Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Wink We gotta trade with Philly...

We gotta steal Dalembert out of this place... BC's gotta do something to get a center like that...he's young, athletic...and people fear he'll block their shots...I'll accept a Willie Green in return...

Can we trade the #1 for someone like Dalembert and who knows...Demi's husband...?
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

hell naw, i'd rather we draft lamarcus at 1
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidraptor
Can we trade the #1 for someone like Dalembert and who knows...Demi's husband...?

Samuel Dalembert is definately not worth the #1 overall pick. The guy has the potential tag written all over him but he has yet to really prove anything. Philidelphia laid a monster contract on him that would eat into our cap space heavily and last year he did little to earn it. Bottom line, if we were to trade our #1 pick for a center, I wouldn't want it to be for someone whom has potential, but already has the huge contract. I'd rather just roll the dice and take LaMarcus Aldridge out of Texas.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

If Dalembert didn't have that massive contract he'd be a nice pickup. But not in exchange for the number 1 pick. Any number 1 pick going Philly's way would have to include Iverson or Iguadala+some, which would also never happen.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Cool

yikes... im beginning to think all your posts are just... bad jokes?

'stoopidraptor'????
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They should trade Iguodala for Araujo just to set things right in this world... well at least for us Raptor fans.

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
bk15
I hit open layups

bk15 has no real reputation yet.

ld love to see samueal dalembert in T.O. how bad is his contract?
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk15
ld love to see samueal dalembert in T.O. how bad is his contract?

His contract stretches over another 5 years at about a total of 52 million dollars. The original signing was 6 years for a total of around 60 million dollars. He just played the first season of his contract though, and didn't really earn the 10+ million dollars he will eventually be making.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

dalembert over the next 5 years @ $52 million > jamaal magloire over the enxt 5 years @ $52 million (what he will be lloking for next summer)

if we could trade

#1, mo pete, eric williams

for

andre igudouala + sam dalembert

id do it (although i'd be cheeky and ask for their 1st round pick aswell)

we could sign marcus banks in free agency

banks / calderon / ukic
igudouala / joey graham
charlie V / trever ariza
bosh / hymphries / bonner
dalembert / sow / whaley

i think woudl be pretty good defensivley

as for the sixers

iverson
peterson
korver
webber
aldride

Last edited by craigthomasb : 06-10-2006 at 08:46 PM.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
mkvli
I brick open layups

mkvli has an OK reputation so far

hmm who would you guys rather have if their contracts were the same?

Magzz or Dalembart?
M. Williams or Willie Green?
mkvli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #11
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Where are all these dumb ****s coming from?
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Where are all these dumb ****s coming from?

I am not really sure but I disagree strongly with alot of the ideas being expressed in this thread.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #13
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

You guys are acting like the guy we're going to pick #1 will be any better than Dalembert and won't end up getting a big contract. Face it, Dalembert will easily be the #1 pick if he was coming out in this draft. $50million over 5 years for an atheletic defensive centre who manged close to a double double with tho chuckers on his team isn't so bad.

Oh well, I guess you guys place a lot of value of Aldridge/Bargnani/whoever that pick can get. Dalembert is easily better than Pryzbilla by a long mile and most of you won't hesitate to give Pryzbilla that kind of contract. Dalembert has a nice hookshot, Pryzbilla?...Nothing on offense. Dalembert runs the floor better and has shown the ability to be durable unlike Pryzbilla. I'll do this deal. This #1 pick won't be any better than Dalembert.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
You guys are acting like the guy we're going to pick #1 will be any better than Dalembert and won't end up getting a big contract. Face it, Dalembert will easily be the #1 pick if he was coming out in this draft. $50million over 5 years for an atheletic defensive centre who manged close to a double double with tho chuckers on his team isn't so bad.

I believe that the #1 pick will definately be better then Samuel Dalembert, if we were to pick LaMarcus Aldridge, I would expect him to get better then the 7 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks that Dalembert currently gets while earning over 10 million dollars a year. And it's not the fact that our #1 pick won't earn that eventually, it's that his 10 million dollars basically costs us all of our cap space, so basically your saying Dalembert is worth the #1 pick plus another maximum contract free agent signing we could be getting which clearly he is not. Doing this, would take away all the positives we have right now and leave us with Samuel Dalembert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Oh well, I guess you guys place a lot of value of Aldridge/Bargnani/whoever that pick can get. Dalembert is easily better than Pryzbilla by a long mile and most of you won't hesitate to give Pryzbilla that kind of contract. Dalembert has a nice hookshot, Pryzbilla?...Nothing on offense. Dalembert runs the floor better and has shown the ability to be durable unlike Pryzbilla. I'll do this deal. This #1 pick won't be any better than Dalembert.

You are looking at it irrationally, we would be getting the #1 pick and a guy like Przybilla. I don't think I would give Przybilla the type of money that Dalembert gets, but if I had too, I would as atleast it wouldn't cost us the #1 overall pick whom could be a major talent. Przybilla got 6 points, 7 rebounds and the same 2 blocks that Dalembert got, yet he wouldn't cost us the #1 pick. I mean ideally, we would just draft LaMarcus Aldridge #1 overall and then we wouldn't have to worry about wasting maximum dollars on a free agent center.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default .

#1 + large FA signing(s) for Dalembert?

Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: