Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ariza Won't Take Hometown Discount?

Quote:
And give back the starting position to Luke Walton? Please no

Uh the FA period is not over yet. There are plenty of solid SFs out there.. look at how we got Ariza in the first place. We could essentially get Matt Barnes, who can hit the three and defend like a poor man's Ariza as well as Grant Hill for 6million dollars. Why give Ariza up to 8-9mil a year? Thats pretty ludacris, especially considering how everyone on the Lakers squad including Phil rants about how Odom is the soul of the team.

I think Mitch realizes who his thoroughbred is and who is the mutt, I'm sure most Lakers fans do as well.. you need to wake up and smell the candy.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

We should pay 5mil/yr for Ariza..if he asking 8....we can let his overrated asrsss go and get my Man Ron Ron....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
Uh the FA period is not over yet. There are plenty of solid SFs out there.. look at how we got Ariza in the first place. We could essentially get Matt Barnes, who can hit the three and defend like a poor man's Ariza as well as Grant Hill for 6million dollars. Why give Ariza up to 8-9mil a year? Thats pretty ludacris, especially considering how everyone on the Lakers squad including Phil rants about how Odom is the soul of the team.

I think Mitch realizes who his thoroughbred is and who is the mutt, I'm sure most Lakers fans do as well.. you need to wake up and smell the candy.

lool there are plenty of solid SF's out there.....and we can't afford any of them. Only we can offer Ariza more money than anyone. He was crucial to this championship run and he deserves a big payday.
If a team was run on how you wanted, you'd end up like the clippers lol
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Approx how much % do these agents get? He is saying something COMPLETELY different than Ariza, and he did the same thing for Bynum too... Seriously, the Lakers should not fall for it again like they did for Bynum. I think Ariza will end up as a Laker in the end. David Lee is just doing the talking right now to be a d!ck and hopefully try to juice out a couple more mill from the Lakers.

I think the Lakers should let Ariza test the Free-agency grounds. See how much other teams offer Ariza and go from there. I hope the Lakers have a backup plan if Ariza leaves (I personally think the backup plan should be Artest if he is willing to take the MLE)..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lool there are plenty of solid SF's out there.....and we can't afford any of them. Only we can offer Ariza more money than anyone. He was crucial to this championship run and he deserves a big payday.
If a team was run on how you wanted, you'd end up like the clippers lol

i disagree....I would not want to pay ariza 8-9mi/year...I think he is a bit overrated..byt thats my opinion..and the other guy is right we can sign Ron Artest for MLE...and then keep Odom....

I am skeptical to give ariza 8-9 depending on his 1 year play...look what happened to Luke & Sasha after they got the contracts.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
i disagree....I would not want to pay ariza 8-9mi/year...I think he is a bit overrated..byt thats my opinion..and the other guy is right we can sign Ron Artest for MLE...and then keep Odom....

I am skeptical to give ariza 8-9 depending on his 1 year play...look what happened to Luke & Sasha after they got the contracts.

loool man, we don't even know what David Lee is thinking yet. He could be thinking 7 million, he could be thinking 6.

Ariza stepped his game up completely and not just in his contract year, but the year before. I think he's worth 6.5-7 million. If he wants 8....doesn't make a damn difference to me as long as Buss is making money.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #22
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

The Lakers should just offer Ariza the MLE and that's that. If he wants more than that, we might as well bring in Ron Artest, a solid role player when not asked to do too much on offense.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
big tuna
Kids at the park dunk on me

big tuna has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

i wouldn't lump ariza in with 2 of our previous great white hypes. funny how laker fans were ranting and raving about how sasha had finally 'arrived' yet was still shooting ~40% for his career. i'd think MLE for ariza is very fair but since this is his first crack at a payday, you can't blame him or his d!ckwad agent for trying to secure his family's future. at best last year, sasha was a one trick pony and a streaky one at that. at least with ariza he's athletic, was brought in as a man to man defensive player and has expanded on that by being an awesome passing lane defender, mid range to 3 pt shooter and essentially the 3rd option with whichever lineup he plays with. you can tell ariza has work ethic, the only downside i see is injury risk especially when you see people chasing him down on breakaways
big tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Sounds like this forum wants Ron Ron if Ariza ask for 8mil...I wouldn't pay Ariza no more then 5-6mil thats it....

Sorry Lakerfreak but let the cookie fall where they lay...

LO and Ron Ron
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #25
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ariza is very underated.. He is splendid on D, hes a slasher, hes improved his 3 point shooting.. and is a level headed player. I think the problem is more about how much the Lakers are able to spend... as opposed to how much they would want to spend, under ideal circumstances. Its not like Buss is not shellin' out cash already, taking on Gasols contract and paying Bynum money. The owner is willing to pay up, its just unrealistic to expect him to pay any amount at any given time... its buisness right?

So while I think Ariza does deserve a great payday compared to some of these scrubs that are getting payed load.. I just cant see how it would be wise for the Lakers to overpay, under the current circumstances.

As for Artest.. While I do like that hes a player that plays hard on D.. and that he may be reigned in well by phil... The negative possibilities makes aquiring him a hearty gamble. Artest is not a stable individual. If anyone thinks different, then its a point blank attempt at not facing reality. Plus, his relationship with Bryant has not been the bees knees lately...

Would I like to see Odom get cash as opposed to Ariza.. sure.. but I would love for it to be a short contract considering L.O.'s age.. Thats where Trevor has the advantage.. hes shown improvement and is full of youth..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #26
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Ariza needs to ditch that agent lmao
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #27
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
Dump Ariza.. Resign Odom. Ariza is already talking about money? Odom hasn't once brought up the subject.. Odom such a standup guy, not to mention all the personal stuff he had to deal with.

Give the man his due

Ariza isnt talking money, its his a-hole agent David Lee. From all the things I've read this week, Ariza really wants to come back. Just like with Bynum Lee is trying to create a buzz that isnt there.

Lets not forget he said Bynum would not settle for less than max money for 5 years.....well he didnt get it max money and he got 3 guaranteed years.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #28
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm willing to overpay to keep Lamar Odom. The same can't be said about Ariza.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #29
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

exactly I can pay odom to keep him but not to Ariza....MLE is fine but nothing more then that...I know heplayed really good in the playoffs...but i still think Ariza is really overrated...
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Agree.. Odom can play the 3, 4 and 5.. Ariza only the 3.. even him at the SG slot would be a stretch. He has tons of upside sure but Odom is the soul of the team and everyone knows it.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: