Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #181
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
0% chance we take hill if we still have Love on the roster
This.

Minnesota should go Tyreke Evans at #5, and then draft Curry at #6.

Tyreke is a SG who is a primary ballhandler and scorer who's penetration ability can open the floor up for Curry on the wing as a spot shooter PG, and on defense that duo should be deadly in terms of getting into the passing lanes.

Then if Brewer can regain his confidence and prove hes a NBA SF then you could be looking at a trio of passing lane pirahnas with Curry, Evans, and Brewer.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #182
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

I don't think Evans falls past Sacramento.

I think it's going to go Griffin, Thabeet, Rubio, Evans. Then T-wolves pick Harden & Curry.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #183
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I don't think Evans falls past Sacramento.

I think it's going to go Griffin, Thabeet, Rubio, Evans. Then T-wolves pick Harden & Curry.

Why on earth would the Thunder pick Rubio at #3 ? They already have their PG of the future and they're in need of a SG. Its pretty much a lock that they pick Harden if he's available, and Thabeet if he's not.

Wolves are hoping the Grizzlies pick Thabeet though, because in such a scenario Rubio probably drops to them at #5.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #184
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Why on earth would the Thunder pick Rubio at #3 ? They already have their PG of the future and they're in need of a SG. Its pretty much a lock that they pick Harden if he's available, and Thabeet if he's not.

Wolves are hoping the Grizzlies pick Thabeet though, because in such a scenario Rubio probably drops to them at #5.
Was just my opinion.

I don't think Harden is a Top 3 talent. If you want him, trade down with say the Knicks.

Sometimes you just draft the best talent. If Rubio turns out to be a star, they can choose who they want to keep. They can even go small with both at times or Rubio as the 6th man.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #185
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I hope the T'wolves get Rubio, Evans and Marcus Thornton in the 2nd round. I played ball with Marcus Thornton at Kilgore College (was a junior college we went to before he went on to dominate the SEC at LSU.) He WILL be a very solid role player. Remember the name - Marcus Thornton.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #186
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

mike miller is a perfect 6th man for the wizards (or almost any team, really).

they will be the best offense in the east if arenas recaptures the magic, and that will be enough to get them a top 5 seed
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #187
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
This.

Minnesota should go Tyreke Evans at #5, and then draft Curry at #6.

Tyreke is a SG who is a primary ballhandler and scorer who's penetration ability can open the floor up for Curry on the wing as a spot shooter PG, and on defense that duo should be deadly in terms of getting into the passing lanes.

Then if Brewer can regain his confidence and prove hes a NBA SF then you could be looking at a trio of passing lane pirahnas with Curry, Evans, and Brewer.

This is what I think will happen.As soon as i saw this trade i knew there was a 65% chance Curry wouldn't be at number 8 anymore.Unless Rubio drops down to 5 because the Thunder take a guard and Kings decide to take Evans(stupid) but might happen.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #188
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
This is what I think will happen.As soon as i saw this trade i knew there was a 65% chance Curry wouldn't be at number 8 anymore.Unless Rubio drops down to 5 because the Thunder take a guard and Kings decide to take Evans(stupid) but might happen.
No way Sacramento takes Evans, they will probably take Curry or Holiday depending on if Rubio is off the board.

Kings have been targeting Holiday for so long that I think if NY made the right offer they would agree to move down and take Holiday at #8 along with getting someone else good in return.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #189
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Washington-Minnesota made trade

Man I am so exited and pumped for this draft!!!!!! Think of all the other trades that could go down...and it must feel kick ass to be a T-Wolves fan right about now. 5th and 6th pick?? Plus 18 and 28? 45 and 47...Damn!!! Most likely Minny is going to make another trade in this years draft since they cant fit all 6 players in, imo they should try trading 28/45/47 for a pick around 14-17.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #190
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
Man I am so exited and pumped for this draft!!!!!! Think of all the other trades that could go down...and it must feel kick ass to be a T-Wolves fan right about now. 5th and 6th pick?? Plus 18 and 28? 45 and 47...Damn!!! Most likely Minny is going to make another trade in this years draft since they cant fit all 6 players in, imo they should try trading 28/45/47 for a pick around 14-17.

I agree, a pick in the 14-17 range would be very cunning...Some good options in this range...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #191
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
yea its been a while since I could say im actually excited about a Wolves event
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #192
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
im still holding my excitement back until the draft is over. after all we could somehow end up messing it up
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #193
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease

well FireMcFail you got ur wish. he was a terrible gm.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #194
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
im still holding my excitement back until the draft is over. after all we could somehow end up messing it up

Better days are ahead for the timberwolves i think, one thing about drafts is expect the unexpected...If Minnesota lands Rubio, the GM deserves a massive pat on the back for trading to get #5 pick...I only suspect that Sacramento wont let Rubio drop that low...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #195
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Anyone think the new GM has already made a positive impact with the first trade?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: