Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Christian Eyenga ?????

Seriously what is the point of this pick ? I knew we weren't going to get much at #30, but we could have gotten something. This guy will almost certainly never set foot on an NBA court, and there were plenty of solid players left.

Chase Budinger
DeJuan Blair
Sam Young
Jodie Meeks
etc.

They might not be stars but you know they'll be solid bench players.

Only possible reason I could see for this is that management didn't want to spend the money, but really a 30th pick costs very little.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Christian Eyenga ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Seriously what is the point of this pick ? I knew we weren't going to get much at #30, but we could have gotten something. This guy will almost certainly never set foot on an NBA court, and there were plenty of solid players left.

Chase Budinger
DeJuan Blair
Sam Young
Jodie Meeks
etc.

They might not be stars but you know they'll be solid bench players.

Only possible reason I could see for this is that management didn't want to spend the money, but really a 30th pick costs very little.

Did you see the video they posted....it looked like a scratchy video filmed at a YMCA in a small french village
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

guys. it seems terrible but i think i'm actually ok with this pick. i mean he did play for Rubio's team in spain for a little bit, and he meausures out ridiculously. so we can play him in the summer leagues and training camp, and see if he can be like Portland's starting 3, Nic Batum(a defensive presense who can hit 3s) and if he can, we can have him either start him instead of west to defend the bigger guards or bring him off the bench. and if he's raw enough we leave him in Spain, he gets better and he doesn't count toward the cap. but honestly i'm just talking myself into this one... at least we picked up Danny Green
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was pretty mad when we drafted this guy. There's no doubt that Christian has lots of potential, but there was plenty of guys that we could've drafted and had come in RIGHT AWAY.

-Sam Young
-Chase Budinger
-Jodie Meeks
-Blair
-etc

We need to trade him and maybe a future 2nd rounder for one of those guys becuase we need help THIS YEAR and not in a couple of years.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I was pretty mad when we drafted this guy. There's no doubt that Christian has lots of potential, but there was plenty of guys that we could've drafted and had come in RIGHT AWAY.

-Sam Young
-Chase Budinger
-Jodie Meeks
-Blair
-etc

We need to trade him and maybe a future 2nd rounder for one of those guys becuase we need help THIS YEAR and not in a couple of years.

trust me. i was pumped to have Sam Young or Budiner potentially fall to us... and was devestated to pick up Christian... right now i'm just trying to make myself feel better lol. i'm just really hoping that he actually pans out now
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

Look, Christian Eyenga fits in perfectly with the Cavs. He will do good for the cavs. Now maybe trade danny green, but hopefully we keep christian eyenga.
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Danny Ferry talking about Christian Eyenga and his athletic ability

Danny claims Christian can get his elbow almost above the square

lol Christian has a learn English in 100 days book

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 06-26-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

You guys should read what Wine & Gold said about him (if you don't know him, he's a Cavs insider, he posts on realcavsfans)

Quote:
I've never in my life seen a kid of such limited game experience do the things with the ball I've seen this kid do so naturally....

I'm not going to throw undue pressure on such a raw talent, but, just let this kid get his experience and time in the game over the next year or two.

When it's time for this kid to hit the US ....just save this little piece I'm writing now and remember the name and what I've written.

I'm saying no more about this kid til he shows up here and is ready for this level.

But, when I tell you I've never seen a player with his level of play experience do some of the things I've seen this kid do .,.,we're talking decades in this game, and am including a young star I've spent time with out of Akron... OK ?

Just some collective athetic attributes he displayed with the ball leave you with your mouth open at times.

Quote:
We had 28 teams scratching their heads last night I think ... one team wasn't laughing .. and, a select few people would like to kill a few of our scouts and Danny Ferry right now.

Quote:
He came in today and we ran him through some drills.

I have been given the impression that he absolutely dropped the jaws of everyone present with his athletic ability.

Just his raw jumping ability, he was able to just about touch the top of the backboard.

No joke.

Handles the ball very well ...

Shoots well

Runs like the wind..

Everyone knew he was likely going to open some eyes with his athleticism, but, even being prepared to likely see something special in that regard, they were all blown away.

Looks like we do have a very special special athletic talent.

Now, we need to formulate a plan of attack to get him developed and ready to play at this level.

We're dealing athletically with a kind of talent that would be seen as upper 1% ...there with the best that have played the game.

However, he's still extremely raw and needs at least 2 years to develop. He didn't play organized basketball till last year or something like that.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
dr aj
I airball my layups

dr aj has an OK reputation so far

thanks for the post mikael, i also read that on rcf.

we picked up JJ hickson last year, no one had any idea about him, he did alright as well. ferry is a smart man.
dr aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

This guy is an athletic frea. in a couple of years he'll be the D-Ho of SGs
Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Christian is going to be a solid role player in the NBA.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Christian Eyenga Amazing
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #13
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I probably won't bother worrying about him until it's around the time he makes his NBA debut, then I'll see how he's developed the last year or two. Great athlete obviously, but will he mature and get better is the question? The Cavaliers must have been scouting this guy hard since almost no one heard of him. When the Cavaliers picked him on ESPN the whole panel was totally silent because they were like "Who the fuck is this guy?" LOL
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the Cavs.

BUT I LOVE THE LAKERS.

Now, Dejuan Blair Would have been nice for you guys, REALLY NICE. The guy can Bang. Let em play with Shaq... FORGET ABOUT IT.

So you guys have a line up of
Shaq

Lebron
West
Mo Williams

I say you guys need a pf that can stretch the floor BUT can play defense and rebound.

Mcdyess? Sheed?

Having a forward like that can stretch the floor for you guys, unless you..

PLAY LEBRON AT THE 4. The guy can guard almost any 4. Then you bring in a defensive 3 who can just knock down that open 3 to spread the floor for lebron and Shaq.

This squad could be sick. I still like Shaq and I like him being in Cleveland.
Pretty Deep Team.

Big Z needs to be moved.. Use em as trade Bait or something..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Big Z needs to be moved.. Use em as trade Bait or something..

I don't want him moved and I don't think he's ever going to get moved. He'll come off the bench and be solid off the bench.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: