Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
dealer77
I open layup bricks

dealer77 has an OK reputation so far
Default Even Detroit's Nicer than Minnesota...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...cky-Rubio.html

Quote:
The day before the NBA draft, Ricky Rubio played word association.

I said "Sacramento," and he said "Nice weather."

I said "Oklahoma City," and he said "My best friend lives near there."

I said "Minnesota," and he said "Too cold."

Would he come to Detroit? Who's to say? Who would we have to give up? Is it even possible?

Personally, I think Ricky would be tremendous, and I'd be willing to part with "building blocks" or "cornerstones" of our franchise in order to get him.
dealer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even Detroit's Nicer than Minnesota...

He is the biggest question mark in the draft. I don't want him until I've seen him play pro ball.

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 06-26-2009 at 11:32 AM.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer77
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...cky-Rubio.html

Would he come to Detroit? Who's to say? Who would we have to give up? Is it even possible?

Personally, I think Ricky would be tremendous, and I'd be willing to part with "building blocks" or "cornerstones" of our franchise in order to get him.
while Minneapolis does have very cold winters, its a much more vibrant city than detroit currently. Sad to say really, but detroit (and all of SE michigan really) is not a desirable place right now. besides, rubio is going to bust big when he comes over here.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Minneapolis actually isn't a bad place. I like it there. It might be a little colder than MI but it's actually kind of an expensive city with some nice stuff. I'm not willing to take a gamble on Rubio. Who even knows if he'll be playing in the NBA in the next two years. Leave it up to Stuckey. Let's see what he has coming into the season. I'm sure his game has gotten better. If Stuckey busts this season than I say trade him while his stock is decent. I don't think it will come to that though. We don't have enough to trade for Rubio anyway. I'm not giving up Rip or Tay for someone who hasn't proved themselves in the NBA yet.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: