Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation
Default Half court 2on2's

So, school's over, and I can finally play ball everyday, all day long

I have some questions tho;
-What are some of the better offensive moves in a 2on2 HALFcourt game? In a full court game, you can just blow past your defender, but in halfcourt games you start slowly, with checking.
-3 years ago I had this diving accident (caisson disease) and I slowly rehabilitated, but my overall stamina really s*cks. Does anyone have a good training schedule (beside suicides all day long xD) to increase stamina and won't interfere with the vert. training (Vert. Bible)?
-I've seen soooo many players ice their knees. Do amateurs do this to? Or is a hot-cold-cold-hot-cold-cold (40-30-20/40-30-20)shower enough?

Help appreciated!!
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Half court 2on2's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprageex

-What are some of the better offensive moves in a 2on2 HALFcourt game? In a full court game, you can just blow past your defender, but in halfcourt games you start slowly, with checking.
-3 years ago I had this diving accident (caisson disease) and I slowly rehabilitated, but my overall stamina really s*cks. Does anyone have a good training schedule (beside suicides all day long xD) to increase stamina and won't interfere with the vert. training (Vert. Bible)?
-I've seen soooo many players ice their knees. Do amateurs do this to? Or is a hot-cold-cold-hot-cold-cold (40-30-20/40-30-20)shower enough?

Help appreciated!!

Stay away from long distance running, etc. It helps your slow twitch mucsles but takes away from your fast twitch.

I would stick to suicides, plyometrics, sprints, jumping rope, and anything that is short term explosive.

Better offensive moves in the halfcourt!!! This is where polishing your game pays off. When you check ball, you can do ANYTHING in a triple threat stance. Beating someone off the dribble is much easier when you first put it down, especially once you make the defender respect your shot. They play you too loose? open jumper. They play you too tight? blow past them. Defender is playing you really well and can't do neither? Well it's 2on2 get that pick n roll-pop going. I mean if you have the handles and flow to dance around defenders it's always a plus but if your fundamentally sound it's even harder to be stopped
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

drive to the basket and pump a fake pass to your teammate on whatever side

then go in for the lay-up

really exaggerate the fake and the defender will always bite, it's just instinctive

it's a pretty easy move, but it's flashy and effective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrttbk6HtI, if you go to 0:51 you see a good example of the move

works like a charm
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Stay away from long distance running, etc. It helps your slow twitch mucsles but takes away from your fast twitch.

I would stick to suicides, plyometrics, sprints, jumping rope, and anything that is short term explosive.

Better offensive moves in the halfcourt!!! This is where polishing your game pays off. When you check ball, you can do ANYTHING in a triple threat stance. Beating someone off the dribble is much easier when you first put it down, especially once you make the defender respect your shot. They play you too loose? open jumper. They play you too tight? blow past them. Defender is playing you really well and can't do neither? Well it's 2on2 get that pick n roll-pop going. I mean if you have the handles and flow to dance around defenders it's always a plus but if your fundamentally sound it's even harder to be stopped

how does long distance running take away form your fast twitch?
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG000

really exaggerate the fake and the defender will always bite, it's just instinctive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrttbk6HtI, if you go to 0:51 you see a good example of the move

works like a charm

That works so much, I use it a lot and it's a good move.
Sometimes I even fake that i'm gonna throw it into his face so he moves his hands in front of his face and you won't be worried about getting blocked.
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
how does long distance running take away form your fast twitch?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009...s-do-you-want/

this is not the best example when i find the better article i will post
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Help appreciated!!

Well, for me, I just use a lot of Pick 'n' Pop/Roll stuff and isos. Simple stuff here. When you go iso, though, try to mix it up and use really good fakes. If you execute properly, most of the time, the defender will bite. As for your stamina, your plyometrics should help a lot. One reason why you're stamina's down though could be that you're not warming up properly before engaging in games. For the showers, I can't really help you.

Hope this helps.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

I absolutely hate 2-on-2's. They are the worst form of basketball. You're constantly in action with no rest (which is why I also hate 1-on-1's). And if you're anywhere near as unfit as me, you'll come to hate it too.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have found that the best plays for 2v2 are the pick n roll/pop or the give and go. For training you really should be doing suicides, they are the best for stamina.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
I absolutely hate 2-on-2's. They are the worst form of basketball. You're constantly in action with no rest (which is why I also hate 1-on-1's). And if you're anywhere near as unfit as me, you'll come to hate it too.

you probably shouldnt let yourself get that unfit if you ball
Old 06-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG000

works like a charm

here's a walk through of the move by jason kidd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvcaTxYPe4
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: