Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #166
Masterz313
I brick open layups

Masterz313 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
The thing is, Al Jefferson seems like a vanilla type of player. Kind of like an Elton Brand. He'll get his double doubles but won't ever have or be what it takes to lead a team to a Championship. Kevin Love might end up being better than Al Jefferson. Time will tell.

The point being, the Wolves need a leader who has that extra something that they need to lead them a ring. That person is Ricky Rubio. They should trade their 6th, 18th, and 28th First Round Draft picks for #2 and then take Rubio.

maybe you just havent watched al jefferson, but he probably has the best touch in the paint of any big man in the league right now, the guy is a bucket-getting/rebounding monster - not to mention he has a reasonable contract, by all accounts is a good teammate and a likable guy and has shown marked development each season, i like love but hes not gonna be the offensive post threat that al is ever

kg/bosh/gasol etc. couldnt do **** by themselves either, its not a damnation of them, just proof that big guys always need some guard help to win anything significant
Masterz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #167
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterz313
maybe you just havent watched al jefferson, but he probably has the best touch in the paint of any big man in the league right now, the guy is a bucket-getting/rebounding monster - not to mention he has a reasonable contract, by all accounts is a good teammate and a likable guy and has shown marked development each season, i like love but hes not gonna be the offensive post threat that al is ever

kg/bosh/gasol etc. couldnt do **** by themselves either, its not a damnation of them, just proof that big guys always need some guard help to win anything significant
just to add to what you said NO ONE can win by themselves, not even kobe or MJ or lebron or shaq or anyone.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #168
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

Minny should do the following:

Trade: 5 or 6 and 18 for 2

Draft:

2- Rubio
5/6- Curry

that would be interesting but a great passing pg and a lights out shooter..
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #169
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
Minny should do the following:

Trade: 5 or 6 and 18 for 2

Draft:

2- Rubio
5/6- Curry

that would be interesting but a great passing pg and a lights out shooter..
i would be fine with it. Evans has been rumored though to be very high on Minnesotas list so if we do get rubio and if evans is still available at 5 or 6 (dont know which one we would give up to move up) we will draft Evans. If we dont end up moving up i would love to get johnny flynn + curry/evans/derozan
Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #170
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
that's not going to happen. He's their future and they're trying to build around Kevin Love and him.
To tell you the truth, Al is the only player on the wolves that's spot on the team is a garuntee. I thought for sure Foye wouldn't be traded, but he obviously just did. In a star tribune article, Kahn said that on a championship team, Al would be the second best player on the team, and Love would be 4th or 5th.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see love moved on draft day. I think Kahn realizes that Al needs to play forward.

But do you really think Rubio and Evans would work on the same team, if that is what we end up drafting? They both dominate the ball, I almost want to say Rubio/Curry or Rubio/Hill would be a better combination. Although I'm not sold on Rubio whatsoever....
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #171
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
To tell you the truth, Al is the only player on the wolves that's spot on the team is a garuntee. I thought for sure Foye wouldn't be traded, but he obviously just did. In a star tribune article, Kahn said that on a championship team, Al would be the second best player on the team, and Love would be 4th or 5th.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see love moved on draft day. I think Kahn realizes that Al needs to play forward.

But do you really think Rubio and Evans would work on the same team, if that is what we end up drafting? They both dominate the ball, I almost want to say Rubio/Curry or Rubio/Hill would be a better combination. Although I'm not sold on Rubio whatsoever....
haha i just thought what if memphis where to except Love + 18th + 28th pick for the 2nd over all . im not sure i would even do it and it is unrealistic and wont happen but damn we would have the 2nd + 5th + 6th
Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #172
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
haha i just thought what if memphis where to except Love + 18th + 28th pick for the 2nd over all . im not sure i would even do it and it is unrealistic and wont happen but damn we would have the 2nd + 5th + 6th
That would be unreal, we'd have 2 of the top 5 picks. I don't think memphis would do that just for the sake of us having all those picks. I don't even think I would want those, to many chances that our top picks will be busts. Not to mention some pretty solid players could slip down to 18.

But I think I would be down with Love and the 5th for Memphis 2nd and filler. I like Love, but there isn't really a place for him on the team, unless its off the bench, and unless Al continues to player center, which I really wish he wouldn't.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #173
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Ah mister Pecherov. I thought he'd retire after this happened last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxzfVl_7c4&fmt=18

So nasty
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #174
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Love is worth more than that, especially since Memphis needs a PF. Love + 18th for 2nd is a fair trade if you ask me. I mean think about it, Love has already shown himself to be a solid player, and he fills a need for the Grizzlies, if you're them why not go for that instead of taking a chance on Jordan Hill ?

Wolves would do it because it allows them to move Al to his natural position as PF, and they then draft Rubio 2nd, Thabeet 5th, Evans 6th and Budinger/Casspi 28th.

Not going to happen, but would be kinda funny and does make sense for both teams.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #175
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

i wonder who they are going to pick at the 5 spot ? my guess is jordan hill still i cant think of any one else i dont think rubio will fall to the 5 spot
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #176
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ajay
i wonder who they are going to pick at the 5 spot ? my guess is jordan hill still i cant think of any one else i dont think rubio will fall to the 5 spot
i think they'll eventually trade up to No.2 and draft Thabeet. Kahn already said he wants to make a big splash this year and that move fits the criteria.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #177
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ajay
0% chance we take hill if we still have Love on the roster
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #178
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

The more I think about it the more I think the Wolves should trade Love + 18th for 2nd. Makes perfect sense for both teams.

I like Kevin Love, but ultimately I don't think a frontcourt of Love + Jefferson works, they just don't have the size and defense you need, and its forcing Jefferson to play out of position.

If that trade goes through the Wolves could get Thabeet to play center alongside Jefferson at PF, a combo that perfectly compliments each other. And Memphis gets a proven scorer and rebounder to fit their biggest need at PF, rather than having to gamble on Hill or pick Rubio/Thabeet who don't want to be there.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #179
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
The more I think about it the more I think the Wolves should trade Love + 18th for 2nd. Makes perfect sense for both teams.

I like Kevin Love, but ultimately I don't think a frontcourt of Love + Jefferson works, they just don't have the size and defense you need, and its forcing Jefferson to play out of position.

If that trade goes through the Wolves could get Thabeet to play center alongside Jefferson at PF, a combo that perfectly compliments each other. And Memphis gets a proven scorer and rebounder to fit their biggest need at PF, rather than having to gamble on Hill or pick Rubio/Thabeet who don't want to be there.
It cant go down because The Grizzlies drafted Love, we cant reacquire Love until after the Draft.

And Kevin Love + 18 is not worth the 2nd overall pick, Love is not a proven scorer at all but he is a solid rebounder, and his inconsistent end to the season raised eyebrows.

We'd rather sign Milsap, Big Baby, Bass or Lee at PF if we make it a priority, not trading for Love.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #180
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
It cant go down because The Grizzlies drafted Love, we cant reacquire Love until after the Draft.

And Kevin Love + 18 is not worth the 2nd overall pick, Love is not a proven scorer at all but he is a solid rebounder, and his inconsistent end to the season raised eyebrows.

Hmm, didn't know there was a rule against that. Well 5th + 18th for 2nd it is then.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: