Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who would be your pre-season All-American 1st and 2nd Teams?

Sherron Collins

Tyler Smith

Patrick Patterson

Luke Harangody

Cole Aldrich

2nd Team

Kalin Lucas
Evan Turner
Kyle Singler
Craig Brackins
Greg Monroe
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who would be your pre-season All-American 1st and 2nd Teams?

I think Evan turner will get on one of those teams this year.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Straight off the top of my head:

1st team:

-Sherron Collins, KU
-John Wall, UK
-Evan Turner, tOSU
-Derrick Favors, GT
-Greg Monroe, G'Town

2nd team:

-Kalin Lucas, MSU
-Willie Warren, OU
-Damion James, UT
-Patrick Patterson, UK
-Cole Aldrich, KU

3rd team:

-Isaiah Thomas, UW
-Avery Bradley, Texas
-Tyler Smith, Tenn.
-Kyle Singler, Duke
-Jujuan Johnson, Purdue

4th team:

-E'Twaun Moore, Purdue
-Manny Harris, UM
-James Anderson, OSU
-Craig Brackins, ISU
-Jarvis Varnado, Miss. St.

5th team:

-Kemba Walker, UConn
-Tyshawn Taylor, KU
-Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake
-Mike Davis, Ill.
-Ed Davis, UNC

I include freshmen because a)it's meaningless guesswork anyway, and b)I don't think it's right to include them in my reasoning for my Top 25 (which is still currently at 20) and leave them off a preseason All-America team if I think they'll be that good.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot Harangody. That's what you do when you go off the top of the head. He'd be either 2nd- or 3rd-team.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Devin Ebanks, Trevor Booker and Greivis Vasquez are three more that should be on there somewhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moore could finally realize that actually trying helps, but I think it's pretty ambitious to put him anywhere near AA status. I think Hummel has a better shot at it than him and even that's not really realistic, IMO. E'Twaun Moore is one of the more frustrating players I've watched in recent memory, doesn't help that he's on my team of course.

Also, I hate to be the "yeah...but..." guy so often. I just honestly don't retain a lot of info of guys that either aren't Boilers or potentially Pacers.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How is Vasquez still allowed to play? lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Straight off the top of my head:

1st team:

-Sherron Collins, KU
-John Wall, UK
-Evan Turner, tOSU
-Derrick Favors, GT
-Greg Monroe, G'Town

2nd team:

-Kalin Lucas, MSU
-Willie Warren, OU
-Damion James, UT
-Patrick Patterson, UK
-Cole Aldrich, KU

3rd team:

-Isaiah Thomas, UW
-Avery Bradley, Texas
-Tyler Smith, Tenn.
-Kyle Singler, Duke
-Jujuan Johnson, Purdue

4th team:

-E'Twaun Moore, Purdue
-Manny Harris, UM
-James Anderson, OSU
-Craig Brackins, ISU
-Jarvis Varnado, Miss. St.

5th team:

-Kemba Walker, UConn
-Tyshawn Taylor, KU
-Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake
-Mike Davis, Ill.
-Ed Davis, UNC

I include freshmen because a)it's meaningless guesswork anyway, and b)I don't think it's right to include them in my reasoning for my Top 25 (which is still currently at 20) and leave them off a preseason All-America team if I think they'll be that good.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot Harangody. That's what you do when you go off the top of the head. He'd be either 2nd- or 3rd-team.
I know you said off the top of your head. How about Scottie Reynolds? He'd have to at least bump out Taylor if no one else. Lazar Hayward and possibly Arinze Onuaku I would consider in there. Tasmin Mitchell is also a guy that comes to mind. Not saying they should be on your lists, just throwing some names out there. Michael Washington, Jeremy Hazell, Gani Lawal...
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1st team:
Willie Warren
John Wall
Kyle Singler
Luke Harangody
Cole Aldrich

2nd team:
Sherron Collins
Avery Bradley
Evan Turner
Ed Davis
Greg Monroe
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I know you said off the top of your head. How about Scottie Reynolds? He'd have to at least bump out Taylor if no one else. Lazar Hayward and possibly Arinze Onuaku I would consider in there. Tasmin Mitchell is also a guy that comes to mind. Not saying they should be on your lists, just throwing some names out there. Michael Washington, Jeremy Hazell, Gani Lawal...
Reynolds and Hayward are good calls but I'm not 100% sure that I'd take out Taylor in favor of Reynolds. I think Taylor might be a better player. It's like they cloned Mario Chalmers and put him right back in the same uniform the moment Chalmers left.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: