Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #241
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
evidence?

Indiana, Philly, Chicago, Toronto off the top of my head. We were running exclusive pick and rolls at the end of the game for Devin to either penetrate, dish to a corner three, or for him to take a pull up jumper.

So many Nets fans were complaining that Devin was getting the ball too much at the end of the games. I guess you weren't here.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #242
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

Quote:
I dont remember that. once in a while but not all the time. He did feed brook the ball but Carter was always an option ahead of Brook.

He may be the option ahead of Brook, but he was still deferring to him a lot of times when he should've taken over. Vince is a very unselfish player and he was letting a lot of the young players develop instead of being the man. If you compared the style of play he displayed this year vs. previous it was obvious he was cruising a lot.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #243
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
He may be the option ahead of Brook, but he was still deferring to him a lot of times when he should've taken over. Vince is a very unselfish player and he was letting a lot of the young players develop instead of being the man. If you compared the style of play he displayed this year vs. previous it was obvious he was cruising a lot.

I've noticed this too. He has a bad rep of being a selfish player, but he often defers to his teammates. I think with legitimate talent, he can be a great asset.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #244
Power_Ballin
I hit open 5-footers

Vince has never played with big man a Dwight's calibre. It can be beautiful thing if he still has his legs under him. How do you stop two former dunk champions on one team??
Power_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #245
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

I think it's safe to say Vince Carter will make a return to the ASG next season.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #246
Kjeldar
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
How do you stop two former dunk champions on one team??

Take

the

charge

Kjeldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #247
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Default Re: Nets trading Vince Carter, R.Anderson to Magic for RAlston, Courtney Lee, Tony Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
That's absolutely ridiculous to say he was exposed in the finals. Kobe is going to expose anyone he plays.

When Lee is in the game, that mean the Magic had two 6'3" guard in the back court...he couldn't stay in the game because everyone was posting him up, it was a sad sight.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #248
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha
When Lee is in the game, that mean the Magic had two 6'3" guard in the back court...he couldn't stay in the game because everyone was posting him up, it was a sad sight.
Height wont matter when he puts on some muscle..We'll see.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #249
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
i hate when people exaggerate just to prove a point.

Courtney Lee is 6'5
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #250
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1

Courtney Lee is 6'5

Don't hate man:

I guess Rafer Alston is 6'5" as well. C'mon man...you have to know that NBA.com does not list their actual height. Earlier some one was saying this guy could be similar to Brandon Roy Brandon Roy is at least 6'5". Lee is not. ISH has a tendency to overate guy too much, get a grip. I really like Lee but he's too undersized. If he could play point then fine, but he doesn't have a handle either.
Through out the playoff he guarded the likes of Eddie House, Ray Allen, Delonte, Mo William...not much of a size challenge there.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #251
visirale
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1

Courtney Lee is 6'5
I hate it when people are wrong...

So is Rafer 6'5" instead of the 6'2" he is listed at or is CLee not really 6'5". You make the call, sherlock.
visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #252
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Quote:
Height wont matter when he puts on some muscle..We'll see.

Man I really hope that Lee turn into a good player...I wish all player can reach their full potential. I'm just sayin'....
Old 06-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #253
visirale
Local High School Star

Haha, Sriracha, we were on the same mental page at the same time. Funny how that works.
visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #254
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
It was in Devin's hands for the final shot. It was in Carter's hands only if Devin was having a poor shooting night.

#1 option is not limited to just the final shot. Throughout the course of the game Carter would give the ball to others before shooting himself. He didn't take over games as much as letting Devin and Brook do their thing.

exactly, vince spent the majority of games last year defering to devin and devin i felt was very selfish with the ball, especially in the clutch. many times vince should of been given the bal but harris was hogging it. vince is too unselfish to demand the ball. it was a big reason for me not wanting harris to win most improved player last year.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #255
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Don't hate man:

I guess Rafer Alston is 6'5" as well. C'mon man...you have to know that NBA.com does not list their actual height. Earlier some one was saying this guy could be similar to Brandon Roy Brandon Roy is at least 6'5". Lee is not. ISH has a tendency to overate guy too much, get a grip. I really like Lee but he's too undersized. If he could play point then fine, but he doesn't have a handle either.
Through out the playoff he guarded the likes of Eddie House, Ray Allen, Delonte, Mo William...not much of a size challenge there.
Hate? i was wrong, my bad, but there was no hate. And how did i overrate him by saying he was 6'5? you guys are hilarious.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: