Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default LO or Hedo

Now that VC is headed to the Magic for big bucks..Could this spell Hedo Turkoglu could be available and if so would we take him over LO. Your thoughts please...

I would love to have Hedo and Ariza rather then LO and Ariza...

Hedo would be looking for about 10-12 mil

Do it Mitch...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: LO or Hedo

We're not under the salary cap. We can't just sign Hedo to a 10-12 million dollar contract.

Give me Lamar every day of the week.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
We're not under the salary cap. We can't just sign Hedo to a 10-12 million dollar contract.

Give me Lamar every day of the week.

Everybody knows that Jerry Buss will pay LT so, yes we can sign Hedo and let LO go. If you remember in an interview during the Finals with Kobe he said great things about Hedo that made me feel that he wants this guy on the squad. Plus, didn't Kobe say he wouldn't opt out this year.

Lakers got 3mil from NY for 29th pick plus Kobe saved Jerry money by not opt out...Some fans thinks the extra money is to resign LO,Ariza and
SB but I think it also could be for Ariza, Hedo and SB...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

I love Hedo but I think LO creates more of a matchup problem for the opposition. Prefer LO but as a "consolation prize" I'll take Hedo.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would not want Hedo over Lamar.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lamar because he's a better defender/rebounder, and is a pretty decent scorer as well.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Now that VC is headed to the Magic for big bucks..Could this spell Hedo Turkoglu could be available and if so would we take him over LO. Your thoughts please...

I would love to have Hedo and Ariza rather then LO and Ariza...

Hedo would be looking for about 10-12 mil

Do it Mitch...

I agree unless LO will take 8 mil for 2 years
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Everybody knows that Jerry Buss will pay LT so, yes we can sign Hedo and let LO go. If you remember in an interview during the Finals with Kobe he said great things about Hedo that made me feel that he wants this guy on the squad. Plus, didn't Kobe say he wouldn't opt out this year.

Lakers got 3mil from NY for 29th pick plus Kobe saved Jerry money by not opt out...Some fans thinks the extra money is to resign LO,Ariza and
SB but I think it also could be for Ariza, Hedo and SB...
There's a little matter of the CBA involved here. We cannot just sign Hedo, we are over the cap, actually we are WAY OVER the cap...lol

the only way we could sign him as a free agent is if we were roughly 12 million under the cap and since our Lakers are around 15 million over there's no way that's happening.

now we could get hedo by a sign and trade but if the magic were willing to take on another 12 mill in salary why wouldn't they just sign him and keep him? what do the Lakers have that they would want for that kind of money?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

why mess with something that not broken. even if there was no CBA and we could sign him why? someone saying the payroll will be around 100 million.... with 30 million in taxes... you are talking about 8 more million this year alone give or take.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV42
I love Hedo but I think LO creates more of a matchup problem for the opposition. Prefer LO but as a "consolation prize" I'll take Hedo.

Agree. Prefer Lamar over Hedo.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #11
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
There's a little matter of the CBA involved here. We cannot just sign Hedo, we are over the cap, actually we are WAY OVER the cap...lol

the only way we could sign him as a free agent is if we were roughly 12 million under the cap and since our Lakers are around 15 million over there's no way that's happening.

now we could get hedo by a sign and trade but if the magic were willing to take on another 12 mill in salary why wouldn't they just sign him and keep him? what do the Lakers have that they would want for that kind of money?

Thank you. My god.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #12
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

MLE
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hell No, and this is commin from someone who repeatedly posted that Hedo was a superstar last season. I really support that cat. But I would much rather have Lo.

If we are in some fantasy world,sure, both and lets see, have D-ron and birdman too. And Elgin Baylor so he can get a ring too...

A vote for Lamar is a freeking vote for CANDY. You don't vote for candy YOU MAKE EVERY CHILD IN THE WORLD CRY!

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
WiltTheStilt
I brick open layups

WiltTheStilt has decent reputationWiltTheStilt has decent reputation

The Lakers would not be better off with Hedo. Lamar Odom is more versatile and plays better defense. And how you fund this player, I do not know with the rules of the collective bargaining agreement.
WiltTheStilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

we cant afford to get hedo apparently he wants a 50 mil contract
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: