Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Pistons should try and get Hedo Turkoglu?

Will make us a contender..

C BJ Mullens( if we get him )/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ Ai
PG Stuckey/ Bynum

Only we suck at the center position.

If u ask me trade stuckey and mullens for a good center, or power foward and shift wallace to center? lol

Maybe stuckey and mullens for tyson chandler?

So

C Chandler/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ AI
PG Bynum/ AI

contender!

Last edited by tgan3 : 06-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pistons should try and get Hedo Turkoglu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
Will make us a contender..

C BJ Mullens( if we get him )/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ Ai
PG Stuckey/ Bynum

Only we suck at the center position.

If u ask me trade stuckey and mullens for a good center, or power foward and shift wallace to center? lol

Maybe stuckey and mullens for tyson chandler?

So

C Chandler/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ AI
PG Bynum/ AI

contender!

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

AI, Sheed, and Dice aren't on the team anymore. If they were we would have no cap space to sign Turkoglu or take in that 8 extra mil from the Chandler trade. Why the hell would we bench Tayshaun or bench AI behind Bynum?

This is the current team:

Kwame/Oberto (to be waived)
Maxiell
Tayshaun/Sharpe
Rip/Afflalo
Stuckey/Bynum

Roughly 20-25m in cap depending on if Oberto is waived.

Picks 15, 35, 39, and 44 in this years draft

I'm guessing a team like this is possible with the cap space and picks we have.

Kwame/Gortat/Mulllens
Boozer/Maxiell
Tayshaun/Ariza/Sharpe
Rip/Afflalo
Stuckey/Bynum

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 06-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I don't understand…

There is no:

Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Antonio McDyess

Its pretty much a given that Sheed and AI are on the outs.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just for poops and laughs, say we kept last years team intact and just added Turkoglu. How on earth does that make Detroit contenders?

Nonetheless, I think we will end up with Boozer now and I am thinking Joe D somehow get another solid player. I don't think it will be Ariza because the Lakers will definitely keep him. They would let Odom go first. Ariza made himself some money this postseason but I don't think he'll get more than 5 or 6 million per year. I really think Joe D should take a look at Gortat. He's still very young and has playoff experience. He could be an opening day starter for us.

I really would love for Joe D to make a move for Bosh though. We have the money to lock him up for the next 5 to 6 years. Him, Rip, Tay, and Stuckey are a solid core for a team. A few key bench additions for depth and that would be a team to be feared in the east for quite some time. The thing is we'd still have money left over for another star player too....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Just for poops and laughs, say we kept last years team intact and just added Turkoglu. How on earth does that make Detroit contenders?

Nonetheless, I think we will end up with Boozer now and I am thinking Joe D somehow get another solid player. I don't think it will be Ariza because the Lakers will definitely keep him. They would let Odom go first. Ariza made himself some money this postseason but I don't think he'll get more than 5 or 6 million per year. I really think Joe D should take a look at Gortat. He's still very young and has playoff experience. He could be an opening day starter for us.

I really would love for Joe D to make a move for Bosh though. We have the money to lock him up for the next 5 to 6 years. Him, Rip, Tay, and Stuckey are a solid core for a team. A few key bench additions for depth and that would be a team to be feared in the east for quite some time. The thing is we'd still have money left over for another star player too....

I would like Mr. Dinosa.. I mean Bosh. But if it is so easy to sign Boozer and trade for Bosh I think other teams would do it. But then again few teams have the money. I have not heard anything about the Raptors being interested in a trade like that. Bosh/Boozer would both cost around 14m, probably leaving around 10m left over. So It might be hard to get another star player. I say send Kwame's expiring 4m contract and picks/players for a Solid Center (10-12m. Okur sign and trade?) to open up cap for a team (Just like Jefferson trade) and next year get a good backup with the MLE.

2011 Roster:
Starting Center
Bosh/Boozer
Tay
Rip
Stuckey

Solid MLE 6th man
15th pick
New Rookie?
Maxiell
Afflalo?
Sharpe
Bynum?
Some Free Agent

That is a solid starting core you can keep around for a couple years with a decent young bench.

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 06-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's not easy because teams would need the cap space to do it. I think Detroit would be the only team who might have enough money to pull off a deal like that. They'd have to give up some salary because both of those guys together would be close to 30 million probably.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
It's not easy because teams would need the cap space to do it. I think Detroit would be the only team who might have enough money to pull off a deal like that. They'd have to give up some salary because both of those guys together would be close to 30 million probably.

No chance we get or would want Boozer AND Bosh.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Of course any team would want both. That would be a killer front line. It worked in the Olympics. The point I'm getting at is now it's not impossible to get two big name people in our lineup and keep our core intact.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Of course any team would want both. That would be a killer front line. It worked in the Olympics. The point I'm getting at is now it's not impossible to get two big name people in our lineup and keep our core intact.

A killer front line but weak backcourt. I'd rather have Rip+Bosh+3m than Boozer+Bosh. We can get two stars but atleast one would have to be through trade (If we get someone like Boozer)
Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

It would still be a killer back court with Rip, Stuckey, & Bynum. I'm saying we can basically get someone for next to nothing if that's what a team wishes to get in return to save cap space. It doesn't have to be an even or a "fair" trade. We have enough cap space for two very good players.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
It would still be a killer back court with Rip, Stuckey, & Bynum. I'm saying we can basically get someone for next to nothing if that's what a team wishes to get in return to save cap space. It doesn't have to be an even or a "fair" trade. We have enough cap space for two very good players.

Yup, the Richard Jefferson trade is a perfect example. Bucks don't get much inn return for a good player but they lose his contract. I want to package Kwame for a starting Center, I think I team would do that with Kwame being a 4m expirir and the other team saving 6-8 mil. I have no idea which teams are taking the Bucks' approach though.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

I don't know either. We have to guess that Toronto is probably having a somewhat difficult time financially. The exchange rate is terrible right now. 1 million dollars here is worth more than 1 million dollars there and you have to think Bosh is thinking the same thing. Atlanta has talked about unloading Josh Smith's contract because they need more cap space to resign people. That's a little confusing to me because they are under the cap though. The Hornets definitely want to get rid of Chandler. If his ankle has recovered he's the type of person I would love to see in Detroit. I could handle getting him and Boozer on our team.

I do really like the idea of shipping out Kwame's expiring contract. Hey, he used to that by now anyway..... The only problem is who would be our back up center, especially if we can't land Mullens in the draft?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think people are overstating our cap space. The last # I saw were expecting the cap space to be around 17 mil. throw in obertos 3.5 and its a max of 21 or so. that is enough for one star (boozer?) and one just over MLE player (gortat?)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

If you add in a contract like Kwame's and someone else though it is about 25 million of salary. That is why I say a trade of a role player and not a core guy. The 25 million dollar range is enough for two star players per year.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I think people are overstating our cap space. The last # I saw were expecting the cap space to be around 17 mil. throw in obertos 3.5 and its a max of 21 or so. that is enough for one star (boozer?) and one just over MLE player (gortat?)

I've read 17-22m and 30m somewhere (lol) but 17 sounds really low to me. I think that might include if we sign guys like Dice and Herrmann back, I don't know. NBA trade machine seems to be down, which is what I used to use for contracts/cap space, but I'm sure there are better sites for that.Yeah so with Oberto gone it is probably 21 minimum-14 Boozer= 7m, then trade Kwame's 4m+ for a $10-$11m guy. I'm not sure exactly what the current number is but they might have enough cap space for a deal like that and to sign a backup.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: