Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Welcome Hasheem Thabeet

Yeah, that's what annoyed me. Getting Thabeet hasn't annoyed me, it's that we took him over guys like Rubio, Harden and Evans, who I think will all have better NBA careers.

Thabeet would have been an amazing talent at the 5th or so spot, but number 2 is just too high, especially when there are better talents available.

If he can become the defensive force we desperately need, that would be fantastic and I really hope he does, but he was not worth the number 2 pick.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Yeah, that's what annoyed me. Getting Thabeet hasn't annoyed me, it's that we took him over guys like Rubio, Harden and Evans, who I think will all have better NBA careers.

Thabeet would have been an amazing talent at the 5th or so spot, but number 2 is just too high, especially when there are better talents available.

If he can become the defensive force we desperately need, that would be fantastic and I really hope he does, but he was not worth the number 2 pick.

The PG situation is what needs to be worked out. Is Hollins going to make O.J. a backup PG?
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No. Conley is the PG and will remain the PG. OJ might play a few minutes behidn Conley, but he sure as hell isn't going to be the starting PG. We just need to get a vet PG to play behind Conley and we're set.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
No. Conley is the PG and will remain the PG. OJ might play a few minutes behidn Conley, but he sure as hell isn't going to be the starting PG. We just need to get a vet PG to play behind Conley and we're set.

Of all the guards in the draft we didn't even get just one. Also, wtf did we draft Carrol and Young? Both of them play the same position!
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #20
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Of all the guards in the draft we didn't even get just one. Also, wtf did we draft Carrol and Young? Both of them play the same position!
Well, Young is definitly a small foward. I assume Carroll is a PF. 6'8, solid rebounder, strong post moves and a nice touch from about 15 or so feet.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

If we hadnt taken thabeet I can gurantee you that the thunder would of taken him. Thabeet was a top 3 pick.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
If we hadnt taken thabeet I can gurantee you that the thunder would of taken him. Thabeet was a top 3 pick.
Same thing can be said of Darko in 2003, Kwame in 2001, Olowokandi in 1998,& Adam Morrison in 2006.

Better their misery than ours.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I dont understand the Carroll pick at all, we could have really used a spot shooting SG.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Same thing can be said of Darko in 2003, Kwame in 2001, Olowokandi in 1998,& Adam Morrison in 2006.

Better their misery than ours.

Yeah but in all of those drafts there was a player that behind all of those guys that should of gone ahead of them.

Thabeet is the second best prospect. Its hard to accept but its true.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #25
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
I dont understand the Carroll pick at all, we could have really used a spot shooting SG.
The coaching staff were quite big on him, I think he came in for 2 or 3 workouts, possibly the most out of any other player that came in for workouts. I wasn't surprised with the pick.

The Young pick, I was surprised with, but it's an excellent steal.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:

Wayne ellington would of been great. But we traded for q-rich which is most likely why we passed on him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: