Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

Default Coach Skilles Gives Jennings The Starting Nod

Jennings Given Starting Nod!!!

Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles announced today that he would be starting Brandon Jennings over Ramon Sessions, "I know Ramon was supposed to be our 1 guard of the future, but Jennings just has more talent. I believe that by starting him, we as a coaching staff can bring out his potential. I, being a former point guard, will be instrumental in developing Brandon into hopefully one of the NBA's premier point guards."

Brandon had a few words to say about being given the starting job for the Bucks, "It's nice to see that SOMEONE actually respects my ability. I'm gonna prove to the NBA that I'm the best point guard in the draft. I'm sick of all this Rubio talk! Like I said before, that fool is all hype, can't wait to show him up on the court! Skiles was a very good point guard in his career, and I do believe he will be able to help me develop though."
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Maggot
Fear the deer

Default Re: Coach Skilles Gives Jennings The Starting Nod

any link or you just invented this?
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
wal0645
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Could happen; Jennings is showing in the summer league that he can be a player. Leading that league in assists and steals, plus averaging 15 points; not to shabby. Granted it's only the summer league, but you can just see this guy has got a game. When you add he's only 19, you begin to see the Bucks probably hit the jackpot big-time. Add Meeks and you basically have your backcourt for the present and future.
wal0645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal0645
Could happen; Jennings is showing in the summer league that he can be a player. Leading that league in assists and steals, plus averaging 15 points; not to shabby. Granted it's only the summer league, but you can just see this guy has got a game. When you add he's only 19, you begin to see the Bucks probably hit the jackpot big-time. Add Meeks and you basically have your backcourt for the present and future.
Obviously made up. Lineups aren't set until training cap.

I really think Meeks will be a good streak scorer off the bench. His rookie season will probably shadow Anthony Morrow... where he has a handful of games he explodes for 20+.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Maggot
Fear the deer

I see Meeks taking Redd's place in our team's future...he's just a better shooter than Redd already and it seems that Meeks is playing quality defense
He won't give us many assists and rebounds but neither did Redd
I say trade Redd and build this team round Bogut.
We have some nice young talents in LRMAM, Jennings, Sessions, Meeks and Ersan
Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
wal0645

In the past I have not been a big proponent of trading Redd, but I can see that happening now. It appears to me the team is turning the page on the Redd era and now might be a good time to move him. These teams in the West are jockeying for position with some high profile additions and someone like a Redd could really help them take it to the next level. A team like Portland would stand to benefit having a combo of Redd/Roy with all their other inside talent. There is something going around that the Bucks are interest in a former NBA PG named Carlos Arryo (could be misspelling his name). This guy has played with the Pistons and at least one other team. If this is true could it be that Sessions will not be part of the team and Ridnour will be dealt? Could our starting lineup look something like this;
PG - Jennings
SG - Meeks
SF - Alexander
PF - Johnson
C - Bogut
The Redd and/or Ridnour trade could impact the forward positions.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
PG - Jennings
SG - Meeks
SF - Luc
PF - Johnson
C - Bogut

fixed
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Sessions versus Jennings 1 on 1.

I'll take Sessions.

Sessions versus jennings running a team , and playing defense.

I'll take Sessions.

Sessions versus Jennings amount of years playing in the NBA as a career.

I'll take Sessions.

-----------------------
Do you think Skiles and Hammond really have a plan ?
If so let me ask - why didn't they trade Sessions away last year in a package that could of gained something for the Bucks ?

Hum ... lets see , have you heard any rumors that the Bucks are working a sign and trade deal for Sessions to get something back ?

Hum ... lets see , have you heard any rumors that the Bucks are working a sign and trade deal for Charlie V. to get something back ? Oh right , never heard anything either , while he just walked and is now playing for a divisional contender.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #9
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Sessions versus Jennings 1 on 1.

I'll take Sessions.

Sessions versus jennings running a team , and playing defense.

I'll take Sessions.

Sessions versus Jennings amount of years playing in the NBA as a career.

I'll take Sessions.

-----------------------
Do you think Skiles and Hammond really have a plan ?
If so let me ask - why didn't they trade Sessions away last year in a package that could of gained something for the Bucks ?

Hum ... lets see , have you heard any rumors that the Bucks are working a sign and trade deal for Sessions to get something back ?

Hum ... lets see , have you heard any rumors that the Bucks are working a sign and trade deal for Charlie V. to get something back ? Oh right , never heard anything either , while he just walked and is now playing for a divisional contender.

you have to be joking
Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

you must be ....

I'd strongly advise - print my post , look at it in about 10 years then compare the players careers.

As for anyone's assumption that a 6'1" guard other than named CP3 thinks they can contend and defend guys that are 6'5" or larger JJ,Kobe etc etc ..
you are dreaming.

lastest news of the day Sessions has 3 teams interested and not a peep out of Milwaukee ,,, including as my post stated "have you heard of any sign and trade deals" ???
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #11
Hillabale
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
you must be ....

I'd strongly advise - print my post , look at it in about 10 years then compare the players careers.

As for anyone's assumption that a 6'1" guard other than named CP3 thinks they can contend and defend guys that are 6'5" or larger JJ,Kobe etc etc ..
you are dreaming.

lastest news of the day Sessions has 3 teams interested and not a peep out of Milwaukee ,,, including as my post stated "have you heard of any sign and trade deals" ???

Don't sweat it, Jasper. It sounds like Sessions won't be getting the full $35M offer he is seeking. Count on the Bucks matching anything less. Almost all of the moves to date have been intended to put the Bucks in a position to match. Sessions is in their plans for the future.

As for Maggot... last summer he thought Ridnour was the answer.
'nuff said.
Hillabale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
wal0645

I don't see us signing Sessions for that kind of money, even if it's in the 25M range. That kind of thinking is what has paralyzed the team since we were last competitive in the early 2000. First paying Redd, then in succession folks like Gadz, Bell, even Bogut. Look at all the dough we have invested in these guys and what has it got us? Sessions is a nice player, but he hasn't shown the consistency to warrant that pay raise. I would let him walk seeing as how Jennings will show some flashes this season, but stands to really get better after that. Why pay Sessions who has some potential when we already have that in Jennings. Keep Ridnour and his expiring contract for another year or beyond to compliment Brandon. I would also play Alexander at SF to see if he can cut the mustard and if not look to fill that void either in the 2010 draft, FA in 2010, or trading Redd. Bogut is pretty solid if he stays healthy, Redd is a very good SG, and Amir Johnson seems a better fit than CV was. I can see us winning 30-35 games if Alexander and Johnson pan out and Bogut/Redd stay healthy. Jennings will be an upgrade over Sessions in my opinion.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

you just contradicked yourself , saying the team wasn't going no where before , and now you are saying Jenning's is the answer with role players getting you 30-35 wins.

Holy $hit lets celebrate
Old 07-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #14
wal0645

Jasper; I was only stating that the makeup of the squad might give us 30-35 wins if everything fell into place. I don't think and you will agree that 30-35 wins is a successful season. We won 34 in 2008/09 even without Redd/Bogut for most of season and to me that was because Jefferson had a solid season, Skiles was the coach, and Sessions did have a few games where he played really well. Basically the makeup of this team going into 2009/10 is a center with questionable health, a one-dimensional SG, two forwards who are bench players, and a rookie point guard who will take a few lumps. When you add a crummy bench, but a pretty decent coach; that is why I said 30-35 wins best case. I am also saying we have a recent history of terrible contracts and Sessions would add to the list now that Jennings has been drafted, so I favor letting him walk because I feel Jennings will be a better player. Being successful is making the playoffs and pushing if not prevailing over the top teams and we are no where near close. In the immediate future maybe there is some hope with guys like Bogut, Jennings, Meeks, Moute, and maybe Alexander.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
In the immediate future maybe there is some hope with guys like Bogut, Jennings, Meeks, Moute, and maybe Alexander.

ZERO hope.

I appreciate your interest in the Bucks.
Let me ask you as I pointed out in so many posts :

What did the Bucks gain , by letting a top 8 SF in Jefferson move to Spurville ?
Yes they got some old dud's that will come off the books as well as flexible money options.
(clue - this would of opened up options to sign both Charlie V. as well as Sessions)

What did the Bucks gain , by letting Charlie V. - walk ?
(clue - where was the sign and trade deal - that would allow the Bucks to get something back for a young PF that teams had interest in)

What will the Bucks gain by letting Sessions - walk ?
(clue - where was the sign and trade deal - that would allow the Bucks to get something back for a young PG that teams have interest in)

Please enlighten me - -- -

FYI - Hammond said he wanted a team to be competitive and become an elite team , looking at last years 1st team , if healthy I felt they could easily be the 4-5 seed in the East , and with develpment under Skiles become with in a 1-2 years a top team in the East.

Hey what the hell - lets rebuild for the umpteenth time -- -- -->
or sell the team as I foresee.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: