Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation
Default Nets Orlando Trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

Quote:
The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

I get the reasoning behind it but I would not of given up Ryan Anderson in the deal.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets Orlando Trade

nice... Battie is underrated and alston could be nice trade bait... as for Lee
I love his game!
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

waoo.. i dont get it.. what do we get.. not a scorer.. not a talent nothink but expirers.. i dont get it...???? can someone tell me??
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ah, this is bad... dave d is confirming the trade. all i can hope is that med tests fail, or something goes wrong.

the only real piece of value i see here is lee's potential, but i would have hoped that vince carter was worth a lot more than that... salary cap space notwithstanding.

orlando was desperate to add someone like carter to get over the hump- we should have gotten at least one #1 pick thrown in IMO.

oh well... guess i'll be a bit of an orlando fan, the same way i turned into a bit of a dallas fan with the kidd trade.

Last edited by gigantes : 06-25-2009 at 06:17 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

hmm.. now we dont have a starting sg and a sf.. grrr.. hope terrence williams is open at 11.. pleaseeeeee or clark.... grr
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

Damn Hedo and Vince might literally fist fight over who gets the ball more. I'm not to mad at the deal, but they better do something spectacular tonight to make up for the loss of Vince.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
ah, this is bad... dave d is confirming the trade. all i can hope is that med tests fail, or something goes wrong.

the only real piece of value i see here is lee's potential, but i would have hoped that vince carter was worth a lot more than that... salary cap space notwithstanding.

orlando was desperate to add someone like carter to get over the hump- we should have gotten at least one #1 pick thrown in IMO.

oh well... guess i'll be a bit of an orlando fan, the same way i turned into a bit of a dallas fan with the kidd trade.

+1. And we lost Ryan Anderson? Are really banking on Yi here?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToCarter
hmm.. now we dont have a starting sg and a sf.. grrr.. hope terrence williams is open at 11.. pleaseeeeee or clark.... grr
You dont know who courtney lee is?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ungrateful bastards!
http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/foru...71/m/747101213
Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Its so sad to see VC go, but we have to let him go.

Kiki and Thorn are doing a pretty good job actually. We can actually be like 06-07 Trail Blazers lots of young talent and now see where they are, top 5 team in the West in a couple of years.

Nets will suck this year and then get a top 5 draft pick for the 2010 draft. Where they will pick up Donatas Motiejunas. The kid is an up and coming Dirk, which we'll be able to place Brook next to.

PG - Devin Harris
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - (09 draft pick, Terrence Williams, Gerald Henderson, Earl Clark, etc.)
PF - Donatas Motiejunas
C - Brook Lopez

Plus, we'll be able to sign a big star during the free agency of 2010 just in case we get ourselves a bust by any chance.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

This is bullsh*t. Total Bullsh*t...I got no words for this right now.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Lee will be a fan fave... a nice defender with a deadly outside shot... would you rather him be traded for Wallace? We are lucky we got the magic to trade with us.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Its so sad to see VC go, but we have to let him go.

Kiki and Thorn are doing a pretty good job actually. We can actually be like 06-07 Trail Blazers lots of young talent and now see where they are, top 5 team in the West in a couple of years.

Nets will suck this year and then get a top 5 draft pick for the 2010 draft. Where they will pick up Donatas Motiejunas. The kid is an up and coming Dirk, which we'll be able to place Brook next to.

PG - Devin Harris
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - (09 draft pick, Terrence Williams, Gerald Henderson, Earl Clark, etc.)
PF - Donatas Motiejunas
C - Brook Lopez

Plus, we'll be able to sign a big star during the free agency of 2010 just in case we get ourselves a bust by any chance.

winner^^^6
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Ok but wat about CDR? They both play the same position (CDR and LEE)
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Ok but wat about CDR? They both play the same position (CDR and LEE)
and they're both just kids.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: