Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Default Remember that 1 guy here hyping up Dionte Christmas

He hyped up Dionte Christmas to the point that others who trust his opinion then themselves began to hype up Dionte Christmas, without ever really watching him play but agreeing that he will be a NBA player or the steal of the Draft when really he projected as the 3rd best spot shooter behind Ellington & Meeks.

Kind of funny he has something in common with Keith Brumbaugh now, take a guess.

You kept ribbing me for making claims about Keith Brumbaugh, I know I shouldnt have put expectations on him as a NBA player because there wasnt a 100% chance hed get a chance in the NBA, Now its just funny seeing how 1 guy spread the words of Dionte Christmas to everyone here and he, like Brumbaugh goes undrafted.

My guy didnt get pick, your guy didnt get picked, Fair.

Last edited by Interminator : 06-26-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: Remember that 1 guy here hyping up Dionte Christmas

who was that?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Might have been me.

I thought Dionte would go 2nd round and be the steal of the draft...

I still can't believe he wasn't drafted. If I were an NBA team I would be picking this guy up off free agency ASAP.

I'm sticking by Dionte though. I think he'll be a good player in the NBA, even though he wasn't drafted.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
who was that?
Idk, All I know is the guy claimed some type of family connection to Dionte's agent and also both were from Philly.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Might have been me.

I still can't believe he wasn't drafted. If I were an NBA team I would be picking this guy up off free agency ASAP.

I'm sticking by Dionte though. I think he'll be a good player in the NBA, even though he wasn't drafted.
It wasnt you.

I dont remember you mentioning Dionte Christmas during the season and before the Draft.

I just had to post this thread after the ribbing I received talking about Keith Brumbaugh(which I deserved for setting expectations rather than mentioning possibilities in the NBA) last year.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Might have been me.

Likewise. I felt he could come into the NBA and have a career. Someone has to pick him up and give him a chance. That guys has the tools to contribute.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Idk, All I know is the guy claimed some type of family connection to Dionte's agent and also both were from Philly.
My dad and Dionte's agent Andre Buck are good friends, they graduated in the same class. And I worked at Buck's summer camp when I was about 15 and still talk to his mom on occasion. But in my Posterize's Pro Prospects I said that "he would struggle to find his niche" in the league. And in the thread on the sleepers of this draft I explained how I wasn't too high on his transition to the league.

My Dionte appreciation has to do with me being a lifelong Temple fan and now a Temple student. Must be another poster you're speaking of.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
My dad and Dionte's agent Andre Buck are good friends, they graduated in the same class. And I worked at Buck's summer camp when I was about 15 and still talk to his mom on occasion. But in my Posterize's Pro Prospects I said that "he would struggle to find his niche" in the league. And in the thread on the sleepers of this draft I explained how I wasn't too high on his transition to the league.

My Dionte appreciation has to do with me being a lifelong Temple fan and now a Temple student. Must be another poster you're speaking of.
OK.

And that other poster is you.

Sorry I had to get this off my chest, you ribbed on me hard last year over Keith Brumbaugh.

Not saying this in a negative way but I was really hoping Dionte Christmas went undrafted just to feel even with you, and Temple sucks.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I don't get it. You said Keith Brumbaugh is better than Beasley, and he didn't get drafted. I said Christmas would struggle to find a niche in the Nba, and he didn't get drafted. Not sure where this is going.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
It wasnt you.

I dont remember you mentioning Dionte Christmas during the season and before the Draft.

I just had to post this thread after the ribbing I received talking about Keith Brumbaugh(which I deserved for setting expectations rather than mentioning possibilities in the NBA) last year.

Well, I wasn't gushing over him, but I definately thought he would be the "steal of the draft".

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125251

I guess techincally he could still be a steal...
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I don't get it. You said Keith Brumbaugh is better than Beasley, and he didn't get drafted. I said Christmas would struggle to find a niche in the Nba, and he didn't get drafted. Not sure where this is going.
Dont get defensive on me , Christmas was "Your guy" and Brumbaugh was "My guy" last year.

If you've read my posts on Brumbaugh, I clearly stated that he would need an opportunity to first get a foot in the door as a role player but talent wise he can do more than Beasley. If Christmas did get his foot in the door as a role player, do you think he could then prove he warrants a bigger role on a team?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Well, I wasn't gushing over him, but I definately thought he would be the "steal of the draft".

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125251

I guess techincally he could still be a steal...
Yeah he still needs an opportunity to get in the league, he may be better off heading to the NBDL before crafting an exact role for himself but I did feel he could maybe be a good spot shooter.

I put him in my Mock to Cleveland at #30 due to the number of workouts he had, and the fact that Cleveland could use another spot shooter due to their offense.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Dont get defensive on me , Christmas was "Your guy" and Brumbaugh was "My guy" last year.

If you've read my posts on Brumbaugh, I clearly stated that he would need an opportunity to first get a foot in the door as a role player but talent wise he can do more than Beasley. If Christmas did get his foot in the door as a role player, do you think he could then prove he warrants a bigger role on a team?
No, he couldn't. I've already said Dionte's an overseas guy. I think he was worthy of being drafted over some other guys (mainly Robert Vaden) just for the sake of being drafted. But Dionte's not an Nba player.

And Dionte was never "my guy". Jonny Flynn was my guy if you remember the thread I made way back saying I would take him over both Rubio and Jennings. But I know you have different feelings towards Flynn and that's a different debate.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lol OP is such a joke.
How could you actually make predictions on Keith Brumbaugh when you have hardly seen him play (i'm assuming).
Its not like he was the top guy in HS either.

And then making a thread comparing your blunder to another's like itsd some form of justification.
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
lol OP is such a joke.
How could you actually make predictions on Keith Brumbaugh when you have hardly seen him play (i'm assuming).
Its not like he was the top guy in HS either.

And then making a thread comparing your blunder to another's like itsd some form of justification.

I mentioned before how I got to see Brumbaugh play, and what I didnt see I would watch on highlights back when people used to see recruits via Rivals.com

Brumbaugh was ranked as high as #3 for the Class of 2005 by Rivals, and the only time he fell out of the Top 5 was in the Final Rankings. He was one of the Elite basketball recruits coming out of HS and could do it all on the court, he just screwed up continously off the court and never played D1 college ball.

When I think of a guy like Brumbaugh I think of Captain Jack who screwed up badly off the court but eventually turned his life around to reach the NBA and has been a factor after getting his foot in the door.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: