Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Pistons should try and get Hedo Turkoglu?

There is no definite number yet I think, because the NBA hasn't set the cap. It's supposed to come down a bit and that is what everybody is waiting to see. Plus most of the players we retained will be making more this year. Typically contracts aren't a flat rate per year. They go up as the contract gets older. So Rip and Stuckey will be making more this year than they were last year for instance. With all that I think we can figure about 18-19 + whatever we save from the trade made yesterday. That's why I was thinking of trading someone like Maxiell or Kwame and we could have another stud player.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
There is no definite number yet I think, because the NBA hasn't set the cap. It's supposed to come down a bit and that is what everybody is waiting to see. Plus most of the players we retained will be making more this year. Typically contracts aren't a flat rate per year. They go up as the contract gets older. So Rip and Stuckey will be making more this year than they were last year for instance. With all that I think we can figure about 18-19 + whatever we save from the trade made yesterday. That's why I was thinking of trading someone like Maxiell or Kwame and we could have another stud player.

All very true.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #18
goldenryan
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
Will make us a contender..

C BJ Mullens( if we get him )/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ Ai
PG Stuckey/ Bynum

Only we suck at the center position.

If u ask me trade stuckey and mullens for a good center, or power foward and shift wallace to center? lol

Maybe stuckey and mullens for tyson chandler?

C Chandler/ Brown
PF Wallace/ Mcdyess
SF Turkoglu/ Prince
SG Rip/ AI
PG Bynum/ AI

contender!
sheed and ai are goners , mcdyess wants to win a championship so he will be gone to.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

The one person I think that might stick around is McDyess. I think he will wait and see what moves Joe D makes. If he does everything right we could be contenders again next year, which could entice him to resign for the vets minimum. If he wastes a bunch of money on someone like Ben Gordon we will be waiting a long time, in which case I think McDyess would be better off going to a place like Cleveland, San Antonio, Orlando, or LA.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

The East won't win next year. He is better off going to the Spurs or Lakers
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

There's plenty of teams that aren't far off. McDyess is a piece of the puzzle that could be a great fit for some team. Probably enough to get them over the edge.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
There's plenty of teams that aren't far off. McDyess is a piece of the puzzle that could be a great fit for some team. Probably enough to get them over the edge.

...nah. Just my opinion. Maybe if the cavs make some blockbuster (rip off) trade, Orlando doesn't have a shot.

Plus I don't think he will be "the missing piece" for any championship hopeful team. He will be a key factor off the bench but he should go to a team already favored to win without him
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #23
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

So here is the numbers game. The current salary cap of the current roster of rip, tay, stuckey, afflalo, maxiell, oberto, sharpe, and kwame I think is $38,752,577 (Maxiell makes $5m this year? Crap!) The 15th pick is scheduled to make $1,398,200 his first year. Which would make our team salary a total of $40,150,777. Dump Oberto's Salary and that makes it $36,650,777. The salary cap is expected to fall and I hear projections of $57m so lets use that. That leaves just a little less than $21m left for free agency. For that money we could probably get Boozer, Gortat, and a bench player. Or we could get Gordon and someone around 10m (Okur??? Probably not) So unless Kwame, Rip, or Maxiell is moved in a trade it would be hard to get Boozer and another star player on the team.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #24
dd24
College superstar

That's why I say goodbye to Maxiell or Kwame. We really need a solid center now. Cleveland just got Shaq. That's going to be a hard match up for us.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #25
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

We need some of these bull**** one sided money saving trades. God, Shaq to the Cavs? What do we get? Chandler and Chris Paul for Kwame?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Honestly, I think Joe D is thinking the same thing. That's probably why he cleared more cap space. There's gotta be a team that wants to unload a good player to save some cash. It could be something we weren't expecting.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
That's why I say goodbye to Maxiell or Kwame. We really need a solid center now. Cleveland just got Shaq. That's going to be a hard match up for us.
I honestly think the shaq to cleveland thing will work out poorly for them. and kwame does a decent job on other big centers, esp one as slow as shaq. man, that is one old and slow center rotation. I guess andy and hickson is the rotation at the 4? Does Z start the second game of back to backs?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #28
dd24
College superstar

The regular season will be completely different for them than the post season. Shaq is still too big to handle in the lane. He'll always be good for an easy dunk. Plus they say he is in shape again, which he hasn't been the past few years. With all the Kobe & Lebron hype, this just adds a little more fuel to the fire. I am sure the NBA would really love a Cleveland/LA finals now. Shaq has more left than people give him credit for. When he was the go to guy in Phoenix for that span last season when there were injuries he still dominated the games. A guy like him and Lebron who physically just can't be covered makes for a tough team. What they really need are a couple perimeter shooters now. That will open up the lanes more for those two.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: