Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Okay...Now what's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
I dont like the sound of that.
yeah neither do I... but this team has changed an awful lot... I mean.. Boone has been on this team the longest....
The Nets are making a tone of changes and I already heard they offered Devin and Yi for Al Jefferson..
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If at the trade deadline a trade that involves Harris for prospects and unprotected lottery picks comes along, I say we take it. He is a nice player, but is not a franchise player.

I would jump at trading Yi and Devin for Al Jefferson(If he is healthy). A front court of Brooke and Al would be very marketable for every free agent not named LeBron James, who is obsessed with the Chinese market.

Last edited by Dasher : 06-30-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

How does Brandon Bass sound??
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #19
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

All im saying is that finding a good solid Point Guard that is a leader, is very hard to find in the NBA. I don't understand why an organizations would want to trade a young budding all star point guard. Does Harris have things he needs to work on? Yes, but it is a fact that he is an all star and will probably be an all star next year. If he really works hard he can be in the same breath as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. And I think he is our franchise player right now. If he's not the franchise than tell me who is? Brook Lopez? Courtney Lee?

Im sorry but right now, Harris is the franchise, unless or until they trade him for another franchise player. NJ will not have a franchise player for years to come. They traded Vince Carter, They traded Richard Jefferson, They traded Jason Kidd, They traded Kenyon Martin, They traded Eddie House. the way that this trend is going, they probably will trade Devin Harris...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #20
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Point guards are replaceable. It has long been the deepest position in the NBA, and nearly every team has a PG good enough to start on a championship team. Bigs are the most important, and if The Nets have a shot at an Al Jefferson-type talent, you have to jump at that. Plus, Devin is in no way shape or form a franchise talent. An offense built around his talents, won't go very far. He lacks the charisma to sell tickets, and is better thought as a complimentary player. He is on the level of Kevin Martin, another player who was wrongly thought to be a franchise cornerstone caliber player.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

making the all star team is a fool's gold way of judging the value of a player IMO. mostly it just means that you have numbers and/or fan appeal- it doesn't mean you actually make your team better. case in point- allen iverson, for many years.

conversely, every year there's several players who are so good at making their teams better without posting huge numbers that they don't make the all star team. case in point from last year- kidd, turkoglu. or you have carter, someone who fits into both categories.

and yes, lopez is the team's franchise player. as dasher pointed out, lopez' position makes him the more valuable asset than harris. not to mention his age advantage.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
All im saying is that finding a good solid Point Guard that is a leader, is very hard to find in the NBA. I don't understand why an organizations would want to trade a young budding all star point guard. Does Harris have things he needs to work on? Yes, but it is a fact that he is an all star and will probably be an all star next year. If he really works hard he can be in the same breath as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. And I think he is our franchise player right now. If he's not the franchise than tell me who is? Brook Lopez? Courtney Lee?

Im sorry but right now, Harris is the franchise, unless or until they trade him for another franchise player. NJ will not have a franchise player for years to come. They traded Vince Carter, They traded Richard Jefferson, They traded Jason Kidd, They traded Kenyon Martin, They traded Eddie House. the way that this trend is going, they probably will trade Devin Harris...
Eddie House? why would you include him... Celtics signed him BTW we didnt trade him.

Anyways of Course Devin is our Franchise player... but it remains unclear whether he can handle being the Franchise player now that Carter left... Is a scoring PG what this team needs? If we could get a Jefferson type of player it would be a very tough front court for teams to face...

As Dasher said a PG is not very hard to find... I mean... did you watch the NBA draft? there was a PG drafted every other pick...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I can see keeping Devin as a selling point to FA next season since he will be the most polished player on the roster. Outside of that, it's nothing more than having a default face for the franchise till Brook starts showing up big. Anyone remember that huge billboard of Devin in the middle of times square the beginning of the year? Yeah, that's what I mean.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Idk why everyone is talking like our future is so far away. We have so much money next summer! I say we keep devin and get another high-caliber player next year and we become instant contenders. Devin is just about to hit his prime and so are the Nets.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #25
Dasher

Would anyone be opposed to shipping off Devin to Portland for some of their young talent? A trade that revolves around Rudy Fernandez, Nic Batum, and possibly Travis Outlaw would really infuse the team with a lot youth and talent along the wings. Somehow bundling Eduardo Najera into the deal would not be a bad idea either.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #26
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Eddie House? why would you include him... Celtics signed him BTW we didnt trade him.

Anyways of Course Devin is our Franchise player... but it remains unclear whether he can handle being the Franchise player now that Carter left... Is a scoring PG what this team needs? If we could get a Jefferson type of player it would be a very tough front court for teams to face...

As Dasher said a PG is not very hard to find... I mean... did you watch the NBA draft? there was a PG drafted every other pick...

Of course i watched the draft...look all im saying is that IMO Devin Harris is a very good PG. And i keep hearing all these trade rumors about him getting traded, and everyone seems to want him to get traded, when last year most people were praising him calling him the next big thing. All im saying is the Nets should see how he performs next season, before trying to trade him off like that. And yea like someone said earlier, there are always alot of PG's to choose from, but honestly alot of them are garbage. Not many PG's in the league are messing with DH. Look, if the Jefferson deal actually went down, that would be crazy to pair him up the Lopez. I agree it's worth considering, but Harris is a very skilled PG with not many flaws. If he works on his 3pt shot, and his leadership abilities, he's going to be a hard dude to F wit...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Would anyone be opposed to shipping off Devin to Portland for some of their young talent? A trade that revolves around Rudy Fernandez, Nic Batum, and possibly Travis Outlaw would really infuse the team with a lot youth and talent along the wings. Somehow bundling Eduardo Najera into the deal would not be a bad idea either.

Yeah, I'll be down for that. Outlaw is a better version of Yi, Batum seems to be able to play defense and Fernandez would be very good. Keyon Dooling is a solid starter so I don't even see that much of a loss.

I doubt Portland does it though, they don't seem to want to give up that much and Pritchard seems to always want the better side of the deal.

Also, I doubt Ratner allows us to take 3 contracts..but I'll be down. If nothing else, it'll be a lateral move.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #28
Dasher

The Batum and Fernandez deals are just over a million a year, and Outlaw would be about 4 mill or so, but BYC rules make making a move like that difficult.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
No thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #30
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Yeah, I'll be down for that. Outlaw is a better version of Yi, Batum seems to be able to play defense and Fernandez would be very good. Keyon Dooling is a solid starter so I don't even see that much of a loss.

I doubt Portland does it though, they don't seem to want to give up that much and Pritchard seems to always want the better side of the deal.

Also, I doubt Ratner allows us to take 3 contracts..but I'll be down. If nothing else, it'll be a lateral move.
i would tend to agree about dooling- he was tremendous last season as a backup and occasional sub. in fact, many thought he ran the team better than harris in the games he started. many teams could do worse than a dooling / alston combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Of course i watched the draft...look all im saying is that IMO Devin Harris is a very good PG. And i keep hearing all these trade rumors about him getting traded, and everyone seems to want him to get traded, when last year most people were praising him calling him the next big thing. All im saying is the Nets should see how he performs next season, before trying to trade him off like that. And yea like someone said earlier, there are always alot of PG's to choose from, but honestly alot of them are garbage. Not many PG's in the league are messing with DH. Look, if the Jefferson deal actually went down, that would be crazy to pair him up the Lopez. I agree it's worth considering, but Harris is a very skilled PG with not many flaws. If he works on his 3pt shot, and his leadership abilities, he's going to be a hard dude to F wit...
sorry, but you're just not listening... which is probably why you keep saying the same thing over and over.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: