Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
Looptroop
I airball my layups

Looptroop has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Shaq Traded To Cavs!

Anyone else think Shaq needs to hang it up soon? I can't stand seeing an eccentric yet relatively dignified figure become a bit of a journeyman. This has to be his last year right?
Looptroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looptroop
Anyone else think Shaq needs to hang it up soon? I can't stand seeing an eccentric yet relatively dignified figure become a bit of a journeyman. This has to be his last year right?

If he's planning on becoming a sheriff after this, I don't see how he's thinking of retiring.

If he can't be in shape to run in the NBA, how will he be in shape to be a sheriff?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a good signing for the Cavs. They won alot of games last year, this just reinforces them across the front court and they got it for nothing really.

Shaq will give them a solid 25 minutes? or so at the position and just like last year he doesn't have to carry the team but he's still such a huge threat in the paint that it's going to open things up for Lebron. Even at his age, if teams ignore Shaq and focus on stopping Lebron they are going to get killed in the paint.
Now all they need is a perimeter defender who can cover 3's and 4's and they'll be on their way to winning another 66 games.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #19
JetDeveloper
I airball my layups

JetDeveloper has an OK reputation so far

Shaq is not quite the powerhouse he was during his 3 Lakers titles. They should have got Yao instead.
JetDeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #20
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDeveloper
Shaq is not quite the powerhouse he was during his 3 Lakers titles. They should have got Yao instead.
Yahoo news said his foot did not heal and out indefinitely

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

I have a question for you guys, is Shaq-Lebron a threat to the Lakers?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #21
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi

I have a question for you guys, is Shaq-Lebron a threat to the Lakers?

NO. It will definitely help them out against the Magic, but I still don't see the Cavs going through the Lakers team with just this move by itself.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #22
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol Gasol is fast for a PF of his size.

If they start both those guys together, teams will average about 200 ppg on them. Kobe will score 100 on them if that happens.

LMAO.....I was going to say the same thing.....that would be the worst idea in NBA history. The work of a suicidal coach.....he may as well wear a shirt that says "Fire Me". Gasol would beat them up and down the court even if he stopped to tie his shoes........Kobe would go for 101 and break Wilt's record!!!
Hell, Gasol may go for 102 points!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LMAO.....I was going to say the same thing.....that would be the worst idea in NBA history. The work of a suicidal coach.....he may as well wear a shirt that says "Fire Me". Gasol would beat them up and down the court even if he stopped to tie his shoes........Kobe would go for 101 and break Wilt's record!!!
Hell, Gasol may go for 102 points!!!!

loool On second thought, maybe fans would pay to see all those games and cavs would be so rich to see the "slowest lineup" in NBA history.

Thats a sight to see. I'd love to see Nellie's Warriors running on that lineup.

Gasol would start at point guard. Sh!t even if we had Kwame, Kwame would run enough and put up enough shots to get 50 points
Old 06-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #24
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDeveloper
They should have got Yao instead.

One of Yao's feet is made out of KFC scraps and Duct tape. He is out indefinitely. And he is not on the block. And Steve Kerr cant work for the Suns AND the Rockets. And....
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #25
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

Yes! I hope LA resigns Odom and Ariza. Kobe Bryant is a garbage ass player i honestly hate him and everybody is jumping on the Kobe Bryant bandwagon
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
Yes! I hope LA resigns Odom and Ariza. Kobe Bryant is a garbage ass player i honestly hate him and everybody is jumping on the Kobe Bryant bandwagon

lol hey TH50.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #27
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a good deal for Cleveland. Wow there are some teams in the league getting better and fast. Shaq is definitely better than Ben Wallace and Pavlovic (sp). It's an upgrade for them. We really need to see where Rasheed Wallace ends up. He wanted to be on Cleveland or SA last season I believe. He would be that PF who could gaurd people on the perimeter and knock down an outside shot. If Cleveland lands him or a player that can do that watch out.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The plot thickens.... Apparently Nash requested the trade.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/25/s...-to-be-traded/
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #29
kobedablackmamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobedablackmamba has an OK reputation so far

we still got kobe, mates...
kobedablackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: