Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #181
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Yao Ming to miss 09/10 season?

This really sucks. Yao's a great guy and he doesn't deserve to have his career go down like this. His Game 1 heroics in the WCSF was one of the best moments of the entire 2009 playoffs. If he could have given them maybe another game or two, they probably would have taken that series. This playoffs, I really came to love this Houston team and I looked forward to seeing what they could do next year barring injuries. I really hope this may be only speculation and possibly someone jumping the gun a bit, but it looks like all the constant pounding he takes every season, combined with playing for China every summer finally took it's toll on him.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #182
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i just want to give congrats and thanks to the national media, i haven't seen one "Houton We Have a Problem" headline yet. proud of you.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #183
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
i just want to give congrats and thanks to the national media, i haven't seen one "Houton We Have a Problem" headline yet. proud of you.
Good one I can't believe I didn't thought of that.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #184
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

Howard > Yao
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #185
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

I think the Rockets still have a chance. We lost Yao in the playoffs and we were still able to put up a fight with the champs. I don't think all hope is gone, but we are going to lose Artest, so things might play out different. Hopefully Ariza can do just as good as Artest did.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #186
Actinium59
I brick open layups

Actinium59 has an OK reputation so far

It's official, Yao will miss the entire season.

Quote:
Friday July 17, 2009 1:40 PM
Yao Ming To Undergo Surgery Next Week
Rockets anticipate All-Star center to be ready for 2010 training camp

Jason Friedman
Rockets.com Staff Writer

Houston - Houston Rockets center Yao Ming has elected to undergo surgery in order to repair the broken bone in his left foot.

“After much thought and reflection, I have decided to have surgery on my left foot," said Yao. "This surgery will allow me to continue my career playing basketball and I look forward to returning to the court. I would like to thank everyone who sent me their best wishes. I am very grateful to have the support of teammates, friends and fans as I dedicate myself to making a completely successful recovery.”

The surgery, which will be performed next week by Rockets Team Physician Dr. Tom Clanton at the Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine Institute, will involve a bone graft in the navicular bone of Yao’s left foot in order to promote bone regeneration.

Additionally, Clanton will also perform a surgical procedure designed to reduce the arch in Yao’s left foot by realigning and restructuring the bones in the foot. While no timetable has been set for his return to action, Yao is expected to be available for the team’s training camp in 2010.

“This combination of procedures should not only allow healing of his navicular stress fracture, but also improve the mechanics of his foot to reduce the stress on that bone and give him the best long-term prognosis," said Dr. Clanton. “This surgical option is similar to the successful procedure used by Cleveland Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas in 2001."

Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey adds: “Yao and the Rockets conducted due diligence in seeking a number of expert opinions regarding his medical options. The consensus opinion was that he undergo a procedure to heal and realign his foot. We will implement all the resources available to help him make a complete and successful recovery.”
Actinium59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: