Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

Default Vince Carter Appreciation Thread

I really enjoyed Vince playing with the nets, he showed us so much and did so much, i will miss him but it is for the better and for the future.

My favorite moment with vince was with the game winning shot against the hawks this past season

WE WILL MISS YOU VINCE, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!
good luck in orlando, always my fav player man, keep it real
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Default Re: Vince Carter Appreciation Thread

Vince was a rolemodel here in New Jersey... This is a sad day for Nets fans, we lost our captain. but we have to look to the future and our core

Harris-Lee-#11-Yi- Lopez

one of my favorite VC moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Opom6wgy5I
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

OMG im so sad.. i would b happy if devin harris and brook went to orlando as well. ima really really miss VC. Carter u rock man gl in orlands. no doubt in my mind....orlands will win the 2010 nba championship
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

When it's all said and done, we may retire Vince's jersey. He does hold many of our records.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Why would you be happy if Harris and Lopez went with him, I would throw up if that happened...

I'm sad to see VC go. I'm so damn tired of Bruce Ratner. He's such a moron. Please just sell the team and go away so the Nets can move to Newark. PLEASE????

VC was great for the Nets. I'll never forget what he did for the Nets organization and I hope he owns some people and wins a title with Orlando. I'll be rooting for him.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Well seeing as the Nets at Orlando game is the only one i go to every year, this kinda worked out well for me. Thanks for everything vince.
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

I'm really gonna miss Vince on our team.
Probably gonna watch a bunch of Magic games this season (No guys I'm staying a Nets fan dont worry).

Seriously though, thank you Vince for all the great moments.

My favorite VC moment would probably have to be his 42 points against the Raptors in 06. He was struggling all game and was booed every time he took a breath. Then all of a sudden he scores 24 in the 4th quarter plus the game winner in his ex-fans faces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrY0fAgTjA

Vince is my favorite player of all time and it really is sad to see him go..
I hope he gets a good shot this season at winning a ring. Cant wait to see Cavs vs Magic games this season!

On the bright side, I'm excited to see what Courtney Lee can do for us. I liked him all playoffs (sub-par in the Finals). I dont expect much this upcoming season, we have a bunch of young guys fighting for playing time. I also cant wait to see Terrence Williams, he looked sick in college.

Last edited by MTing : 06-26-2009 at 01:06 AM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i will always appreciate what a nice guy, a humble guy and an intelligent guy he was for a pro athlete. even moreso since he was a superstar. not to mention how amazingly durable he was and what a solid leader and professional he was.

his play stands for itself and he will go to the hall of fame, rightly so.

i wish more nets fans and fans in general could have risen out of their immaturity and selfishness and appreciated the fullness of what vince carter brought to the table, but then i remind myself that you can't have everything.

as a person, i'm happy that vince gets to go back to his home state and spend more time at his main house with his family. also, the truth is that he was being wasted here, so it's nice to see him finally be on a championship-level team.

holy crap, i just realised that the sergeant from "gomer pyle" was also named vince carter! (i'm sure nobody here knows what i'm talking about, heh)

Last edited by gigantes : 06-26-2009 at 01:23 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i will always appreciate what a nice guy, a humble guy and an intelligent guy he was for a pro athlete. even moreso since he was a superstar. not to mention how amazingly durable he was and what a solid leader and professional he was.

his play stands for itself and he will go to the hall of fame, rightly so.

i wish more nets fans and fans in general could have risen out of their immaturity and selfishness and appreciated the fullness of what vince carter brought to the table, but then i remind myself that you can't have everything.

as a person, i'm happy that vince gets to go back to his home state and spend more time at his main house with his family. also, the truth is that he was being wasted here, so it's nice to see him finally be on a championship-level team.

holy crap, i just realised that the sergeant from "gomer pyle" was also named vince carter! (i'm sure nobody here knows what i'm talking about, heh)

SHAZAMM!!!
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
jcrudo
I airball my layups

I guess it's good for the nets future (salary dump and his age), but I'll miss him. He came to NJ and made a difference. He rarely missed games. I guess nets brass wanted to trade him while he was still valuable.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

It was great watching Vince. He played through injuries while in New Jersey and he only missed 10 games in his 5 seasons here. To demonstrate his importance to the team, the Nets were 0-10 in those 10 games.

He was a solid 20-25 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg guy here who could post up, drew double teams, shot 3's extremely well and passed as well as almost any swingman. He was an excellent leader for the young players and he was our go to guy in the clutch. He had a ton of memorable game winning shots.

My favorite moments include his game vs Toronto last season and in 2005-2006, his game winning 3 vs Utah and his 46/16/10 triple double in 2007 vs Washington off the top of my head.

It'd be cool to see him win a championship with Orlando. He'd get more respect.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
k-vil
It's Time!

I'm one of his biggest fan. Felt sad that he was traded because I wanted him to be deep in the playoffs with this team if they can not win a ring. Now that he was given a chance to play for a contender, i think he will help a lot the Orlando Magic. I'll still be rooting for the Nets guys, but i think i will follow more magic games now because of Vince. Thanks...

Last edited by k-vil : 07-15-2009 at 11:01 AM.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #14
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7hhxkh4oOs

Favorite Carter Moments with the New Jersey Nets.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
gigapika
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vince Carter-Top 10 Plays (As a Net)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxWLSyj5r0k
gigapika is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: