Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Welcome Hasheem Thabeet

Hope to see you traded before dinner time.

At least 2 other teams passed on Rubio. So we won't be known as the sole team who passed on him.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Welcome Hasheem Thabeet

As long as his lanky arse is outta Memphis by the end of the week, I might be slightly pleased.

Right now, I want to stab those f*cktards in our FO.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

i second that he might be decent 5 years from now
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

KS, you have to think about it relatively. OKC and Sacto drafted guards when they passed on Rubio.

So hopefully the Grizzlies, OKC, and Sacto front offices along with everyone at ESPN saw something in Rubio which made them pass.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
KS, you have to think about it relatively. OKC and Sacto drafted guards when they passed on Rubio.

So hopefully the Grizzlies, OKC, and Sacto front offices along with everyone at ESPN saw something in Rubio which made them pass.
It's not the passing on Rubio that has annoyed me, because honestly, I would have preferred either Evans or Harden, it's picking Thabeet over all of these guys.

Thabeet is basically just legs with arms coming out of the hips. He's weak. He has no offensive game. He has no potential to develop even a respectable offensive game. His only talent is on defense. You do no waste a pick on a role player (Thabeet is nothing more than that) with the second pick.

Rubio, Harden, Evans, I don't care, any one of them would have been better.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

The only chance we get our money's worth for the #2 pick if not via trade is if Hasheem gets Ralph Samson like... which won't happen.

Lol at guys who think Marc or Hasheem can play at the 4. When I watch Hasheem, it looks like he's not too quick on his feet, no way he can share the floor with Marc.

When was the last time a #2 pick was made for a backup guy? Oh wait... Stromile Swift!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Hasheem looks like he struggles to run up the court half the time considering his torso is the equivalent to a 5 year old girl's.

Neither Gasol or Thabeet can play the 4. Both are unathletic and slow. Atleast Marc is as strong as an Ox.

I do not want to see that lanky f*cker in a Grizzlies uni next season.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Well, it's official Darko is going to New York. So it looks like Thabust is staying.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

its hard as hell being a griz fan it looks like they want to be ran out of the city.i hope we are wrong about thabeet and drafting carrol wtf
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hello.

Goodbye...

I hope.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Er thabeet? Ok no surprises in the draft for us.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Another fu***g draft night lost.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:32 AM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Another fu***g draft night lost.
It really wasnt that bad. It wasnt a "sexy" draft for us in terms of potential.But it was full of tough minded, defensive players. All of which are safe picks that were made for reason.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 AM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I hope I can come around on Thabeet. I think I'm starting to, because, thankfully, he won't be starting.

Since Darko is gone. We should keep Gasol at the 5 and just have Thabeet coming off the bench playing 20 or so minutes a game. He really isn't worthy of playing any more than that.

Although, Harden or Evans or even Rubio would have been smarter picks.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I hope I can come around on Thabeet. I think I'm starting to, because, thankfully, he won't be starting.

Since Darko is gone. We should keep Gasol at the 5 and just have Thabeet coming off the bench playing 20 or so minutes a game. He really isn't worthy of playing any more than that.

Although, Harden or Evans or even Rubio would have been smarter picks.
You're never going to come around on Thabeet, his only production will come from blocked shots and the defensive presence he brings on the court. Those things are great espescially off the bench for a 7'3 C, but then you have to think about the fact he went #2 and that will just make you angry.

I would love if even he is a Black Shawn Bradley in the NBA who could average 3+ Blocks each season, however I will never agree with him going #2 no matter what.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: