Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Okay...Now what's next?

With the newest acquisitions/trades. Who will be the next big name player they will get & when?
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Okay...Now what's next?

I would make a serious move in FA. Obviously they are rebuilding and looking towards the future and in 3 years the Nets will be a top 4 team in the east, but i would make a little noise in July by picking up any one of these players in order:

1. Carlos Boozer (4)
2. Hedo Turkoglu (3 or 4)
3. Brandon Bass (4)
4. Linas Kleiza (3)
5. Drew Gooden (4)
6. Shawn Marion (3)
7. Ron Artest (3)

I would love the pickup of Boozer, But to save cap space, i would probably pick up a dude like either Kleiza and play him at the 3 or Bass and Gooden and play them at the 4
Kleiza set to make - 2,705,723
Bass - 826,269
Gooden - 1,484,029

Then i would get rid of or do a trade for Ager, Simmons, and Boone (especially Simmons to get rid of his hefty contract)

Now that i think about it, if we can shave simmons contract and pick up Boozer or Hedo, that'll be a good move i think.

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 06-28-2009 at 12:10 AM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

i just dont know what we could get.. i mean we are a rebuilding team.. everyone whats to get one year contract or maybe one plus player option... so day could get more value or just so se what is gonna happen... me i would trade YI agger swat najera.. and hope we could get some pieces to the puzzle... or somethink... but the querstion is who wants to play for a rebiulding team... so that is what is hurtin me...
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Just tank it this season and get a high draft pick is what I vote for. Maybe trade off Devin if you get a nice piece.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just leave the roster the way it is. No matter who the Nets sign, they are not a championship contender next season. Get the young guys some experience, get a nice draft pick, sign one of the big name FAs in 2010, and hope for the best.

Devin Harris, Coutney Lee, Brook Lopez is a solid core. Just need that superstar.
IlliniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Just leave the roster the way it is. No matter who the Nets sign, they are not a championship contender next season. Get the young guys some experience, get a nice draft pick, sign one of the big name FAs in 2010, and hope for the best.

Devin Harris, Coutney Lee, Brook Lopez is a solid core. Just need that superstar.

i got faith in my boy T-Will

I really think he will turnout to be an NBA allstar one day maybe a better version of Corey Maggette

SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

IS T-Will going to play SF or SG? I would assume SF since they have both LEE and CDR...
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Just tank it this season and get a high draft pick is what I vote for. Maybe trade off Devin if you get a nice piece.

better be a REALLY nice piece...I'd rather keep devin
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
better be a REALLY nice piece...I'd rather keep devin

Devin's turning 27 next season. It may take us 2 or 3 years to actually rebuild this team.. I'm not sure if he's capable of leading when he's nearing 30. I wouldn't mind trading him for a young point guard prospect--like a Jonny Flynn (if he's available), Rondo, or maybe even Monta Ellis.

We probably won't though; I think we're really going to find out Devin's trade value this season but if the right deal came along right now I wouldn't pass it up.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
traaaaaa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

traaaaaa has an OK reputation so far

At the very least, Terrance Williams will be entertaining.
traaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trade Devin for an allstar big

We have Rafer as a replacement
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #12
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Were not signing any big FAs this offseason. They're not going to take playing time away from the young players.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #13
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

I've been a Nets fan for a while, but if they trade Devin I'M GONE!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Trade Devin for an allstar big

We have Rafer as a replacement

I dont like the sound of that.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

alston is a streetballer and a headcase.
granted, one of the best that's ever been able to hack the NBA, but still, a streetballer and a headcase.

for a young developing team it seems critical to have some veterans who will be on the court (sorry, eduardo) who can provide a positive influence, move the ball properly, take responsibility, teach and motivate a little bit, etc.

i knew that carter wasn't going to be a net forever, but i greatly valued the positive influence that he would have exerted on the young guys just by being around here the next couple of years. so not only is dooling a better backup and influence than alston is, but now that carter is gone, where does the on-court leadership come from?

harris? i'm not convinced. as much as he's accomplished, he needs to take steps forward in a number of different areas if he's going to be the PG of the future... or at least the next 5-6 years. therefore i would not be adverse to trading him for a very good PG prospect who can grow alongside of lopez, lee and whoever else for the next 10+ years.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: