Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #226
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
A solid role player for the next 8 years and a primary ball handler that made math up problems > a dunk artist that will retire in 2 years.

And I'm not calling him the next Rip Hamilton.

No he isn't. Lee is an undersized 2 guard that was exposed during the final.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #227
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

Lee and Anderson are both still young.

That is a swap of two solid prospects. I have a strong feeling both will be contributors for their teams next year.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #228
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

ok, this is quite simple....vince, whilst slightly older does similar things to hedo- shoots it from deep, scorers all over the court, handles the ball, creates for himself and is good in the clutch.....they both do these things well, only vince does all these things considerably better than hedo.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #229
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha

I was talking about Turkoglu with that part.....

How you guys think completely screwing with a team that made the finals will help them is beyond me.

Last edited by Pharcyde : 06-27-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #230
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha
That's absolutely ridiculous to say he was exposed in the finals. Kobe is going to expose anyone he plays.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #231
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

Quote:
That's absolutely ridiculous to say he was exposed in the finals. Kobe is going to expose anyone he plays.

lol he must be a Magic fan, i never knew Lee had the potential to be "exposed"
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #232
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
Having another player alongside Howard who commands a double team > A role player who doesnt promise anything.

Role players are a dime a dozen. A skilled scorer like VC will make this orlando offense even more dangerous. Your b!tching about a player who brings nothing special.

Courtney Lee averaged 8.4. do i expect him to get better? yes, about 14ppg. Will that get Orlando a title shot in the near future? Nope.

VC is an amazing pickup. he can get 20ppg & 5 assists all while playing within Orlando's offense.
I am a big fan of VC...but he will not average 20 as a 3-4th option. Lee will be 3rd option at worst meaning it might be a lot more than 14... i'm thinking about 17-18pp
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #233
Alan
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I am a big fan of VC...but he will not average 20 as a 3-4th option. Lee will be 3rd option at worst meaning it might be a lot more than 14... i'm thinking about 17-18pp
How will Carter be a 3rd or 4th option??
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #234
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
How will Carter be a 3rd or 4th option??
They have a really deep team...

Dwight
Shard
Hedo(if he resigns)
Nelson

Last year VC averaged 20 as the #1 option...next year he wont be he #1 option...
Old 06-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #235
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Quote:

Dwight
Shard
Hedo(if he resigns)
Nelson

Last year VC averaged 20 as the #1 option...next year he wont be he #1 option...

On Offense VC will easily be top 2 option. He is the best on that team at creating his own shot. Everybody else except Howard are spot up shooters. Only player I can see him being a second option to is possibly Howard, but howard does not take that many shots per game. But if he develops some post moves during the off season then yea.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #236
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

Quote:

Dwight
Shard
Hedo(if he resigns)
Nelson

If they have vince as anything less than option 2 on offense then Van Gundy needs to be fired. you don't bring Vince to orlando to get the shots left over by lesser players
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #237
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:

Dwight
Shard
Hedo(if he resigns)
Nelson

He was our #1 for only a quarter of the season. The rest of the time he deferred to Devin and even Brook.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #238
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
He was our #1 for only a quarter of the season. The rest of the time he deferred to Devin and even Brook.
He got them involved yes... but in the clutch it was always in his hands...I never saw it in Brooks hands... but occasionally it was in Devin's...
Old 06-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #239
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
He got them involved yes... but in the clutch it was always in his hands...I never saw it in Brooks hands... but occasionally it was in Devin's...
It was in Devin's hands for the final shot. It was in Carter's hands only if Devin was having a poor shooting night.

#1 option is not limited to just the final shot. Throughout the course of the game Carter would give the ball to others before shooting himself. He didn't take over games as much as letting Devin and Brook do their thing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #240
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
It was in Devin's hands for the final shot. It was in Carter's hands only if Devin was having a poor shooting night.

#1 option is not limited to just the final shot. Throughout the course of the game Carter would give the ball to others before shooting himself. He didn't take over games as much as letting Devin and Brook do their thing.
evidence?

I dont remember that. once in a while but not all the time. He did feed brook the ball but Carter was always an option ahead of Brook.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: