Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #211
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredagiant
lol nooooo the same Randy that banged Khloe Kardashian? Who? haha...for real though, this is a decent move on the Wizards part, their pretty good insurance players, just in case caron goes down with an injury mike would be a decent backup for him if not replacement just in case, as for Foye, he just seems like another Arenas to me, unless Arenas gets injured again I can see a problem developing between Randy and him since they both have ego problems, though Agent Zero is alot more entertaining than Randy. Other than moving up the draft, I don't see what else this trade does for the T'Wolves....not too sure what their trying to do, are they trying to be the next Clippers?
trading 2 average players for 1 potentially great player doesnt sound good to you? we probably werent going to resign miller anyway and randy foye has no place leading a team, he just isnt good at that.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #212
andredagiant
Decent playground baller

andredagiant has decent reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

the word potential is being used too much, and it certainly is the case in this draft, outside of maybe Griffin, Rubio, Hasheem, most of the other picks will be solid players to busts at best, the "potential" number 5 pick could be anyone, and I could be wrong in predicting their not going to be all stars, but you gota be realistic, this being one of the weakest drafts ever, no doubt there will be surprises, but who are the Twolves gonna get at 5?
andredagiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #213
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Dari

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredagiant
the word potential is being used too much, and it certainly is the case in this draft, outside of maybe Griffin, Rubio, Hasheem, most of the other picks will be solid players to busts at best, the "potential" number 5 pick could be anyone, and I could be wrong in predicting their not going to be all stars, but you gota be realistic, this being one of the weakest drafts ever, no doubt there will be surprises, but who are the Twolves gonna get at 5?
whoever we get will be better then foye was. 16 ppg on 40% shooting as the number #1 option (after big al went down) foye is merely average. trading an average player for someone who has the potential to be great is fine with me. there is also plenty of talent in this draft at the very top. Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet, Evans, Flynn, Curry, Harden are all very good talents
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #214
GSW1984
I airball my layups

GSW1984 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Washington-Minnesota made trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
The Wizards just got much better.

Randy Foye is a stud.

Arenas
Foye
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

SAY HELLO TO THE OFFSEASON PEEPS!!!

Can you say Wizards back in the playoffs at a 6 or 7 seed.
GSW1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #215
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation
Default Re: Wolves trading Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for #5 E.Thomas O.Pecherov Darius S

Hopefully Miller gets some shots in Washington...and he is a hell of a rebounder for his position. Good luck to Mikey Miller.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #216
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloMike
Hopefully Miller gets some shots in Washington...and he is a hell of a rebounder for his position. Good luck to Mikey Miller.

I agree completely. His only real drawback (other than his lateral quickness on d) is that he's almost too unselfish. I love Gilbert, Butler, Nick Young, and the rest, but I'd rather Mike Miller take six threes a game than any of them. His rebounding is nice, too, and if he ever plays alongside Dominic McGuire (8 per 40) and Javaris Crittenton (6 per 40), the backcourt will probably be better at rebounding than our frontcourt.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #217
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wiz will 45-50 games next year. Book it.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #218
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Wiz will 45-50 games next year. Book it.

Yep. Even if Arenas gets hurt, Foye can step in and play the same role and they won't lose all that much. I think they could easily lead the league in offensive rating as they are, although they'd get destroyed by the Cavs, Magic, and any other team with big men who draw a lot of fouls.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #219
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac has an OK reputation so far

Arenas/Foye/
Miller/Stevenson
Butler/McGuire
Jamison
Haywood/Blatche

Thats a loaded offensive team.Sign afree agent backup F/C and there set. i wonder if they can unload mike james nd his contract.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #220
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
Arenas/Foye/
Miller/Stevenson
Butler/McGuire
Jamison
Haywood/Blatche

Thats a loaded offensive team.Sign afree agent backup F/C and there set. i wonder if they can unload mike james nd his contract.

Yea but they still got no post D, which is the problem that has been plaguing the for years. Sometimes too much offense is too much offense. They become a stronger offensive team, but they are still a 2 round bounced team without that post D.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: