Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #31
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Smart Move Joe D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
And instead using it on....?

David Lee?
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #32
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
David Lee?

I would of prefered it but saying we have any chance of going from last years team to contenders this year is a joke. With Lee instead of being stacked at guard we become stacked at PF. Not sure what that solves. If Lee would pla Center that would be sick, but really can't dwell on the past, we have to work with what we got which is villanueva and gordon. I think both are extremely underrated.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How is it a joke? A team that went to the ECF and only had one player removed only needs tweaking. I've posted a million times what people I wanted them to go after. I posted a million times that I don't think BG was worth that kind of money. How is it smart to have BG and Rip on the same team? We could have not signed BG and used that space in a trade even. There are a ton of different possibilities. Joe D went with the one that helped us out the least.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #34
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
How is it a joke? A team that went to the ECF and only had one player removed only needs tweaking. I've posted a million times what people I wanted them to go after. I posted a million times that I don't think BG was worth that kind of money. How is it smart to have BG and Rip on the same team? We could have not signed BG and used that space in a trade even. There are a ton of different possibilities. Joe D went with the one that helped us out the least.

Hmm, fan who has no faith in his team or Championship winning GM....... yeah I'm gonna go with the GM on this one.

*Also wonders how dice, herrmann, billups, and sheed are just one player removed*

And yeah, I guess I know who you want us to get, players that we don't even know are available. I keep hearing Bosh from you but I don't even think he is available and if he was I'm sure teams could make much better offers for him. Just because you have the cap space for any player doesn't mean you can gt any player. What was available to us were the players in free agency, and we got probably 2 of the best 5 available players. So quit whining before we even see the team before. I'm sure Joe D knows what he is doing a hell of a lot more than you.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #35
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was referring to last season. The main change was Billups. We just needed to get a big guy with that money. There are plenty available. Sure Bosh is the favorite and he should be, there are plenty of others though. And I will judge this team before I see it on the court. Even Chicago fans are saying BG doesn't play defense and takes too many bad shots. Who does that remind you of? We had a great season with him instead of Chauncey last year didn't we??? Of course I want to see a winner. That is what I expect of the Pistons.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #36
dd24
College superstar

Also like I've said before, I'm not even completely upset at the team yet. I'll wait until he makes the trade, because you know he will have to. Rip and BG can't coexist on the same team. If he makes a bad trade, you haven't seen anything yet
Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #37
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
I was referring to last season. The main change was Billups. We just needed to get a big guy with that money. There are plenty available. Sure Bosh is the favorite and he should be, there are plenty of others though. And I will judge this team before I see it on the court. Even Chicago fans are saying BG doesn't play defense and takes too many bad shots. Who does that remind you of? We had a great season with him instead of Chauncey last year didn't we??? Of course I want to see a winner. That is what I expect of the Pistons.

Reminds me of stuckey, that was who you were referring to right? I mean, we would get burned by the PGs every night, and I wouldn't expect an SG to guard a PG. And stop whinning about last season, the past is the past and we can't change it. Sure it would be nice to have billups and target a Center last year, but we didn't. I want to see a winner too, I also want to see the lions win a Super Bowl this year, and want to win 20 million dollars.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #38
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
Reminds me of stuckey, that was who you were referring to right? I mean, we would get burned by the PGs every night, and I wouldn't expect an SG to guard a PG. And stop whinning about last season, the past is the past and we can't change it. Sure it would be nice to have billups and target a Center last year, but we didn't. I want to see a winner too, I also want to see the lions win a Super Bowl this year, and want to win 20 million dollars.

I'm not upset about he Billups trade. I'm upset with what we got this offseason. We needed tweaks. Now we could potentially be rebuilding. I don't hold the Lions to the same expectations as the Pistons (though we should start). I don't want to see the Pistons win. I expect it.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #39
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
I'm not upset about he Billups trade. I'm upset with what we got this offseason. We needed tweaks. Now we could potentially be rebuilding. I don't hold the Lions to the same expectations as the Pistons (though we should start). I don't want to see the Pistons win. I expect it.

Good, expect it this year.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #40
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

I think a trade will come
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

do you think that having bg... rip will be moved?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #42
restoman45
Great young streetballer

restoman45 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

a lot of chicago fans are idiots. BG was the best player in a bulls uniform since the Jordan era hands down. He single-handed closed games out for us. He is a top 3 clutch player in the league. Besides Kobe, I can't say I would 100% sure have anyone besides BG take a game winning shot...
BG has weak defense, but so doesn't half of the league when guarding players of great talent. His offensive spark is amazing and he can shoot from 5' behind the 3 point line. Look for him to space the floor out more than any player you have had in years...

AI and BG is not a good comparison...AI can't shoot and BG can. And BG doesn't take 25 shots a night like AI used to.

BG WILL be your most skilled offensive weapon next year. He and CV will be your only real 3 point weapons. and BG is money from the stripe and can drive past you with ease which is why guarding BG is near impossible. CV is a steal of a deal...I was hoping we(chicago) would go for him and keep BG and trade away kirk/loul. CV is improving every year and imo is a younger Rasheed...
restoman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #43
restoman45
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
do you think that having bg... rip will be moved?

You should hope not. If you can have rip and BG running off screens all night, you will torch teams...Rip running short curls and BG going wide, they won't know who to guard and which way to go haha. Rip's mid game and BG's complete arsenal will be 2 players you can NOT help off and will spread your court wide open. Add to that CV being able to come out for the 3 as well and therefore bringing a big man out of the center will be one of the most talented offensive arsenals in the league! To be honest I HATE the pistons and am a huge bulls fan haha, but I am anxious to watch your Detroit Huskies, i mean pistons next year ...If you guys get avery and he can strengthen your team defense while keeping those 3 out on the floor for high minutes I don't see how you can't be the team to beat in the east. The key is to get them to all work well together, while not getting torched on the other end. If that happens I think you will be favorites in the east...If not, you will be a 3rd to 6th seed team next yr...
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #44
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by restoman45
a lot of chicago fans are idiots. BG was the best player in a bulls uniform since the Jordan era hands down. He single-handed closed games out for us. He is a top 3 clutch player in the league. Besides Kobe, I can't say I would 100% sure have anyone besides BG take a game winning shot...
BG has weak defense, but so doesn't half of the league when guarding players of great talent. His offensive spark is amazing and he can shoot from 5' behind the 3 point line. Look for him to space the floor out more than any player you have had in years...

AI and BG is not a good comparison...AI can't shoot and BG can. And BG doesn't take 25 shots a night like AI used to.

BG WILL be your most skilled offensive weapon next year. He and CV will be your only real 3 point weapons. and BG is money from the stripe and can drive past you with ease which is why guarding BG is near impossible. CV is a steal of a deal...I was hoping we(chicago) would go for him and keep BG and trade away kirk/loul. CV is improving every year and imo is a younger Rasheed...

I hope your right. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong with all of my criticism of signing BG for that much money. The key words there being that much money. I think he's an asset to any team. I just don't think he's a guy to lead a team to a ship. Plus we already have Rip who is a better defender at that spot, so getting another SG is what really doesn't make sense to me at this moment.

I lived in Michigan for 24 years. I lived in Illinois for 1 and it was while Gordon was there. I saw all the Gordon/Jordan billboards in Chicago. I saw all the media giving him praise. Everybody wanted him to be their Michael. I realize he is good. I just don't think he is the face of an organization. Again, I think paying someone like him 10 million + per season is a huge risk. If we had got him for 8 or 9 I wouldn't have the criticism I do. To me you have to really be worth that kind of money. Teams can only have a couple of players with that kind of contract on their team. That means they need to be extremely special.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #45
restoman45
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I hope your right. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong with all of my criticism of signing BG for that much money. The key words there being that much money. I think he's an asset to any team. I just don't think he's a guy to lead a team to a ship. Plus we already have Rip who is a better defender at that spot, so getting another SG is what really doesn't make sense to me at this moment.

I lived in Michigan for 24 years. I lived in Illinois for 1 and it was while Gordon was there. I saw all the Gordon/Jordan billboards in Chicago. I saw all the media giving him praise. Everybody wanted him to be their Michael. I realize he is good. I just don't think he is the face of an organization. Again, I think paying someone like him 10 million + per season is a huge risk. If we had got him for 8 or 9 I wouldn't have the criticism I do. To me you have to really be worth that kind of money. Teams can only have a couple of players with that kind of contract on their team. That means they need to be extremely special.

I think it comes down to the style they will play and who your coach is. If you can gel the team together with the amount of talent you have (ala jackson with kobe, gasol, odom type of situation), I can't see you losing many games this year. Being able to run all 3 of them at the same time without having teammate issues is the key. They got their contracts, so now if they all play without an ego, watch out-they are going to put up d'antoni type of offensive stats and if they can have a defensive oriented coach they will be killer
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: