Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
UNCrules2187
Can barely lace up my sneakers

UNCrules2187 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jordan, no. Please, just stop.

Quote:
Louisville's Terrence Williams has a right to be upset. After working out against Gerald Henderson on Monday in Charlotte, Williams thought he got a promise to be drafted by Charlotte at No. 12. Larry Brown had fallen in love with him and Williams was confident enough that he skipped a workout the next day with New Jersey.

Then Michael Jordan showed up. According to sources Jordan isn't a big Williams fan and would prefer that the Bobcats either trade the pick or draft Wake Forest's James Johnson.

Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

Quote:
James Johnson is the other guy who could go here. While Williams seems to be the favorite of Brown, Michael Jordan has emerged as a Johnson fan and could end up trumping Brown. I would love to see those two duke it out. Think Larry will start chanting "Kwame! Kwame!" or maybe "Adam! Adam!"?

From Chad Ford's Draft Buzz/Mock 7.0.

I'm seriously going to cry if we draft James Johnson. Bust in the making.
UNCrules2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jordan, no. Please, just stop.

please give me terrence...
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

oh dear God...at least it's Chad Ford, I don't really take what he says with total confidence.

On another note, I read on Yahoo!'s draft buzz that we are looking to package our two 2nd rounders for a late first, but no takers so far.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
oh dear God...at least it's Chad Ford, I don't really take what he says with total confidence.

I felt that way til last year; he had us nailed to a T. He said that Jordan wanted a combo but Brown was wanting DJ. When Lopez fell Jordan wanted to take him (and we even told Lopez' camp we were taking him if he made it to our pick)...but Brown wanted DJ.

All that came out the day of the draft and I didn't believe it...until it played out exactly like Ford said. I think he has a source in our group.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Well, if last year things went LBs way, then it should be the same this year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Well, if last year things went LBs way, then it should be the same this year.

We can only hope!

If Johnson could play the 4 I could maybe stomach that choice a little better, but didn't he say he saw himself as a 3?

And what happened to Clark? Everyone projects him to be a better player than Johnson.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

if for some reason we pick johnson hopefully we can trade our 2 seconds and get a 2 or a 3
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
TH50
Banned

TH50 has an OK reputation so far

We All know Charlotte is Drafting Tyler Hansbrough.He gonna sell alot of tickets for you guys.
TH50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH50
We All know Charlotte is Drafting Tyler Hansbrough.He gonna sell alot of tickets for you guys.

I can think of worse backup PFs.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH50

were not goin to draft hansbrough unless he falls and we can get em with a trade in the 20s which isnt likely to happen
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCrules2187
From Chad Ford's Draft Buzz/Mock 7.0.

I'm seriously going to cry if we draft James Johnson. Bust in the making.

Nothing close to a bust. JJ, Sam Young and Earl Clark are better than half of the lottery picks.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This could be some kind of spin to not sound so desparate to pick Williams. Another team with a higher pick may pick up on the buzz and take a chance at snagging him before they can.

I'm pretty high on Johnson, so if he's drafted by the 'Cats tonight you guys will have a good player with a winning attitude.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
This could be some kind of spin to not sound so desparate to pick Williams. Another team with a higher pick may pick up on the buzz and take a chance at snagging him before they can.

I'm pretty high on Johnson, so if he's drafted by the 'Cats tonight you guys will have a good player with a winning attitude.
A winning attitude? From everything I've heard, he has a crappy 'tude.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: