Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and cash

Quote:
Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and cash, a source close to the Wizards tells me.

http://twitter.com/sam_amick
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
steve

Default Re: Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and cash

Well, that gets the Wizards under the luxury tax. Wonder if they're thinking about holding on to Z.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
scott0326
Local High School Star

Default Re: Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and cash

My bad. Mods please delete my thread.

Also, I doubt they hold on to Z, it doesn't make much sense. They are obviously not going to win this year so they might as well let Blatche and McGee play.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
steve

I was thinking more along the lines of being jerks rather than trying to win.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
scott0326
Local High School Star

Default Re: Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
I was thinking more along the lines of being jerks rather than trying to win.
Yeah, I could see why but it would be pretty pointless IMO. Its not like Big Z is an asshole or anything, Wizards don't need/want him and basically gave Jamison away and Z isn't in future plans. So it would make more sense for Wizards to just buy him out.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: Kings to acquire Washington's Dominic McGuire for a future second round pick and

Buy him out right after March 1st....
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
scott0326
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Now that would be awesome and id laugh if that happened.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
mamba24
read this you homer

now that they are under the tax line...its low ball time to save even more money...

Z is owed just over 4 million dollars. so if they can buy him out for say 2 mill he has lost 2 million in salary and gained 800K in the trade kicker

so only if the cavs give him the bi annual which is 1.9mill will he break even...otherwise for the vets min he makes a loss and looks like the fool...lol

this should be interesting the wiz know he wants a buyout so its now their turn to make him go back to cleveland a beggar.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
now that they are under the tax line...its low ball time to save even more money...

Z is owed just over 4 million dollars. so if they can buy him out for say 2 mill he has lost 2 million in salary and gained 800K in the trade kicker

so only if the cavs give him the bi annual which is 1.9mill will he break even...otherwise for the vets min he makes a loss and looks like the fool...lol

this should be interesting the wiz know he wants a buyout so its now their turn to make him go back to cleveland a beggar.
Or as much as you can make someone whose earned over $112 million in 13 years look like a beggar I suppose.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

I seem to remember this guy lighting up the summer league a while back. Not bad for a 10-12 man I guess.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
spursrule
Decent playground baller

Quote:
spursrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:

They'd probably have to pay him more then, since he wouldn't have any incentive to accept a buyout.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
They'd probably have to pay him more then, since he wouldn't have any incentive to accept a buyout.

good point, if they do before the 1st then they can lowball him like crazy
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 AM   #15
G.A.C.O.L.B.
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
I seem to remember this guy lighting up the summer league a while back. Not bad for a 10-12 man I guess.

He has the ability to be a 8-10 guy actually. His offensive game is whack (but improving) but he's the type of player who will stick around the league for a decade based on a niche, i.e. playing defense. He's very active on that side of the ball, athletic and long, aggressive, etc. I'll miss him here in D.C. Good guy. Mature, hardworking and not an assclown like most of the fools we had/have here.
G.A.C.O.L.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: