again and is now just a decent starter who probably won't play half the # of games in a season who will make $13m for the next 5 seasons. That is such a terrible contract, honestly I would only take him if the Sixers paid us to take him very similar to that Kurt Thomas trade a couple years ago (Kurt Thomas and 2 1st rounders for a 2nd rounder) Not to mention the fact that Boozer is also younger. Honestly, you really can't compare the two.

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 06-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

Joe D is doing a good job.

We are only 1 piece away (center)

But we we have more talent than last year, because we lost Sheed but picked up to very good players. I think Charlie V, and B.G. will be excellent Pistons. As long as we get McDyess back were all set.

If we can make a trade for a center then we could be back to the ECF!
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #22
dd24
College superstar

If I look at the teams out there in the eastern conference who are going to contend like Boston and Orlando and compare their roster to ours we are more than one piece away. Boston is supposed to get Sheed. How is our front line supposed to match up with KG and Sheed. Charlie and said center aren't going to be as good. Orlando with Lewis and Howard..... again it's not as good of a front line. I think Charlie will be able to do some things offensively, but I don't think he's better than anyone on teams like that. If we get someone like Chandler it will help but I'm not sure if it's enough. If Charlie was coming off the bench behind someone better then we would have a deep front line. Think about what it took the Lakers to win it. Pau, Bynum, and Odom off the bench. That is size and depth. Think about what we had when we won it. The Wallaces with Okur coming off the bench. Again size and depth. We are a couple pieces off. We really need to get McDyess back and we really need a C. We'll lack some size still though. I'm just crossing my fingers that Joe D pulls off a good trade. Otherwise we are in for a long season with AI and Rip at the same position again..... oops I mean Gordon and Rip.... same thing....
Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #23
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If I look at the teams out there in the eastern conference who are going to contend like Boston and Orlando and compare their roster to ours we are more than one piece away. Boston is supposed to get Sheed. How is our front line supposed to match up with KG and Sheed. Charlie and said center aren't going to be as good. Orlando with Lewis and Howard..... again it's not as good of a front line. I think Charlie will be able to do some things offensively, but I don't think he's better than anyone on teams like that. If we get someone like Chandler it will help but I'm not sure if it's enough. If Charlie was coming off the bench behind someone better then we would have a deep front line. Think about what it took the Lakers to win it. Pau, Bynum, and Odom off the bench. That is size and depth. Think about what we had when we won it. The Wallaces with Okur coming off the bench. Again size and depth. We are a couple pieces off. We really need to get McDyess back and we really need a C. We'll lack some size still though. I'm just crossing my fingers that Joe D pulls off a good trade. Otherwise we are in for a long season with AI and Rip at the same position again..... oops I mean Gordon and Rip.... same thing....

Still Early Mon!

We got a lot of pieces to work w/ now. lots of trade bait.
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #24
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:

So every team is expected to be a contender? I don't think so, I'm fine with us just rebuilding and making the playoffs. Why? It's just not our turn, sports is such a cycle where you can be top dog one day and suck the next. I look at the future of some of the top teams: Dallas/Spurs: getting older will become like us. Cleveland: Shaq retiring, Lebron exiting? Phoenix: Gave up, rebuilding. Boston: Getting old, good luck signing Rondo and Ray Ray next year. Orlando.... we smoke them every year. LA: They seem to be in the best shape but will have to let players go in the future. What about us? Well Gordon, Villanueva, and Stuckey are all young, We have cap space, Tay and Rip aren't insanely old (but getting there), we still have our MLE. This just isn't our year, don't expect us to win it all this year or trade a lot away for a shot this year. The top teams will fall and the younger teams will rise. Really the redwings are the only team I can think of that are an exception to this, but a hockey player's career is much longer than an NBA player's.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a contender. Especially with the space we had. LA is set up for the next 3-5 years. The only thing they need to do is to resign Kobe which I'm sure won't be a problem. We aren't just going to woop Orlando anymore. They are very good and will be for quite some time. They won't have problems getting free agents because people will want to play with Howard. Boston probably only has a year left, maybe two to compete, but they will probably do something to get in the mix again. SA has been solid over the last 10 years and will be until Duncan retires. I never considered Phoenix a contender, even when Nash won MVP's that he shouldn't have. They had one good team and then decided to let Joe Johnson go. That was the end of them. It wasn't when they made the trade for Shaq because they already didn't have a chance then. I would hate to end up like them. They've been rebuilding for about 7 years now and haven't done much except win some games in the regular season.... like that's the most important thing in basketball.....

Our team has players locked up for quite some time now. We won't have major cap space. It's gone. This is what we are stuck with unless there is a trade. It's like I said before, once a team is mediocre it is very hard to break that cycle. We really need to hope that some of these guys are stepping up their games considerably.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a contender. Especially with the space we had.

Wow, first two sentences and you prove yourself wrong. If you have cap space you aren't going to win a championship, atleast not in the NBA. I have no idea who the last team to do so was. Top teams I'll say are Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Spurs, and Cavs. Lakers are roughly $23m over the cap (once they sign Artest) Cleveland: $10m, Magic: $10m, Spurs: $13m, Celtics: $15m, and just throw in Dallas as being $12m over (without Kidd) The only teams to be under cap and make the playoffs last year were Portland and Philly (Don't quote me on this but I think I got it right )

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 07-03-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #27
dd24
College superstar

That's is my point. We aren't on the same level as those other teams. We could have been.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
That's is my point. We aren't on the same level as those other teams. We could have been.

.....how?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #29
dd24
College superstar

By not wasting our cap space on Ben Gordon. AI already didn't work here. We just spent all of our money on a younger version.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #30
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
By not wasting our cap space on Ben Gordon. AI already didn't work here. We just spent all of our money on a younger version.

And instead using it on....?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: