Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Improving at the free throw line is key for the Bulls

Ben Gordon has a blog on the Bulls website in which he states if he's going to improve his points per game he will have to be more agressive on the way to the basket to get to the line more often. I think this should be a focus for all the players on the Bulls because last year the team didn't get to the line much until the end of the season. Not only must the team get to the line more often, but some individuals must improve their free throw shooting overall. You saw what happened at the end of the Bulls first preseason game, Michael Sweetney almost cost the team the game by missing both free throw attempts in crunch time. Thanks to Andre Barrett he saved everyone in the last seconds. Last year in fact there were a couple games in which the Bulls lost due to poor free throw shooting in crucial situations. No wonder so many people say the Bulls don't score a lot of points, free throws are a big part of the game.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation
Red face

yo i totally agree that the bulls defiently need 2 get 2 the free throw line alot more this year...and most important when they get there they need 2 make them....last year almost every game they got out shot at the free throw line and thats just unacceptable......ben gordon hit the nail on the head because free throw are a very big part of any basketball game and i hope he drives more to the lane this season and gets there..im sure he will....i know ben wallace is the only exception because he will never be a good free throw shooter(he just doesnt posess the mechanics/confindence)..but i still love big ben....as for the rest of the bulls..we have some good shooters from the line as in deng,hinrich,gordon is decent,p.j.,nocioni..and some of the reserves....we'll b allright but we definetly need 2 get to the line at least 10 more times a game this season............
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: