Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
NOVAwiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NOVAwiz has an OK reputation so far
Default Top FA PFs or Cs?

Just wondering who some possible canidates can be?
David Lee?
Chris Anderson?
NOVAwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Top FA PFs or Cs?

'Sheed is unrestricted and I think he would be a nice fit...he would add some toughness and some grit to this team. We could probably give him the MLE and then see whats up from there...

Chris Wilcox also intrigues me. He would be deadly in an offense like ours. Stro is out there, Gooden is out there, Amare is out there, Boozer is out there...it sucks seeing all these potent big men which is exactly what we need flash before our eyes but all we want is two guards in Foye & Miller...
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
NOVAwiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NOVAwiz has an OK reputation so far

With our two draft picks we got cash back on both. Right? So are they getting this extra money to sign a big time big guy this FA? If I remember correctly I read something where the wiz said they would go over the cap if it meant making a team that would compete for a championship.

As far as Amare goes wouldnt we have to give up too much to get him?
NOVAwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAwiz
With our two draft picks we got cash back on both. Right? So are they getting this extra money to sign a big time big guy this FA? If I remember correctly I read something where the wiz said they would go over the cap if it meant making a team that would compete for a championship.

As far as Amare goes wouldnt we have to give up too much to get him?

yeah i'm not sure about that draft pick situation but i know we had offered jamison and the fifth pick to phoenix for amare before we got foye and miller...phoenix wants butler and young and imo he's untouchable.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

If we got Chris anderson i would cream my pants.

Start his ass and watch the new league leader in blocks
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
If we got Chris anderson i would cream my pants.

Start his ass and watch the new league leader in blocks

Idont care who we get...but we need another big....like now
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
GiveItToBurrito

I think that Andersen, Gortat, Pachulia, Varejao, etc. are going to be too expensive for us, and that we really just need a Ruffin-type who can come in for ten minutes, foul the **** out of people, rebound, and maybe block a shot. Blatche and McGee deserve 20 minutes per game, Haywood and Jamison will play at least 30, and we just don't have the minutes to make it worth while to sign another guy and put off developing some genuinely talented young bigs.

My "dream" (if you can even call it that) guy would probably be McDyess (great rebounder, good defender, and can hit the 15 footer if he's open), but even he might be too expensive for us. Ideally, we'll sign Shelden Williams, since he defends, rebounds, and plays with a relatively high iq. He can't score AT ALL, but we won't really need him too if we've got one or two guys at four positions who can drop twenty on any given night.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
I think that Andersen, Gortat, Pachulia, Varejao, etc. are going to be too expensive for us, and that we really just need a Ruffin-type who can come in for ten minutes, foul the **** out of people, rebound, and maybe block a shot. Blatche and McGee deserve 20 minutes per game, Haywood and Jamison will play at least 30, and we just don't have the minutes to make it worth while to sign another guy and put off developing some genuinely talented young bigs.

My "dream" (if you can even call it that) guy would probably be McDyess (great rebounder, good defender, and can hit the 15 footer if he's open), but even he might be too expensive for us. Ideally, we'll sign Shelden Williams, since he defends, rebounds, and plays with a relatively high iq. He can't score AT ALL, but we won't really need him too if we've got one or two guys at four positions who can drop twenty on any given night.

To tell you the truth, i'd rather have Antonio Mcdyess then all those guys you named.

Andersen is solid yet he is gonna want some big bucks

Gortat is an below-avg big man with no particular skills

Varejao is a soft goon with no post game and no shot

Pachulia is eh, nothing wows me about him

On the other hand, Mcdyess can rebound well, defend well, can play PF/C and has a respectable jump shot from the baseline or wherever they used to leave him open on Detroit. He is getting old but he could give us quality minutes and hopefully Blatche/Mcgee can learn a few things and/or step up.

I like what our team is doing, adding depth and quality players, we just need to be injury free and we can make some noise in the nation's capitol
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #9
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Andryzev Pockleha from Russis is an NBA free agent and his stats on the NBA site don't look that bad. There's even footage of him in the olympics:

www.nba.com/international/players/pockleha/
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #10
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

All those players are looking for paydays and yeah McDyess would be perfect. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Again, the key to next season is being healthy. That's it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: