Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #31
bagelred
Weird

Default Re: Orlando to trade for VC from nets for Rafer, Courtney and Tony Battie?

In related news, I predict that the Nets will EASILY be last in attendance. The Izod Center in New Jersey will be barren.

Attendance was bad even when the Nets were good. Without VC, yikes.......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #32
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Default Re: Orlando to trade for VC from nets for Rafer, Courtney and Tony Battie?

I'd really miss VC, but if he goes to Orlando I will most definitely be cheering for him next year with the Magic. They could be a very nasty team.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #33
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
In related news, I predict that the Nets will EASILY be last in attendance. The Izod Center in New Jersey will be barren.

true. but maybe ownership decided they would lose LESS money by dealing away Carter.
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #34
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
The New Jersey Nets are in advanced discussions to send Vince Carter(notes) to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston(notes), Tony Battie(notes) and Courtney Lee(notes), a source with knowledge of the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

If the Nets move Carter, they will draft Louisville shooting guard Terrence Willams at No. 11, if he’s still available.

The source categorgized the deal as “close” and it could be consummated by the end of the night.

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #35
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

In other news, with the Nets arena finally off the ground... well more off the ground than it was a few months ago...

perhaps the Nets are wheeling and dealing to be able to get enough cap space to sign Wade/Lebron to pair up with Harris and Lopez in 2010?

perhaps not... but Rod Thorn is definitely up to something...
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #36
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Get to work Ainge!
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #37
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

The Nets pretty much have no money. It's kind of scary. They've cut like 1/3 of their employees already. They don't have an advanced scout anymore.

This was bound to happen. The Nets need to save as much money as they possibly can and make it to Brooklyn ASAP.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

That's just not fair. If they resign Turkoglu I'm gonna kill someone.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #39
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
Get to work Ainge!
Yeah San Antonio, Cleveland and possibly Orlando have all already made big moves. LA was the champion, Boston needs a pickup if they wanna keep up.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #40
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
T-Williams should be amazing for that team.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
true. but maybe ownership decided they would lose LESS money by dealing away Carter.

You are probably right. No doubt. Word. I hear that. I gotcha. Totally.

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #42
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
well seeing as how he was the first and only offensive option on a couple of bad Raptors and Nets teams (the recent ones without Kidd and/or Jefferson), what else can you expect?

Kidd and Jefferson have only been gone a year. In Toronto, Carter was the main guy, but he was also in his prime and much younger. In New Jersey, he had a great PG that set him and the others up.

Quote:
Carter's a very underrated passer and playmaker. Give him some national spotlight in a winning system as a 2nd or 3rd option and he will start getting the love. In many ways, he's an upgrade in over everything Turkoglu does.

When he wants to be, yes. That's not his game. Hedo fit in the Magic system perfectly. No guarantee Vince will be the same.

Quote:
Plus, his "gangsta" mugshot on ESPN and player profiles does him no justice. If the trade goes down, Magic fans will see him in the interviews and get to know him better.

I personally don't give 2 sh!ts about his mugshot. I care more about how he plays and if he'll help my team. IMO, all this trade does is it gives Orlando another guard that likes to take outside shots and play minimal D.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #43
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

So does that mean Hedu is gone from Orlando?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #44
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
So does that mean Hedu is gone from Orlando?

Unless they like paying the luxury tax, yes.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #45
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Well, if this happens, VC will have a MONSTER year with Orlando. Anyone who doesn't think so just hasn't watched this guy play lately. He's a different guy from his days in Toronto. Orlando will get back to at least the ECF with VC GUARENTEED.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: